The Grace in which We Stand

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

The Grace in which We Stand

Postby mark s on Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 5:1-5 (NASB)

To Stand. What does that mean?

In Ephesians 6, it means to not succumb to the tricks of the devil.

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Ephesians 6:13 (NASB)

Resist in the evil day, standing firm.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy,

Jude 24 (NASB)

"Is Able", this is a Present Tense verb.

"To Keep you", this is an Aorist Tense verb.

"To Stand you", this is also an Aorist Tense verb.

He is able now to keep you . . . from falling, or stumbling, depending on the translation.

He is able now to stand you . . . in the presence of His glory with great exultation (lit translation).

When is "falling", or "stumbling" an issue? Is it before our resurrection? Or after? I think we must be able to agree not after. Before our resurrection.

But the exact same statement about His keeping us from falling is made about standing us in the presence of His glory (not His presence, mind you, the presence of His glory). So when does that happen, before our resurrection? After?

If the keeping from falling is for now, and we use a consistent hermenuetic, then the standing in the presence of His glory, blameless, exultant, is also for now.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 5:1-5 (NASB)

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NASB)

(not like a skipping stone, from glory to glory to glory to glory, but like a Christmas present tag; From:Glory To:Glory

Us, being transformed into His image, as we see Him in us.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jude 24-25 (NASB)

Much love!
Mark

PS . . . the song I'm listening to seems rather apropos . . .

"Joy overcomes the sorrow, hope illuminates tomorrow, Breath of Life we're alive in You!"
-Urban Rescue "Recreate"
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: The Grace in which We Stand

Postby mark s on Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Walking back from the shop to my desk, one of the pressmen has his radio blasting, "Savior, He can move the mountains, our God is mighty to save!"

I love it!

I love that it's so true!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to General Bible Study & Debate