What is it about the blood?

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

What is it about the blood?

Postby Jericho on Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:04 am

“without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” -(Heb 9:22)

I have wondered what is it about the blood that is so important. When you think about it, blood is central to both the Old and New Testament. Not just the sacrificial part of it, but the prohibition of drinking it or eating animals with blood still in them. The animal sacrifices in the Old Testament were a foreshadow of Christ, but it also served a practical purpose in temporarily atoning for sin.

But the exact mechanism of how shedding blood atones for sins is not clear to me. What is it about the blood and the shedding of it that makes it so important? It leads me to believe there is something special about blood that transcends the physical nature of it. It acts as a bridge between the natural and the supernatural. Perhaps this is why the occult also places a high emphasis on blood. It makes me think that blood contains properties that may not be completely clear to us, or maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it. Thoughts?
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Re: What is it about the blood?

Postby Ready1 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Life is required as a sacrifice for sin.

This version may help...

(CEV) Life is in the blood, and I have given you the blood of animals to sacrifice in place of your own.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:36 pm

Yes, one's very life is dependent on blood. The word is found in the NASB 87 times in the NT.

Jesus said He was the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep. (John 10:11) He was the ultimate sacrifice as the Passover Lamb of God (Luke 22). John recognized Jesus as the Lamb of God (John 1:36). And there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. (John 15:13)

I found this reference to the value of a lamb:

A sacrificial lamb is a metaphorical reference to a person or animal sacrificed for the common good. The term is derived from the traditions of Abrahamic religion where a lamb is a highly valued possession.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrificial_lamb
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sonbeam on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:29 pm

Jericho wrote:

But the exact mechanism of how shedding blood atones for sins is not clear to me.

Since the atonement process had another component or mission other than the shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sins (actually three with the institution/ratification of the New Covenant), we can get back to this later.

What is it about the blood and the shedding of it that makes it so important? It leads me to believe there is something special about blood that transcends the physical nature of it. It acts as a bridge between the natural and the supernatural. Thoughts?

And indeed, I believe there is Jericho. Not the blood in itself, but as the medium that God designed it to be.

Your post led me to think about the first time when God infused/placed blood within a man in the garden.

Imagine God forming a man with every biological detail in place to include the blood.

The blood was there in every vein and artery, but it was still--not moving. It had no life.

It had no life UNTIL ........ God breathed into that man the breath of life.

And then the breath of God did its work. It propelled that blood to move and circulate into every cell of that man’s body to make that man alive!

And then that man’s countenance, whose skin had previously had a bluish tint, slowly started to gain a rosy glow. The man was now alive!

So as the scripture that Ready1 one quoted says:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

The life is IN the blood. The blood is only the medium for the life.

Our God is an awesome Creator!

Blessings,

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Maybe blood contains energy or electricity?

Our bodies operate off of electrical currents, and the Holy Spirit lives in us and influences our minds and thoughts. Our mind is a place where spirit realm and physical realm meet.

Maybe it's all tied together.

"There's power in the blood"

https://futurism.com/neoscope/we-may-so ... loodstream
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby Mark F on Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 am

Sonbeam wrote:
Jericho wrote:

But the exact mechanism of how shedding blood atones for sins is not clear to me.

Since the atonement process had another component or mission other than the shedding of blood for the forgiveness of sins (actually three with the institution/ratification of the New Covenant), we can get back to this later.

What is it about the blood and the shedding of it that makes it so important? It leads me to believe there is something special about blood that transcends the physical nature of it. It acts as a bridge between the natural and the supernatural. Thoughts?

And indeed, I believe there is Jericho. Not the blood in itself, but as the medium that God designed it to be.

Your post led me to think about the first time when God infused/placed blood within a man in the garden.

Imagine God forming a man with every biological detail in place to include the blood.

The blood was there in every vein and artery, but it was still--not moving. It had no life.

It had no life UNTIL ........ God breathed into that man the breath of life.

And then the breath of God did its work. It propelled that blood to move and circulate into every cell of that man’s body to make that man alive!

And then that man’s countenance, whose skin had previously had a bluish tint, slowly started to gain a rosy glow. The man was now alive!

So as the scripture that Ready1 one quoted says:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

The life is IN the blood. The blood is only the medium for the life.

Our God is an awesome Creator!

Blessings,

sonbeam

I was thinking the same exact thing Sonbeam. M.R. DeHaan, the founder of The Radio Bible Class, I think its now Our Daily Bread, wrote a book titled "The Chemistry of the Blood," I like his perspective an insights. I would recommend finding his books, there a bunch of them available on Amazon in paperback and they have some very interesting content.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Sonbeam on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:03 pm

I was thinking the same exact thing Sonbeam. M.R. DeHaan, the founder of The Radio Bible Class, I think its now Our Daily Bread, wrote a book titled "The Chemistry of the Blood," I like his perspective an insights. I would recommend finding his books, there a bunch of them available on Amazon in paperback and they have some very interesting content.

Hi Mark,

I'm familiar with Mr DeHaan's writings. I get Our Daily Bread on my phone, and sometimes some of his commentaries appear there. I've enjoyed his biblical insights, but I don't have any of his books.

Thanks for letting me know about his one book on the blood. I might try and get it.

Blessings,

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby shorttribber on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:07 pm

I haven't much time to comment...just know that "Somatid" are "IN The Blood".......And it NEVER DIES!

Please check out the link below....after reading this little part....
........................................................................................................................................
"The Somatid Cycle.

Even stranger, over the years the somatids were revealed to be virtually indestructible! They have resisted exposure to carbonization temperatures of 200º C and more. They have survived exposure to 50,000 rems of nuclear radiation, far more than enough to kill any living thing. They have been totally unaffected by any acid. Taken from centrifuge residues, they have been found impossible to cut with a diamond knife; so unbelievably impervious to any such attempts is their hardness.
........................................................................................................................................

https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... ent.24419/

.........................................................................................................................................

Also, i've been privilaged in the past to personally view the Somatid in their various cycles...it was absolutely amazing to view them though the Somatoscope!
..........I wanted also to copy and paste this next part only because the article is so incredibly long that finding this part may be quite difficult, so here it is below....

"The Somatoscope

Naessens' revolutionary microscope, the somatoscope, weaves two light sources (one visible, one ultraviolet) together to produce a third, functionally higher, frequency with which it is possible to obtain a resolution and magnification thirty times greater then with conventional light microscopy . (In conventional light microscopy resolution, and therefore magnification, is limited by the wavelength of visible light - approximately 4000 Angstroms.) Although with the electron microscope there is almost no limit to the magnification, the electrons must be beamed through a vacuum, so it can not be used to look at living material. Naessens' remarkable somatoscope, however, can view live material with a resolution of 150 Angstroms, a magnification of 30,000 diameters. That magnification reveals a whole new world in a tiny drop of blood. The world that Gaston Naessens sees in that drop with his somatoscope is quite different from what we were taught at school! He sees that our blood is alive with a teaming micro-ecology. This is how Gaston Naessens discovered the somatid.

Somatids

In all living plants and animals Naessens observed tiny creatures. He called them somatids - "little bodies". He says that in the healthy organism the somatids have a simple three stage life cycle (a simple viroid form, spores, and double spores). This he named the microcycle. The somatids are symbiotic - they've always been with us, and we need them. However, when the body is under stress the somatids elaborate into a more complicated macrocycle, a sixteen stage cycle. The macrocycle is parasitic and is associated with the development of immune compromised diseases - such as cancer. Naessens' theory is that there are inhibitors in the blood that keep the somatids in the healthy symbiotic microcycle. Under stress these inhibitors may be lost and our friends, the somatids, turn into opportunistic parasites. So, in the 16 stage macrocycle bacteria-like and fungus-like forms grow from the somatids. This elaboration of forms is termed pleomorphism. The somatid pattern can function as an indicator of serious disease. The somatid pattern associated with cancer, for instance, is usually observed in the blood up to two years before the manifestation of the disease. This allows us to get a really early warning when we are headed for trouble or it can be helpful in keeping track of the progress of a preexisting disease. By monitoring the somatid phenomenon we can observe a patient's response to both orthodox and alternative treatments, and to life style changes."
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:12 am

Laminin is a part of blood that forms a cross. I have always been amazed with that one, and recall a few years back, many articles on that part of the blood.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sonbeam on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:44 pm

shorttribber wrote:I haven't much time to comment...just know that "Somatid" are "IN The Blood".......And it NEVER DIES!

This is very interesting information ST.

Does the Somatid cycle continue after the death of the body when the decomposition process finally strips the body to the bones?

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Jericho on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks all for the responses, you have given me much to think about.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Sonbeam wrote:
shorttribber wrote:I haven't much time to comment...just know that "Somatid" are "IN The Blood".......And it NEVER DIES!

This is very interesting information ST.

Does the Somatid cycle continue after the death of the body when the decomposition process finally strips the body to the bones?

sonbeam

I believe it does, yes...basically, it doesn't ever die.
I personally believe it is...a particle of Spirit in some way.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby keithareilly on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:15 pm

Not just about the blood; but, also about shedding. Like a tree sheds its leaves during autumn.

Adam was placed under the Law of Sin and Death. If you eat the fruit of this tree, you die.
The wages of sin is death. It is what we earn when we sin.
Jesus was born under the law, the Law of Sin and Death. If He sinned He earns death.
Jesus shed his blood. He experienced death without earning death, without sinning.
Consequently, Death had no hold upon Him; because, He had not earned Death; therefore not subject to Death, not Death's subject, not Death's slave, Death had no authority of Him.
Not being a subject of Death, death had no jurisdiction over Jesus; consequently He was resurrected.
When Jesus died, He entered the realm of Death, then exited the realm of Death through His resurrection, In so doing, Jesus created an exit from the realm of Death.
Consequently Jesus is the only gateway out of the jurisdiction of Death.
If you become one with Christ, Death has no hold upon you either.

Romans 6:3
Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

When we are baptized into His Death we enter the Gateway exiting the realm of Death.
Consequently, the law of Sin and Death is no longer enforced upon us.

The shedding of blood results in Death.
The shedding of the blood of a sinless man resulted in His death but Death had no jurisdiction over a sinless man so Death could not hold him. Without Jesus's death, the shedding of His blood, there would be no way from which to exit the jurisdiction of the law of Sin and Death which subjugates all sinners to Death.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:49 am

GodsStudent wrote:Laminin is a part of blood that forms a cross. I have always been amazed with that one, and recall a few years back, many articles on that part of the blood.

Just looked up Laminin GS. Beautiful picture of a cross!

:blessyou:

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Return to Bible Study Q & A