Introducing end time events

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

Introducing end time events

Postby sherrimae on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Herb,

Do you have any advice on introducing young children to the information you have gathered on end time Bible prophecy? My children are 10 and 11, and they just recently accepted Jesus. I want to share some of the information about possible fulfillment of Bible prophecy with them, but there is so much information. I don't want to overwhelm them with too much information in the beginning, and I'm not exactly sure what info to begin telling them about first.

Both of my children know that I have been keeping up with current events that might be the things foretold in the Bible. My husband was raised Catholic, so he is a bit negative about this info, although he has accepted Jesus. My daughter is interested in the subject because she knows I believe in Bible prophecy, while our son tends to agree with his father that it's not important. My children know almost nothing about current events because their father has been in the military and we didn't want them to worry. Any ideas you have would be appreciated.
sherrimae

Postby Herb on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:21 pm

sherrimae

Reading about Daniel may be a good way to introduce someone to prophecy. The book of Daniel has great stories and images and it deals with real-world political events. In fact, no matter our age, Daniel may be the best place to start. Also, in Daniel chapter 7 we read about the fourth beast kingdom and the 10 horns and the little horn. That's where a discussion about the WEU and first Mr. Europe could begin. From there you could discuss the importance of the two great signs in Rev. chapter 12 -- the rebirth of Israel and the reappearance of the dragon in the EU's revival of the old Roman Empire. From there you could go to Rev. chapter 13. The important thing is to get them to understand that Bible prophecy is talking about real-world events. And, that being the case, Jesus' return will also be a real-world event. Hope this helps.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Postby sherrimae on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Thanks, Herb! That helps me know where to begin. Even though my children believe the Bible, I want them to be able to see for themselves that some of the foretold events are happening right now.

Also, I had a great surprise at work today. One of my fellow Christian pharmacists printed out an article for us to read that is titled "Javier Solona and the End Times." It talks about some of the events you are trying to tell people about. I was so surprised that I didn't even notice who the author is. I was just thrilled to see that someone I know is trying to get the word out to others.
sherrimae

Return to Ask Herb