Once Saved Always Saved

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Re: Once Saved Always Saved

Postby mark s on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:40 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:I think non believers have their sins atoned for, (he died once for all) but is their name going to be found in the book of life? That's the question.

2 Cor 5 states that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. John tells us that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

All sins committed by all mankind were paid for on the Cross. Not atoned, which means covered, but propitiated, which means that satisfaction was provided by an acceptable substitute.

Jesus said that all sins would be forgiven men, excepting the blasphemy of the Spirit.

When John wrote that He is faithful and just to forgive our sins, how is it "just" that He forgive? Because they've been paid for. It's like I buy you a car. I've paid the price. All is satisfied. Now you go to pick up the car. The dealer has to give it to you, since I've paid for it. If he doesn't, he's in the wrong.

So in a sense, all sins have been forgiven to all men. But that's not enough. You must be born again, or you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. Just like you have to show up at the dealer and drive off in the car, you have to received God's forgiveness. But you can receive it because it's already been provided.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby BeTheMoon on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Mark F wrote:"He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him"

This is the one you say "looses" his salvation, but John plainly says he is a liar.

We say rightly, he never was saved, therefore he cannot loose what he never possessed.

So keep His commandments. :wink:
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby BeTheMoon on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
1 Jn 2:1-6
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Do you take John 2:3-4 to mean that a child of God can lose his salvation?

John 2:3-4
And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come."

No. :mrgreen:

I see the whole chapter of 1 John 2 as an encouragement to abide in Christ and not love the world (among other things).
BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Bible Study Q & A