Solana's term in the office

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

Solana's term in the office

Postby esohn on Thu May 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Hi, Herb

I posted a couple of questions here before and thank you for your reponses. I was just wondering; how long is Solana's term in the office as the super foreign minister of EU?

Is some kind of election coming or is he permanently seated on his position? If latter, that's very strange. Because, all the official positions in democracy has limited terms, and even they have the rotational presidency going on but Solana seems to be in his position forever.

Does he have to win another approval to stay for the next 7 years?

Thanks,

Eddie Sohn
Narrow gate/way gospel. pre-wrath
esohn

Postby Herb on Fri May 11, 2007 2:59 pm

esohn

The officals that work in the EU's Council of Ministers and Commision are not elected, they're appointed. The office of High Rep that Solana holds has a five year term. Since Solana is now in his second term and it will end it will end in 2009. That's one reason I believe the EU heads may want the foreign policy elements in the new treaty in place by 2009.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Postby esohn on Sat May 12, 2007 7:44 am

Ah, I see. He's on a second term. And they want to make changes so that Solana can stay in power?

That's still strange in a well developed democracy. Even democracy turns a blind eye so that prophecy comes true. I guess.

Thanks for your reply.
Narrow gate/way gospel. pre-wrath
esohn

Return to Ask Herb