The Gospel

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

The Gospel

Postby mark s on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Romans 10:8-13 (NASB)

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 2:47b (NASB)

And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

What else is there to it?

Well, there is the aftermath:

John 1:11-13 (NASB)

11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

There's the process:

Colossians 2:13-14

13 When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

And the deeper meaning:

2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

God made Jesus to be my sin - my filthy disgusting depravity - and nailed Him to the cross, wiping my debt clean. Jesus died, and I died at the same time. I'm a dead man. And yet I live! And yet, not I, but Christ lives in me. And the life I live, I live by the faith that is from/is possessed by Jesus. (Gal 2:20)

And the result:

Romans 8:31-39 (NASB)

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Just as it is written,

“For Your sake we are being put to death all day long;
We were considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you a created thing?

You can't even take yourself away!

Much love!
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: The Gospel

Postby Keeping Alert on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 pm

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you a created thing?

You can't even take yourself away!

Yes, I think Paul put in that last phrase "nor any other created thing" to make it clear that this list is complete. There is no loophole. There is no "but then again..." There is nothing others nor ourselves can do to undo the work of the gospel once received. Hallelujah!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Return to General Bible Study & Debate