How does Jan 1 square with Exe 39:9?

This forum contains answers from Herb to many questions about Bible prophecy.

How does Jan 1 square with Exe 39:9?

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:30 am

Hi Herb or Holly,
First off, I pray that the Lord will either heal you or ease your pain and passing, Herb! You have truly done His Work.

My question concerns the theory that we've already entered the 70th Week of Daniel. If this occurred--either on October 5, 2005 or the 7-year countdown to Christ's return began on January 1, 2007....how does this square with Ezekial 39:9, in which God says that the Israelites will be burning the weapons from the Ezekial 38-39 war for 7 years?

It's my understanding from Revelation that shortly after Christ returns, He remakes the earth, and we have a new heaven and a new earth...so there probably can't be any carryover of those burnable weapons.

The only way I see this fitting is if we are yet to enter the 70th Week, and the Ezekial 38-39 war (which may or may not be the Gog-Magog war) occurs very soon...as all the news stories are currently prepping us for anyway.

Blessings to you and your family,
Tam
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby bok on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi Tam,

I was going to ask Herb exactly the same question today, but he has been given an amazing job promotion!

So I had to do the work myself.

Jesus will establish his Millennial Kingdom on earth for 1000 years before there is a New Heaven and a New Earth, so it seems possible for there to still be a burning of weapons, even after Christ wins the final battle. There will still be people on earth!

I re-read Revelation 20. There will be nations in the four corners of the earth for 1000 years, but the Saints will reign over them together with Christ. At the end of the millennium, there will be a reprisal of magog... led Satan, who will be released from the Abyss.

It's logical that the weapons could still be burned, even as Christ establishes his reign.

What is not logical (but I'm not trying to interpret the mind of God) is the Ezekiel 39 verse pertaining to the Gog-Magog battle at the end of the millennium. Why would God wait 7 years after the final battle to establish the New Heaven and New Earth?

So it seems possible from a plain reading of Rev. 20 that:

(a) The weapons could be burned by those who are reigned over in the millenium, and

(b) That Ezekiel 39:9 refers to a time before the Gog-Magog reprisal of Rev. 20:8.

Hope that helps... that's what I came up with...

I miss Herb, :(

but now I am doing my own legwork. :sweat:

Holly;

What will become of the "Ask Herb" Forum?
bok
Supporting Member

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Thank you, Bok! OxBob pm'd me, and said pretty much the same thing. I think I got mixed up thinking the new earth occurred right after the Second Coming, but I see from scripture it's at the end of the Millenium.

I guess I fixated on the 7-year thing, which matches the length of the 70th week of Daniel.
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Return to Ask Herb