Earliest manucripts that mention Satan

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Earliest manucripts that mention Satan

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:00 pm

My friend doesn't believe Satan exists. He believes that the ancient greek documents say evil where today they say satan and that the devil was created by the Catholic church. I know he is wrong somehow(Holy Sprit). But I need concrite evidence to prove him wrong. Thankyou in advance.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Sword of Geddon

Postby Holly on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:31 pm

Sword of Geddon,

Your friend has been misinformed. The Greek word "Satanas" appears 36 times in the ancient Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. I don't know where your friend got that from, but he could consult a concordance, such as The NIV Exhaustive Concordance, which says how many times the word appeared in the ancient manuscripts.

Holly
Holly
Owner

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:05 pm

THankyou Holly, I should tell him, I'll write down that information...
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Sword of Geddon

Postby Holly on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:30 pm

You're welcome! I hope it helps!
Holly
Owner

Return to Ask Holly