Terminal generation

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

Terminal generation

Postby slamdunk on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 pm

I was wondering if you believe the generation that witnessed the rebirth of Israel in 1948 (the sprouting fig tree-Mt. 24:32), is the generation that will experience Daniel's 70th week. Thanks
slamdunk

Postby Holly on Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Slamdunk,

Thanks for your question. It would be better answered by Herb since his expertise is in end-times prophecy, not mine. I will move your question to his "Ask Herb" forum.
Holly
Owner

Postby Herb on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:12 pm

slamdunk

When I think of this question, I think of Ariel Sharon -- being kept alive by machines. As a young man, Sharon played a role in the rebirth of Israel. I suspect the prophecy may be about Sharon's generation. It may be saying that the Jewish generation that saw the rebirth of Israel won't pass away until Messiah comes.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Postby slamdunk on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Herb wrote:slamdunk

When I think of this question, I think of Ariel Sharon -- being kept alive by machines. As a young man, Sharon played a role in the rebirth of Israel. I suspect the prophecy may be about Sharon's generation. It may be saying that the Jewish generation that saw the rebirth of Israel won't pass away until Messiah comes.

Herb

Thank you, Herb, I appreciate your view. I guess the length of a "generation" is important. If the rebirth of Israel is the meaning of Matt. 24:32, then how long was the generation Jesus had in mind? We're at 59 years as of 2007. Just interesting when you think about the seeming proximity of Dan. 9:27. Thanks again:-)
slamdunk

Return to Ask Herb