Your take on Differing Interpretations

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

Your take on Differing Interpretations

Postby Martha on Fri May 18, 2007 10:55 am

Dear Herb--

Why is it that Godly, spiritual, stalwart, Bible-believing people can take the EXACT SAME verse about prophecy from the Bible, and with the Holy Spirit of God leading and teaching them, interpret it in exactly opposite ways? Do we not all have the same Scriptures and the same Holy Spirit?

Because of this and because of the fallibilty of man, maybe it's best not to subscribe to a certain "camp", and take current events and "fit" them into our interpretation. Maybe it's best to take current events, compare them with scripture, let scripture and the infallibility of God interpret them as they will. Don't you do the latter?

It just seems fool hardy (and dangerous) to me only to subscribe to one view, be it Pretrib, Midtrib, Posttrib, Preterist, or Prewrath. What is your opinion?
Martha

Postby Herb on Fri May 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Hi Martha

To a large degree I agree with you. But, after awhile, there can come a time to take a stand. In my case, if I stayed rapture neutral after coming to a different conclussion, I would be misleading people. Another thing to consider is, we are instructed to study to show ourselves approved. And we are also warned about those who are always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. When I put these two concepts together, it suggests to me that we are to study with an expectation to find answers. Yet, I still agree with what you said -- we should always stay open to the possiblity that we could be wrong. Hope I answered OK.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Return to Ask Herb