A very personal question.

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

A very personal question.

Postby Einston on Fri May 11, 2007 5:07 am

Dear Herb..

This is my first time asking you something directly. Lately i have been feeling as if there is not enough time left for me to read my bible. I have come to realize that the bible was designed to be a book that a person should study for his entire life. Since joining the folks here on FP i have learned so much about the Bible and Prophecy and Jesus that it is almost overwhelming.
My very important question is:

Is it not required of us to confess with our mouths all our sins as best as we can remember so that they may be forgiven? Is this not the very reason why Jesus hanged on the cross? To make it possible for us to be saved without sacrifice and to be rid of sin?

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 5:16
Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.
Einston

Postby Herb on Fri May 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Einston

I don't know if I understand your question. Are you asking if we have to verbally confess our sins for them to be forgiven? If that's the question, I know of nowhere the Bible teaches that. It does teach that we are to verbally profess our faith in Jesus. The only Scripture I can think of that might cause one to think that is where it talks about confessing our sins one to another. But, I don't believe a case can be made from that passage that, if we don't verbally confess our sins to each other, they're not forgiven. The way I understand Scripture, we are to each confess our sins as best we can before the throne of grace to our High Priest who understands our weakness -- our Savior and Lord Jesus (Read Hebrews chapter 4). We are to have confidence and not be afraid to approach His throne. Paul says we are saved by grace -- through faith. So, we need to step away from fear and doubt and boldly enter into what God has given us in His Son. If I answered the wrong question, please let me know. One more thing, we are not saved by knowing all of the Bible. Only by believing in Jesus.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Return to Ask Herb