"Contact Us"

ask questions, report problems and other tech suggestions

"Contact Us"

Postby amessenger4god on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am

I'm not sure if this is just my computer or if everyone has noticed this, but on the main FP.com menu bar, the "Contact Us" link has fallen off and is covering the "ecy" of "Prophecy". I think this just started since the technical problems started a week-or-so ago. Sorry if this has already been addressed.
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
amessenger4god

Re: "Contact Us"

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:37 am

I'm not seeing that problem, but I have reported yesterday that the "Archives" link is not working.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bchandler on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:02 am

I see the problem, and it has been around for a long time. I suspect that it has something to do with th browser version.

I am using firefox, Whoever the web designer is simply needs to double check their work with various browsers, like firefox, and opera... not just IE. The problem is not visible via IE.

The problem is apparently visible at different font sizes. As you scale up or down it will come and go.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:06 am

bchandler wrote:I see the problem, and it has been around for a long time. I suspect that it has something to do with th browser version.

I am using firefox, Whoever the web designer is simply needs to double check their work with various browsers, like firefox, and opera... not just IE. The problem is not visible via IE.

I use several different browsers for different reasons. I'm using Firefox 5.1, IE 8, Netscape 7.2, and Opera 10. I don't see this problem in any of the four.

:dunno:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bchandler on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 am

I updated my earlier message to reflect the conditions to reproduce it.
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:09 am

OK, let me check it out now.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bchandler on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 am

Additional condition:

This problem is not seen by using the web page's font scaling, only when using the browser's page scaling. for example, in firefox when using the ctrl+scroll wheel to scale up and down, or when using the ctrl+plus/minus.
bchandler

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 am

hmm...still not able to reproduce it, bchandler. Could resolution have something to do with it?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bchandler on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 am

dunno.... my resolution is 1280x1024. It may have more to do with the fonts I have installed in windows and how they scale. It could be a lot of things... It's really not a huge deal, and could easily be addressed by moving the "contact us" link into the lower banner area where you have the links to "new users" and "Studying Prophecy".
bchandler

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 am

My resolution is 1360 x 768.

I'll pm a link to this thread to Holly.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby amessenger4god on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Hummmmm.... I just opened FP in Internet Explorer and I didn't have a problem. For me it looks like the problem occurs only in Google Chrome (which is the browser I use). I don't use Firefox or Opera so I don't know about those. My resolution is 1366 x 768.
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
- John 5:24
amessenger4god

Return to Club Confuzzled aka Tech Q&A