Jewish Sacrifices

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Jewish Sacrifices

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Someday the Jews will start sacrificing animals in the temple again, but is that a good thing? Would that be a sign of their unbelief in Jesus? Why would they need the blood of animals to cover their sins?
extravagantchristian

Re: Jewish Sacrifices

Postby Jericho on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Someday the Jews will start sacrificing animals in the temple again, but is that a good thing? Would that be a sign of their unbelief in Jesus? Why would they need the blood of animals to cover their sins?

Hi EC, this is already true. Jews as a whole have never accepted Christ, and won't until the tribulation. But there is an indication that sacrifices will resume in the millennial kingdom: http://www.gotquestions.org/millennial-sacrifices.html
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:48 pm

But are they supposed to be sacrificing before Jesus returns? Is it a command from God or was that all abolished with the New Covenant?
extravagantchristian

Postby Jericho on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:57 pm

I'm not sure what your asking EC. We don't sacrifice because we believe Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. But since the Jews don't believe in Jesus they don't follow the new covenant. There basically just following the old Levetical laws on their own accord. From a prophetic perspective, it is a significant sign for those us who believe there will be a temple and sacrificing during the tribulation.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Sonbeam on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Someday the Jews will start sacrificing animals in the temple again, but is that a good thing?

No, that definitely would not be a good thing EC. It would be an abomination unto the Lord. But whether a temple is ever built or not (and I don’t believe it ever will be) those who are intent on going on with their plans to restore the obsolete sacrificial system are already in their hearts in full rebellion against God and His Son, Who made it very clear in John 4:21, where and how the Father wanted to be worshipped:

John 4:21

“Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

And in order for anyone to do the above, they have to be born again of God’s Spirit who gives this gift only to those who believe in His Son.

Would that be a sign of their unbelief in Jesus? Why would they need the blood of animals to cover their sins?

Absolutely, this is a sign that those who are planning the restoration of animals sacrifices do not believe in Christ.
But we have some very good news to proclaim to them: Christ has already cleansed them from all their sins.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
extravagantchristian wrote:Someday the Jews will start sacrificing animals in the temple again, but is that a good thing?

No, that definitely would not be a good thing EC. It would be an abomination unto the Lord.

Ok that's what I was wondering. It would be a sin for them to start up sacrifices. So if it's a sin for them to sacrifice now, wouldn't it be a sin for them to sacrifice during the millennium?
extravagantchristian

Postby Sonbeam on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:
Sonbeam wrote:

No, that definitely would not be a good thing EC. It would be an abomination unto the Lord.

Ok that's what I was wondering. It would be a sin for them to start up sacrifices. So if it's a sin for them to sacrifice now, wouldn't it be a sin for them to sacrifice during the millennium?

Yes EC, it would still be rebellion against God, IF there were to be a millennium (when Christ rules on this earth for a thousand years). Personally, I don’t hold to that doctrine. For me the “millennium” is symbolic for the eternal state of being with Christ in His kingdom after He comes for His saints at the second coming.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Return to Bible Study Q & A