Are you a created thing?

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Are you a created thing?

Postby mark s on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Romans 8:31-39 (NKJV)

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you a created thing?
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: Are you a created thing?

Postby david on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Is this a trick question? I think I'm a created thing, created by Eloheem made like them in their image. Like Adam the very essence of what I was made to be was perfect. Someday I'll be a perfect creature. I'm a created thing, made wonderful, a temple crafted for the Holy one to dwell in so we can be One. I'm trying to picture what being more than a conqueror would be like, it sounds like something super awesome. So no, no other thing creature or man can keep me from the love of God.
david

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 am

the short answer is ....yes.

Colossians 1:16
16 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

I believe that this idea that no "thing" can separate us from the Love of God is predicated on our being transferred from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of Christ, through the redemption we have in Him.

However it does appear that sin separates us from God, so is "sin" a created thing?

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 am

Hi RT,

Indeed, sin separates people from God, however, nothing can separate us, now.

Not even me! I'm a created thing. Not even I can separate me from God's love given in Christ Jesus.

Much love!

Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to General Bible Study & Debate