Tithe Confession

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Tithe Confession

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 am

Tithe Confession

As we give into this offering we are believing the Lord for:
    Godly supernatural ability to bring wealth into the kingdom.
    Jobs and better jobs. Raises and bonuses. Benefits, favor with God and man.
    Sales and commissions. Favorable settlements. Rebates and returns.
    Unexpected income. Checks in the mail. Gifts and surprises.
    Inheritances. Interest and income. Bills paid off. Bills decreased.
    Blessings and increase. Generosity. Increased capacity.
    Witty inventions and creative ideas.
    Words of knowledge and wisdom for supernatural insight for wise investments.

Thank you lord for meeting all of my financial needs that I may have more than enough to give into the kingdom of God and promote the gospel of Jesus Christ in the earth, Hallelujah!

What do you think of this confession which is recited every service prior to the tithe collection? Is it a "me-me-me" wish list? along with a "and oh, by the way...thank you."

Is it a "prosperity" wish list? Or a "speak the word" of faith message?

Thoughts?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Tithe Confession

Postby Dusty on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 am

Wow, give me, give me, give me all I want of this world. Personally I would look around for a church that is more along the lines of Thank you dear Father, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit for what you have already done for me and allowing me to give back a portion to You.
Dusty

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:57 am

I dont think i could sit through that more than once. The whole thing is all about covetousness. The bible says that godliness with contentment is great gain. We should strive to be content. Not rich.
extravagantchristian

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Thank you lord for meeting all of my financial needs that I may have more than enough to give into the kingdom of God and promote the gospel of Jesus Christ in the earth...

To me, this sounds a bit like bargaining with God. :mrgreen:

Meet my needs so I can meet yours.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Dusty on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I am so grateful for His kindness, grace and mercy when I deserved none of it.
Dusty

Postby daffodyllady on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm

2Pe 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2Pe 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
2Pe 2:16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

*** 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
*** 1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

1Ti 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Luke 21:1-4
1 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury.
2 And He saw a poor widow putting in two small copper coins.
3 And He said, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all of them;
4 for they all out of their surplus put into the offering; but she out of her poverty put in all that she had to live on.”

The widow didn't give expecting to "get" something in return.

Pray tell- what kind of church is it that you are hearing this "confession"? Doesn't sound much like a confession to me. Sounds like they are asking for a surplus because they gave.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Pray tell- what kind of church is it that you are hearing this "confession"?

If you do a search for "jobs and better jobs" (or any other part of the confession), you'll see a number of churches that state that prior to receiving the tithe. I'm certain there are others that just don't post it on their internet web site.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sunny on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:58 am

Father, everything I have is Yours. Thank You for meeting all of my needs and for the privilege of being able to give as You direct me.
Sunny

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Made me immediately think of 1 Timothy 6

3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
AndCanItBe

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:58 pm

I used to belong to the Word-of-Faith Charismatic movement.

They say it like this:
Con-fess means to speak along with. Therefore, confessions are not only supposed to be about your sins. We need to say the same things God says, and con-fess the scriptures.

I agree so far.

But then, it gets weird. They think that the more you speak things, the more likely it will be to happen. so they pick verses that promised financial gain to the Jews, and try to confess them. And then they put things into their own words, to create "confessions" that they think agree with the word about God's blessings on themselves.

They are so deep into this stuff that they do not see how covetous it all is.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:58 am

God is not a prostitute.
Go to 2 Corinthians 2:17.
Peddling -"To sell at retail, with the implication of improper profit, either by overcharging or adulterating"
2 Corinthians 2:17 Paul wrote that it was many who were peddling the word of God!
Is this not what we also see today?
We have more books, videos, etc available for purchase which promote not only the tithe but the idea that those who tithe are promised a hundred-fold.
Is this not an example of God’s word being ‘peddled’ for an improper profit?
Believers who ‘peddle’ the hundred-fold doctrine, also find themselves who follow their giving becomes an investment venture rather than an act of charity.

1 Corinthians 9:6. God's blessings on those who give, but if the giving is done with the motive to get back, is it really giving?

God only expects the believer to give from what they have, not from what they don’t have,
2 Corinthians 8:12.

Teaching about ‘faith’ giving is nothing more than manipulation and intimidation.

Should believers who are giving out of a sense of guilt rather than from a cheerful heart?

To refuse to stand for the truth that tithing is not required under the New Covenant simply because of the possibility that giving might decrease shows a lack of integrity as well as a lack of trust in God.
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Return to Bible Study Q & A