Egypt, Israel, Assyria

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

Egypt, Israel, Assyria

Postby joe.. on Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:20 am

Hey Holly,

I know that all Israel will be saved, but also I recently came across this prophecy in Isaiah 19:24-25 - In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the LORD of hosts has blessed, saying, "Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance." Is this prophecy for now, or is this referring to the Millennial Kingdom?

In the passage, Israel is listed last of all. So will this mean that great revival in Egypt will take place before Israel is saved? Also, what is Assyria? There are some modern day Assyrians, who are mostly Christians, living in Iraq and Syria - does it mean them? At the height of its powers, the Assyrian empire encompassed modern-day Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Or will we see revival across the Middle East as well, based on this verse? If so this would be very exciting!

Thanks,

Joe
joe..

Postby Holly on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your question. This is one for Herb, as it relates more to Bible prophecy than apologetics. I will move your thread to his forum.
Holly
Owner

Postby Herb on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 pm

I believe this prophecy is about the 1000-year reign of Christ. As you point out, the Bible tells us that all Israel will be saved. It's my view this mass conversion of Israel may come about as a result of God's intervention at the Ezekiel war and the rapture -- which may coincide. Since Egypt and Syria aren't mentioned in this war, they would mostly likely escape this particular action by God -- which may explain their conversion to the God of Israel, too.

Herb
_2 Timothy 4:1-4__Image
Herb
FP Founder

Return to Ask Herb