God vs Mammon

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

God vs Mammon

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Good Day -

As many of you know, with the current pandemic (Covid-19); the effects of Global Warming; extreme fanaticism, and cultural unrest - the entire World has moved in to a paradigm shift in such a manner that many have no clue where we stand on the timeline of the Return of Christ. Many will say in their hearts that we've had these events occur before, yet where is the "promise of His Coming?" (2 Peter 3:4)

Today - Tuesday; September 8, 2020, I was at my place of work and noticed a huge line of employee's awaiting to be administered a free flu shot. About a week prior a mandate was sent by leadership informing those employed that flu shots were "mandatory" and a "condition of employment." As I viewed this long line of employee's I thought to myself....
wow - it will probably be like this when a mandate is given to take a "mark" to either: buy, or sell - perhaps even to maintain a job.

As I proceeded throughout my work day, I began to wonder about man's fate. How in this Fallen World many are so deceived - this verse of Scripture came to mind:

Matthew 6:19-24 - NASB

19) Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21) for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22) “The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23) But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

24) No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth

I've met many Christians who believe we have a responsibility to assist God in establishing His Eternal Kingdom by some sort of man-directed intervention such as voting; protests; war; enacting laws ....etc - sometimes even prayer; or ushering in certain events they control believing they are doing with "will of thus sayeth the Lord" through their own imagination. Well - I happen to wholeheartedly disagree with this line of thinking - as I know God is in Control of everything - from the hairs numbered on your head (Luke 12:7) to the sparrow not being able to fall to the ground without the knowledge of God. (Matthew 10:29)

What shall we do then as Christians some may ask...….?

Scripture commands us to lead a "quiet life;" - "minding our own business" (1 Thessalonians 4:11)
Yet many want to feel that they are in Control; or God needs our help (reminds me of Abraham "feeling" he needed to assist God by bearing a child with his Servant - when the promise was through his wife Sarah.)

So as I continued to watch all those standing in line - I wondered.... are they getting this flu shot as a condition of employment? Or perhaps because they fear getting the flu in combination with Covid-19; or are they just simply following others blindly without questioning what has been mandated? Throughout the day, I observed the employees back and forth in the flu shot line like humming birds back and forth at a feeder. Someone asked me if I was going to get the flu shot? I didn't respond, as it's none of their business.

The point I'm trying to make with this scenario is there will come a time such as this when a decision has to be made.... will man worship God or Mammon?

Here is an additional verse of Scripture to consider:

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 - NASB

8) Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9) that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10) and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11) For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12) in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

I think we have to put our relationship with Christ and our relationship with the World into perspective. Do we worship the World, follow it's influences in order to eat; maintain a job; house; car; a certain standard of life - thus worshiping Mammon.....?

Or... do we put our total Faith in God; lead a quiet life - having a relationship with Christ in such a manner we fast; pray; worship; care for others - the widows; the poor; the handicap; the simple minded - therefore storing our treasures in Heaven, and not putting our hope in anything man can do?

This follow-up passage of Scripture came to mind:

2 Thessalonians 2:13-17 - NASB

13) But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. 14) It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15) So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

16) Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17) comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

And:

1 Corinthians 7:23 - NASB

23) You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.

And:

1 Chronicles 29:15 - NASB

15) For we are sojourners before You, and tenants, as all our fathers were; our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no hope.

However, we have our Blessed Hope - who shall Appear, and we will be with Him Forever.
Mr Baldy

Re: God vs Mammon

Postby keithareilly on Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Rev 18:19-20
19“And they threw dust on their heads and were crying out, weeping and mourning, saying, ‘Woe, woe, the great city, in which all who had ships at sea became rich by her wealth, for in one hour she has been laid waste!’ 20“Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, because God has pronounced judgment for you against her.”

When the day comes. I will rejoice over the destruction of the city.

How about the Fires in California? They make me smile.
Why? Because God has pronounced judgment against those promoting wickedness.

Those who think I should pity the wicked and not rejoice when God judges them are not warriors of "The Lord of Armies".

I shall do as he commands and rejoice when he judges my enemies, even HERE IN THIS WORLD.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:08 am

keithareilly wrote:
How about the Fires in California? They make me smile.

Keith

Makes you smile because God pronounced judgement against ... the people in rural California who in general oppose the current govt of the Democrats for their years of mismanagement and life in their cities under their control. That is why we moved to rural areas, for some open space and freedom the culture in the coastal cities and areas. People who live in rural areas suffer many losses those in the coastal areas do not. And we share in the financial burden on top of personal losses due to the fires.

One thing that should make you smile, the people out here have come together in great numbers to offer support of all kinds. I personally have been out with large groups of organized livestock rescue and evacuation. We do this out of a loving kindness towards our neighbors in desperate need. If you could see and experience the fear of loss of livestock and pets from an approaching fire wall with no way to save them, then seemingly out of nowhere, out of the smoke and fire comes a caravan of trucks and horse trailers, an answer to prayers, the tears of joy and hope, that those critters that are so loved and cared for will be saved, you would consider this a different judgement than that against Babylon.

Keith, I know and understand you, mostly. I agree those who are ruining this State and running it into the ground need a judgement against them. This situation is not it however. Out here it is a movement of the Spirit, our Lord has Blessed us with the abilities to be loving and kind to our neighbors in their greatest hour of desperate need.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 am

David, as a fellow Californian I agree with much of what you have said. But God does use natural events to get the attention of men and women who do not believe in Him. Then I look at our nation and since January we have seen

Hurricanes: Hit Florida, eastern seaboard, and Gulf Coast.
Iowa: 10 million ac of crops destroyed from Hurricane-like winds.
California: Record heat and fires with nearly 2 million ac destroyed
Oregon/Washington: Major fires.

We need to turn back to the Lord as a nation. Not Antifa, Not Black Lives Matter, Not our own way.

You are correct, rural California is pretty conservative. We just can't overcome the coastal elites.

Yes folks, it really does look like the pics you see on TV, although pics don't really show it all. It is dark and smoky all over CA. Yesterday ash fell a good part of the day.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Exit40 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:51 am

Ready1 wrote:David, as a fellow Californian I agree with much of what you have said. But God does use natural events to get the attention of men and women who do not believe in Him. Then I look at our nation and since January we have seen

We need to turn back to the Lord as a nation. Not Antifa, Not Black Lives Matter, Not our own way.

You are correct, rural California is pretty conservative. We just can't overcome the coastal elites.

True, but not just our nation. This is going on all over the planet. Will this people who call themselves elite and woke up, wake up ? It is them being called, will they listen ? Some may, seems most will not. But, there is always hope, something that is quite phenomenal, a substance, it can be felt and touched. And the Lord receives whom He has called because of it. He is after all, irresistible.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Jericho on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:36 am

keithareilly wrote:How about the Fires in California? They make me smile.

The problem is these fires don't just affect the wicked, but the righteous as well. Despite the terrible policies of California, there are still many believers who live there. God never judges the wicked along with the righteous. There are many examples that show believers are not appointed to His wrath. Besides that, we are still living in an age of grace, and God is withholding His judgement until the tribulation.

So when bad things happen, a lot of times it's just the result of living in a fallen world. Now certainly bad things can happen if we bring curses upon ourselves as the result of sin (Deu 30:19). And God can also lower His hedge of protection for some express purpose. In which case it doesn't mean He caused something bad to happen, only that he allowed it to happen. But we shouldn't confuse those things with God's judgement. Judgement is coming, and when it does it will make these fires look like a walk in the park in comparison.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:38 am

Keith really?

What did Jesus say on the cross? Father forgive them, they knownot what they do.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby keithareilly on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:44 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Keith really?

What did Jesus say on the cross? Father forgive them, they knownot what they do.

Because they did not know they were killing God's son.
Nevertheless, Our Father destroyed Israel for nearly 2000 years because of what they did.

Those who run California know exactly what they are doing. And they know the consequences of there actions on the California citizens as well; they do not care one iota for the people. Better open your business if a leader wants a hair cut; but, don't you dare open your business to make money to feed your children.

There is collateral damage in wars. I do feel sorry for them, but not for the leaders. I have many family in California mountains and yes I worry about them. Right now 31 confirmed deaths in California fires. 200 people missing. Do I worry about them? Yes. There is more collateral damage resulting from the acts of California's Leaders than there are from God's fires.

I will feel sorry for the people when the city (Babylon) burns, nevertheless, I will still rejoice in God's triumph.
Collateral damage is sad. Victory over evil is wonderful. I do not have to choose one feeling over another.

Why do you think we are told by God to rejoice over the burning of the city of Babylon?
Perhaps because too many Christians are afraid God will not approve of them for being happy when the wicked have been killed. Maybe we should "wake up" and accept what scripture says and reject evil's propaganda that Christians cannot be Christians if we are happy when evil people are killed.

Ephesians 6:10-12 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

And maybe we should recognize we are soldiers for the "Lord of Armies(Hosts)" and fight our battles and wage our war.

Keith
Last edited by keithareilly on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby keithareilly on Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:45 am

Hi David and Ready1

I knew you lived in California before I wrote what I wrote.
Still figured I would get some backlash.

Read your posts and I will say you are good soldiers in the battle ground.

My post is mostly in contrary to what Mr. Baldy wrote. I do not want to see Christians doing what we have done for a generation; focusing on our lives, not God's kingdom. How did God react when the Israelites returned from Babylon and built there own houses not God's house? If we do not stand up now, then it is we who will be conquered.

Jericho, Like what you said.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Hello,

I know I have posted these verses before, but what Jeremiah has recorded in these couple of verses is what is happening in America and to some extent also in Australia, but those in leadership with the "church" have not seen the consequences of our respective countries actions in our own lifetimes.

Jeremiah 51:9-14

9 We would have healed Babylon,
But she is not healed.
Forsake her, and let us go everyone to his own country;
For her judgment reaches to heaven and is lifted up to the skies.

10 The Lord has revealed our righteousness.
Come and let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.

11 Make the arrows bright!
Gather the shields!
The Lord has raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes.
For His plan is against Babylon to destroy it,
Because it is the vengeance of the Lord,
The vengeance for His temple.
12 Set up the standard on the walls of Babylon;
Make the guard strong,
Set up the watchmen,
Prepare the ambushes.
For the Lord has both devised and done
What He spoke against the inhabitants of Babylon.
13 O you who dwell by many waters,
Abundant in treasures,
Your end has come,
The measure of your covetousness.
14 The Lord of hosts has sworn by Himself:
"Surely I will fill you with men, as with locusts,
And they shall lift up a shout against you."

What has our "governmental leaders" done with the "churches" blessings, they tried to heal Babylon and the consequences of doing that is that God is filling the respective countries/lands with men, as many as if they were like locusts, and they are presently raising a shout against us. They are doing so from within the "leadership" of the parties that initially took the countries into Babylon to heal that land, but we were not able to do so and so the consequences of God words against us is happening to us.

But the respective "churches" within our own lands do not have the eyes to see what we have willingly been a part of, nor will we repent of our actions, because we wrongly thought that we were doing the will of the Lord.

Our respective lands need to fall onto our knees and repent of our evil that we have done with the pillars that we worship.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 pm

Jay Ross wrote:What has our "governmental leaders" done with the "churches" blessings, they tried to heal Babylon and the consequences of doing that is that God is filling the respective countries/lands with men, as many as if they were like locusts, and they are presently raising a shout against us.

Because we live in a Fallen World it is my opinion there should ALWAYS be a separation of Church & State. Let the World do as the World does - and we who are Christs should never condone what is in contrast to the Will of God.

The more the Body of Christ gets involved "politically" into the affairs of this Fallen World - the more we start to rely on our own strength; subsequently get our hands dirty in the GREED; sin; self-reliance; corruption and utmost Godlessness.

Now I want to provide clarification into what I am mentioning here..... Should we vote: Absolutely; Should we protest to stand up for what is right: Absolutely; Should we be willing to give our life for our Faith & Belief in Christ, never denying Him: Absolutely! We should eschew evil and do what is good (1 Peter 3:11)

Being involved "politically" in the WRONG way - with WRONG motivations makes us no different than those who have conformed to this Fallen World. I currently see this in modern Christianity, because those to become involved in such matters worship mammon instead of God.

Scripture mentions this:

2 Timothy 4:3 - NASB

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires
Mr Baldy

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Good Day -

As many of you know, with the current pandemic (Covid-19); the effects of Global Warming; extreme fanaticism, and cultural unrest - the entire World has moved in to a paradigm shift in such a manner that many have no clue where we stand on the timeline of the Return of Christ. Many will say in their hearts that we've had these events occur before, yet where is the "promise of His Coming?" (2 Peter 3:4)

Excellent Post!

:grin:

I see these things as birth pangs myself. It all means to me we are getting closer. It so seems to me that these conditions you are mentioning will continue, and increase, and will pave the way for the beast.

I can just imagine these thoughts watching the flu shot line. I think you're right it will be a lot like that.

Except that line will have an image at the end of it, worship and be marked, or die.

Matthew 6:19-24 - NASB

19) Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21) for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22) “The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23) But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

24) “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth

Colossians 3
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:25 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Now I want to provide clarification into what I am mentioning here..... Should we vote: Absolutely; Should we protest to stand up for what is right: Absolutely; Should we be willing to give our life for our Faith & Belief in Christ, never denying Him: Absolutely! We should eschew evil and do what is good (1 Peter 3:11)

Being involved "politically" in the WRONG way - with WRONG motivations makes us no different than those who have conformed to this Fallen World. I currently see this in modern Christianity, because those to become involved in such matters worship mammon instead of God.

Scripture mentions this:

2 Timothy 4:3 - NASB

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires

I can't agree with you more than I do!

Whatever we do in this world must be an outworking of our love for God, our trust in Him, and our love for others.

Much love!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:28 pm

keithareilly wrote:How about the Fires in California? They make me smile.

Those who think I should pity the wicked and not rejoice when God judges them are not warriors of "The Lord of Armies".

I shall do as he commands and rejoice when he judges my enemies, even HERE IN THIS WORLD.

Keith

Luke 13
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Proverbs 24
17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.
19 Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked:
20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Much love, and greetings from California!

:grin:
mark s

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm

keithareilly wrote:My post is mostly in contrary to what Mr. Baldy wrote. I do not want to see Christians doing what we have done for a generation; focusing on our lives, not God's kingdom. How did God react when the Israelites returned from Babylon and built there own houses not God's house? If we do not stand up now, then it is we who will be conquered.

Hi Keith -

I believe you may have misunderstood points I have made in this thread; nevertheless, I enjoy seeing another point of view. :mrgreen:

Yes- we are in contrast..... but only in the area of believing that Christians focusing on their lives are not focusing on God's Kingdom. The Body of Christ has His Kingdom within them - so I'm not understanding why you would mention something like this. It is not our responsibility to fight this Fallen World to usher in the Kingdom of God.

Scripture mentions this:

Luke 17:20 - NASB

Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed

There was also an issue when a disciple drew his sword to defend Christ - Jesus said this:

Matthew 26:51-53 - NASB

51) And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear. 52) Then Jesus *said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. 53) Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

Very clearly the aforementioned passage of Scripture indicates God doesn't need our help ushering in His Kingdom.

The point I am making with this Thread is to illustrate the state of this Fallen World and how we must decide to choose Christ over Money.

Keith - and to those who are reading this......our walk with Christ and relationship to Him is an INDIVIDUAL walk. I cannot emphasis that enough. It's having a Personal Relationship with Him in order to have Eternal Life. This is not a Corporate Affair - Family Affair or Social Club affair when it comes down to Salvation & Eternity. We cannot die in the place of another, or give our souls to be judged for anyone other than ourselves. Each person has an INDIVIDUAL appointment with Death. Not Corporate America; Not Families; Not Glee Clubs; or Neighborhood HOA's.
Life is INDIVIDUAL - and we all will stand individually before Him in Judgment.

There is coming a time where individual decisions must be made as it relates to Eternity. We have to understand that we must "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" and to "God what is God's" (Mark 12:17) What I see going on in the World is absolutely SCARY. I see people too dependent on the Government; in so much as they expect the Government to manage each and every aspect of their lives. Then we have those to take improper advantage of Governmental programs designed to help those in need - to the point that it places such a strain on needed assistance that many who actually need the help (which should always be temporary) are not offered proper assistance. It all makes me sick.

Think about a mandated system soon to come in place in which a Global Governmental Beast System requires you to receive a "Mark" or you cannot eat. You cannot own a home, personal property; boat; car - or utilize any public service. How many people will cave in to this sort of pressure? I would venture to say you would see people do things they wouldn't otherwise do.

We need to get ourselves deeply rooted in the Word of God and truly understand Scripture and what we are called to do in this life. When we put Christ First in EVERYTHING we do...then we can stand. We gain strength to prayer, reading the Word of God; and encouraging each other to remain in the Faith - not take up swords to fight in this Fallen World's system that our God is in total control of.
Mr Baldy

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Or... do we put our total Faith in God; lead a quiet life - having a relationship with Christ in such a manner we fast; pray; worship; care for others - the widows; the poor; the handicap; the simple minded - therefore storing our treasures in Heaven, and not putting our hope in anything man can do?

Can we remain unmoved no matter what comes next?

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Though my car be worn out, God makes it run.
Though my body be diseased and old, God invigorates me.
Though I lack the needed resources, God is my supply.
Though I lack understanding, God gives wisdom.

But it's always moment by moment. Life is simply a series of moments, the now, and that quickly it's gone.

This moment, I can give my life away for nothing by trying to control my life and my world. God is in control, and I'm either floating downstream accepting my circumstances, or I'm fighting that impossible current.

In this moment, I can enjoy God, and bask in His love for me, and respond by loving Him, and, as a very small thing compared to this rapture of love in God, very small, I then go on to share His love with others, doing that one thing which I know in my heart is the good thing to do. In just this moment.

Even the most difficult circumstances in life are overshadowed by immersion into God's love. Suffering seems to accompany this. My sister wrote to me, "I never realized how much God loves me until I was dying of cancer."

Tribulation brings glory, and we've been promised tribulation in this world. So we've been promised glory. And that tribulation will be rejoicing, and expectation, as the afflictions prove to us our faith, and as we await Him in Whom we have believed.

Much love!
mark s

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:Keith - and to those who are reading this......our walk with Christ and relationship to Him is an INDIVIDUAL walk. I cannot emphasis that enough. It's having a Personal Relationship with Him in order to have Eternal Life.

So important!

To know we have eternal life, to enjoy that life now. Like there's a bubble around me, and in that bubble is Jesus, and me. And we are in communion together, and everything else is outside that bubble, including all material concerns, matters of money, health, the economy, whatever.

"Rejoice in the Lord always" isn't an empty command. It is counter-intuitive when we think about everything going on, even in the best of times.

Just the same, when by faith we have intimacy with God, joy springs up!

Much love!
mark s

Postby keithareilly on Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Matthew 19:20-22
20The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.

God VS Mammon.

Perhaps now is a good time to sell possessions so they do not hinder us from making the right choice, later.
For those of us who are poor and have nothing, the powers that be cannot threaten to take from us, for "to live is Christ, to die is gain".

The state leaders who sowed the seeds of burning down peoples livelihoods are now reaping fire in their own home states. So be it.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Ready1 wrote:David, as a fellow Californian I agree with much of what you have said. But God does use natural events to get the attention of men and women who do not believe in Him. Then I look at our nation and since January we have seen

Yes folks, it really does look like the pics you see on TV, although pics don't really show it all. It is dark and smoky all over CA. Yesterday ash fell a good part of the day.

As I have thought about these natural events, it came to me that there are none which man initiates or controls.

Hurricanes: God controls when, where, and how intense
Crops: God controls winds, pestilence, storms vs droughts (too much vs too little).
Heat wave: God controls length, intensity, damages
Fires: God controls lightning (12,000 dry lightning strikes in 24 hours), winds, storms (which could put them out), ash fallout.
Tornado's: God controls when, where, and how intense.

Somehow, the hand of the Lord is in all of these things.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby keithareilly on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi Mr. Baldy,

When Christ was tempted in the wilderness, Satan used scriptures in an effort to get Christ to serve Satan by attempting to convince Jesus to do what scripture Satan Quoted. There is a time and a place for what we each must do. And we must do them when God says to do them lest we serve another voice wanting us to serve it over God.

Scripture is important. Yet, it can be used by Satan for evil purposes. Just as it was Christs role to serve God, not Satan, we each have a role in our service to our Father. We are not lights on a hilltop covered with baskets. We need to make sure that light is burning and make certain it is not concealed by fear. Salt is a preservative.

I appreciate your pointing out what is coming and your pursuit and spreading of peace to the brethren.
Just as I will point out that Christ set us free from slavery to sin, so shall I speak truth about our rulers.
I shall state states' states just as John the Baptist enlightened the public about the ruler Herod and his wickedness.

I am an ambassador for the Kingdom of Heaven. Ambassadors are political for they represent a kingdom.

Psalm 33:12
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!

While the USA separates government and religion, that does not prevent this nation and its people to be the Lords.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:08 am

I could maybe believe the agreement or covenant Israel just entered into, at the "leadership" of the leadership of the USA, to divide Israel, which is biblically reprimanded and promises punishments, but how is it that we can say those western states are any worse than say NYC or New Orleans, etc? I do not celebrate these wildfires and the losses associated therewith, as the Lord's definite judgment upon them. I just don't. I understand some do, and yet, I really don't. I am praying for those in the path of destruction going out right now, just as I often pray for other forms of natural catastrophe that do occur in this, a fallen world.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi Keith -

I've read the entirety of your comments.

We're definitely not going to agree on how Christians are to play a so-called "role" if any as it relates to Politics. I will say that I do have some concerns about what you have posted; however, I wholeheartedly respect your opinion.

Here are some of my concerns:

keithareilly wrote:When Christ was tempted in the wilderness, Satan used scriptures in an effort to get Christ to serve Satan by attempting to convince Jesus to do what scripture Satan Quoted. There is a time and a place for what we each must do. And we must do them when God says to do them lest we serve another voice wanting us to serve it over God.

After I read your aforementioned comments - I wondered how man actually views Satan. I think this passage of Scripture you mention shows ultimately how very deceived Satan is - however, being a spirit being he's no idiot. Did Satan, while viewing Christ in the Flesh actually think he could tempt Him by quoting Scripture - and subsequently "twist" the purpose and meaning of why this particular passage of Scripture had been previously recorded? Or did Satan, who is a highly intelligent being see Christ in His humanity - also knowing that He is God attempt to show Christ that he is the king of this Fallen World?

You see I don't think Satan tried to "convince" Christ of Anything - as he knew he couldn't. Therefore things like this need to be put into perspective.

Now as far as you mentioning: "There is a time and a place for what we each must do. And we must do them when God says to do them lest we serve another voice wanting us to serve it over God."

I believe your aforementioned comment needs to be clarified here as well. Yes, there is a time and place when we must do things - but you can rest assured that if God is telling us to do ANYTHING there will be confirmation by the Holy Spirit. Too many times I've heard well meaning Christians say.... "Well God told me to do this or that." OR "I heard the Lord say this or that." We as the Body of Christ need to be careful with that..... as it is a form of deception, sophistry, and a true form of sensationalism.

Here is a passage of Scripture regarding this very point:

Mark 13:11 - NASB

When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.

When we allow the Holy Spirit to control our lives - then it is God Himself doing what must be done through us. Sometimes I think man gives himself way too much credit, and thinks too highly of himself. This same intelligence, or special gift that any man possesses actually comes from God. So where is the boasting of anything, or thinking that we have some sort of "special political duty" without the power of Christ?

keithareilly wrote:Scripture is important. Yet, it can be used by Satan for evil purposes.

It may be used for evil purposes or intent - but it cannot manifest itself without the permission of God.

keithareilly wrote:We need to make sure that light is burning and make certain it is not concealed by fear.

Again - this is an "INDIVIDUAL" and personal walk with Christ at it relates to Salvation and inheriting Eternal Life. This is Not some sort of corporate decision that we all have to collectively come together on to usher in God's Kingdom. His Kingdom is within us.

keithareilly wrote:I am an ambassador for the Kingdom of Heaven. Ambassadors are political for they represent a kingdom.

I am an ambassador for Christ and Him alone. His Kingdom is within me. I have no earthly political affiliation - as we truly live in a Fallen World currently being ruled by the prince of his kingdom as he is permissively allowed to do so until the True King; One and Only God Jesus Christ Returns.
Mr Baldy

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:05 pm

GodsStudent wrote: I do not celebrate these wildfires and the losses associated therewith, as the Lord's definite judgment upon them. I just don't. I understand some do, and yet, I really don't. I am praying for those in the path of destruction going out right now, just as I often pray for other forms of natural catastrophe that do occur in this, a fallen world.

Hi Lisa -

I happen to agree with you here.....

Even as I believe, and know with all my heart that God is in total control of EVERYTHING. It doesn't mean He is responsible for each and everything that occurs. And just because He allows certain things to happen,
doesn't mean He isn't in control.

I believe Scripture gives very clear examples of God's "Permissive Will" and His "Perfect Will."
Mr Baldy

Postby keithareilly on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Glad to hear from you Mr. Baldy!

Kind of miss engaging with you.

Don't really disagree with most of what you said.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby keithareilly on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi David,

Went back and read you post again about the people in the mountains verses those in the cities.

Perhaps God will send an earthquake for the cities and put out the fires of the Mountains.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am

keithareilly wrote:Hi David,

Went back and read you post again about the people in the mountains verses those in the cities.

Perhaps God will send an earthquake for the cities and put out the fires of the Mountains.

Keith

Maybe, maybe not. Who is to say what He does and does not. Some of these fires were started by man, most of them became conflagrations because of poor forest management policy. We used to have controlled burns aplenty, and fire roads on all the ridge lines for fire breaks and access by firefighters. We used to log creating meadows for wildlife. Square miles of brush contain barely any life, nothing can live there, but it can at the edges where the meadows are. I consider these conflagrations to be man made, our policies to make a pristine wildlife utopia have back fired so to speak. What I expect to happen now is, a good rain year in which floods and landslides are abundant, continuing the acts of destruction we have perpetuated on ourselves by allowing this.

Just a note for you Keith, my local fire was in a National Forest, fighting it was payed for by the federal govt, to which you no doubt pay taxes. Smiling now ?

Look, we are all in this together. Pray we can abide the destruction, and live in peace.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby keithareilly on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi David

After reading what you wrote, I started praying for the fires to be put out and for the people in the mountains who are at risk to be safe. It is my hope and prayer request he will bring the rains of the hurricanes where I live to put out the fires where you live.

It is not destruction that makes me smile.
It is when I see the Lord conquering evil that makes me smile.

Have you ever considered the Marxists protests in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon just happen to be occurring in the only cities of those states which have sea ports where Communist China send its container cargo ships?

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 am

keithareilly wrote:Hi David

It is not destruction that makes me smile.
It is when I see the Lord conquering evil that makes me smile.

Keith

Hi Keith. The Lord brings rain on the just and unjust. As I said, we are all in this together. We are to pray for our enemies too. Difficult, isn't it ?

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm

We are to pray for our enemies too. Difficult, isn't it ?

At times I'm finding it extremely difficult...
I have asthma and every time I wear a mask I end up having a bad time after of feeling like I'm suffocating and have been having to use my inhaler almost every day and then to have people make snide comments when I'm having a bad day or if they see you coughing and struggling to breath... Its at times almost too much... Never in my life seen so many Nazi brown coats and never dreamed there would be so many in America even though the Dr.s and Governor has stated that there are some who can't wear or don't have too....
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby keithareilly on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:00 pm

David,

No, Praying for my enemies has not been hard.
Reconciliation requires forgiveness from one party and repentance from the other party.
I forgive my enemies. They do not repent. Consequently, reconciliation does not exist.

Shall I be unhappy about God being a just God? I think rejoicing in a just God is a good thing.
Shall He refrain from justice? Shall He inspire vengeance from those who deserve justice by refusing to be just against their enemies?

Look at the forces today. Has not evil in this country reached the point where it now acts in the open?
Has it occurred to you that evil acting in the open and no longer behind the scenes demonstrates evil now has sufficiently advanced its agenda over people that it must no longer conceal itself?

Shall we ask God to let evil have more time?
Does not asking God to be more patient with them result in Him granting them time to complete their evil agenda?
We have reached the point where it is time for repentance or to suffer the consequences of not repenting.
No more time.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 am

Loop wrote:
We are to pray for our enemies too. Difficult, isn't it ?

At times I'm finding it extremely difficult...
I have asthma and every time I wear a mask I end up having a bad time after of feeling like I'm suffocating and have been having to use my inhaler almost every day and then to have people make snide comments when I'm having a bad day or if they see you coughing and struggling to breath... Its at times almost too much... Never in my life seen so many Nazi brown coats and never dreamed there would be so many in America even though the Dr.s and Governor has stated that there are some who can't wear or don't have too....

Hi Loop: I think it's a personal decision to wear a mask. I am having mask fatigue at this point, and have to keep going back to the car to get mine. I have been feeling convicted that I got myself too worked up over this virus and should have known better than to do that. There were just so many people (my doctors, in particular) who were telling me I must stay home, I must not get this, it will kill me given my medical situation....and while I refused to think I was being fearful, in all honesty, I think I kinda was. I saw someone post
Joshua 1:9 [9] Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
and I've seen other posts with verses, and every time, I cringed that I was not having faith, living by faith.
For me, now, I know that this was the one thing that really ramped up the end time events, as it is, imo, a plandemic, and as such, will bring about swift changes for the days ahead, and if I don't stop being wishy washy about trusting in the Lord, it will be me who suffers the consequences of that...so, frankly, the mask is only on my face anymore because it's mandated. I will be careful and wear gloves when I pump gas, and keep my hands clean, but my initial reaction was, imo, overboard, and I regret it.

There is so much more I'd like to say, but let me just say this:
:blessyou: :hugs:

edited because I wanted to elaborate on my thoughts a little more. I know you and I are both susceptible to fearing Covid, since we both have health issues that would make it much more dangerous, but I have come to my place with it...To live is Christ, to die is gain, and honestly, God's Will be done, amen.
Last edited by GodsStudent on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Exit40 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:05 am

Hi Keith. I didn't say anything about reconciliation. I don't even know if that is possible right now. I think it is a good thing evil is out in the open, good people can than see it for what it is. And do something about it. But, we are not even close to that yet. We have a long hard road ahead, it is not all out in the open yet. I have felt for years we are being sifted, by the Lord. His purpose is beyond me, other than the fulfillment of Scriptures. Love growing cold surely is one Prophecy being fulfilled right now, and it is a difficult one to see happen. How does a just God deal with this ? I don't know. Yes, I believe it is a good thing to rejoice in our God being just. Causes me to be a bit fearful at times. Because to whom much is given, much is asked.

God Bless You

David

Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby keithareilly on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:48 pm

David,

Love does grow cold in many.
Both justice and mercy are acts of love.

Justice is an act of love.
Ensuring you pay your empoyee's wages is an act of love.
Holding murderers accountable is loving the people.
Not moving the boundaries of your property to steal land from your neighbor is loving your neighbor.

Christ paid the price for our sins, a loving act of justice (and mercy).

No Justice? No Love.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 pm

edited because I wanted to elaborate on my thoughts a little more. I know you and I are both susceptible to fearing Covid, since we both have health issues that would make it much more dangerous, but I have come to my place with it...To live is Christ, to die is gain, and honestly, God's Will be done, amen.

Definitely... And when it gets hard to breath even without the threat of covid its scary for me as even just a cold goes straight to my lungs... :hugs: Prayers for your health and lots of :hugs2:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Return to General Bible Study & Debate