Which religion is the TRUE religion?

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Which religion is the TRUE religion?

Postby dennis on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:25 am

People say:
We can't know which religion is the TRUE religion.
No one can know that.

How would I prove to myself (or someone else) that I KNOW which religion is the RIGHT one?

I think my answer is:

The OT and the NT says: Love your neighbor as yourself.
The NT also says: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (The Golden Rule).
Jesus said: Sell all that you have, and give the money to the poor.

Many religions have the NEGATIVE form of the Golden Rule : "Don't harm any one".

BUT! I can obey that NEGATIVE Golden Rule, while you starve to death (as long as I don't hurt you).

Jesus (and His Golden Rule) is a TON of HARD work. I must seek the poor, help the poor, feed the hungry, send medecine to the sick, etc

Only a God/man would ever THINK of the Golden Rule, much less, say it, preach it, or (gasp!), Live it!

Fallen man would never think of the Golden Rule.
The Golden Rule is TOO HARD, TOO MUCH WORK,
It's Super-natural.
Natural (fallen) man would never even think of it.

The OT and the NT are the ONLY religions (or persons, political parties, philosophies, etc) which have the Golden Rule.
Jesus is the AUTHOR of both the OT and the NT.

Lots of people have said the Golden Rule, but they didn't originate it. They copied it from Jesus.

Which religion has the Highest and most Love and Wisdom, in Quality and Quantity?
It's Jesus, the "Friend of Sinners"! The OT and the NT!

No other religion comes close.

dennis
dennis

Postby OBXBob on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:00 am

Hello dennis,

In addition, NONE of the "prophets" from these other religions ever predicted that they would be resurrected after dying only Jesus did that. He said he would do it, and he did it.

Another thing that separates our Bible from that of any other religions is the prophecies that were made and have come to pass with stunning accuracy, and are still being fulfilled in front of our very eyes. The Dead Sea scrolls proved to be a death blow to other religions and atheists who had previously, before the discovery of the scrolls, said that there was no way the Bible's prophecies could have been this accurate unless they had been written after the fact. The Books of Isaiah and Daniel were among those found in the scrolls which date back well before the birth of Jesus. Hundreds of prophecies in the Old Testament were fulfilled by Jesus.

We could write thousands of pages on this topic, but I wanted to add these two points, from a 30,000 foot level.

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:11 am

In addition, no other faith can boast of the miracles in the lives of it's adherents over a period of it's history.

Plus what other "book" can boast of a 7,000 year publishing history? Most books are "out of print" after 30 yrs. or so.......but His Word has survived an astounding history!

:praise:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby dennis on Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks

I heard somebody say,
The Koran has no prophecies, except one.
And that one prophecy: Mohammed made the prophecy, and then, he fulfilled it.

(I think: that's cheating, isn't it?)

I'm very fond of the story of King Cyrus. After Cyrus read his OWN NAME in the Scripture, he was so moved, that he let the captives go free, laden down with the Temple Treasures.

Wow!

dennis
dennis

Postby OBXBob on Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:51 pm

Another one I forgot to mention...the nation of Israel.

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby dennis on Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:06 am

Other religions have Miracles, apparitions, super-natural healings, etc

such as
Sai Baba (a Hindu Holy man, in India, he has his own web-site)

Our Lady of Fatima (see the official RCC web-site, the apparition was seen and heard by thousands of people 6 times, over 6 months, in 1917.
We can't deny the miraculous appariton , BUT! Mary was an adult, while Jesus, beside her was a little boy, Mary did ALL the talking, and Mary contradicted the NT. So,........Dave Hunt , and I, believe that "Mary and Jesus" were demons masquerading as Mary and Jesus)

Shamans, Voodoo, Catholic, ESP, UFO, Mormon, Koran, Sufism, Whirling Dervishes, Kaballah, Benny Hinn, water-witching (dowsing), divination, New Age, etc have super-natural phenomenon. But , many of these are NOT from Jesus. They are from Satan.

How can we tell which Miracles are from Jesus, and which are from Satan?

Miracles/apparitions from Jesus must agree with the bible.

dennis
dennis

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:29 am

Miracles/apparitions from Jesus must agree with the bible.

:a3:

Mat 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

Mat 24:25 "Behold, I have told you in advance.

Mat 24:26 "If therefore they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go forth, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Which religion is the true Religion?

Postby Mrs. B on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:54 am

WHICH RELIGION IS THE TRUE RELIGION?

NONE OF THEM........

Jesus did not bring a religion.........Jesus Brought Life......God Life.....

Eternel Life........The Way of Life.......I Am the Way........

Religion comes from man..........

Jesus is Life.........

FAITH IN HIM........not religion

James 1:26........If any man among you Seem Religious......and bridleth not his tongue......but deceiveth his own heart......this man's Religion is Vain........

27......PURE RELIGION.......and Undefiled Before God and the Father is this............

TO VISIT THE FATHERLESS.....AND WIDOWS....in their affiction.......

and to keep Himself Unspotted from the World.......

Pure Religion is......

If we want to be religious............Visit the Widows and orphans.....and keep yourselves unspotted from the World......

James 1:22.....But be ye doers of the Word.....and not hearers only....
deceiving your own selves........

23.....For if any be a hearer of the word....and not a doer....he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24......For he beholdeth himself....and goeth his way...and straight way forgetteth what manner of man he was......

bb

Religion comes from man.....
Mrs. B

Postby ozell on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:55 am

Find the most widely use name of a GOD on the earth used by the gentiles and you have found the truth.

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

Phil 2:9: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Read his word

Ex 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Isa 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Study his WORD

2Tm 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Then believe

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
3: Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Jn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

1Tm 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Hear his voice;

Jn 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jn 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Rv 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

obey

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

ozell
ozell

Return to Bible Study Q & A