Where was He?

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Where was He?

Postby notworthcomparing on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 pm

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke%2023:43&version=NASB

Today you will be with me in paradise...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph%204:9-10&version=NASB

Now this expression, “He ascended,” what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.

So which is it? Today they were in paradise or Jesus was in hell for three days?

Personally I believe Jesus made a brief stop in the good side of hades (Luke 16:19-31) "the harrowing of hell", released the saved captives, led them to heaven and today they were in paradise.

Was Sunday morning, simply the resurrection of the body?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NASB)

Those Who Died in Christ

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

For those who have already passed from death to life, is the rapture simply the bodily resurrection.

Revelation 20:5 (NASB)

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

Who are these in Revelation 20:5? Dead, but not by decaptation tribulation saints?

What do you say?

:bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
notworthcomparing

Re: Where was He?

Postby CorporalJohnny on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

My personal belief is that:

The Elders are a mystery to me, in my opinion they are either the Raptured Church/Resurrected Saints or those who Christ led out of captivity in Hades when He Resurrected, or both and the great multitude that can not be numbered with Palm Branches in Rev 7:9 are the Tribulation Saints. (If the Elders are the Raptured Church/Resurrected dead, my question is where are those who Christ led out of Hades? The Old Testament Jews.

Those mentioned in Rev 20:4 seem to be specifically those who were beheaded, because they refused to worship the beast or his image.

The dead mentioned in Rev 20:5:
1. those who never accepted Christ, 3,000 years of people who died in their sins
2. all the dead before Christ came to earth(it says Hades gave up it's dead for judgement) that died in their sins
3. Saints who died during the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth.

That's my take anyway, if anyone notices any mistakes, let me know, I'm always open to rechecking my facts and assumptions.
If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.
If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
-Mark Twain
CorporalJohnny

Re: Where was He?

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Here's my view for what it's worth

I agree with your idea concerning setting the captives free, what captives but believers would He set free? Jesus set the captives free and took them to paradise within the crystal sea. His body was three days in the grave, but scripture doesn't say He spent those three days in Hades.

I personally believe that the crystal sea which John describes in the Revelation is where the souls of the righteous reside upon their death, and that this place resides beneath the heavenly tabernacle which John is called up into and is described in Rev 4. This is also where "paradise" is currently as well, in this "level of heaven". The souls of the fifth seal are indeed those souls who have died as believers and have gone on to reside within the crystal sea until their time of resurrection. These souls will be raised along with those who are raptured to stand before the throne (the multitudes of Rev 7). The fifth seal martyrs IMO are not the "tribulation saints". However the tribulation saints when they die during the tribulation, their souls will reside within the crystal sea until they are raised after the tribulation to reign along with those who will have been raised earlier. Likewise those righteous souls who die during the millennium will also reside within the crystal sea, until death is abolished and then there will be "no more sea".

Just my two cents (the expanded version is a bit more than my two cents :mrgreen: )

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Return to Bible Study Q & A