yet not I, but Christ . . .

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Re: yet not I, but Christ . . .

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

shorttribber wrote:<snip>

To Act "like" or to act "as"? I think therein may be the key.

Faith IS words CONFIRMED by ACTION. Christ our Lord is the WORD OF GOD CONFIRMED by ACTION.
The TESTIMONY of Jesus (the New Covenant) is God's WORD CONFIRMED by His ACTION. We (Jew and Gentile) alike are beneficiaries of Christ's three and a half years of PERSONAL ACTION on earth, a CONFIRMATION He AUTHORED and a CONFIRMATION He will FINISH through US during OUR three and a half years of ACTION. ACTION that will GLORIFY the AUTHOR because we will overcome by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB and by the WORD of OUR (HIS and OUR) TESTIMONY.
HE will FINISH the CONFIRMATION of THE COVENANT by the ACTION of HIS BODY and we WILL possess the KINGDOM.

mark s wrote:Hi Jay,

While I appreciate your participation in this thread, let's stay with the topic of the New Life, and not delve into the covenants on this one.

Much love,
Mark

Mark, The subject of "covenant" was introduced by ST. I started my post above to clarify my position in that what we are talking about is God's covenant of salvation which has been there since the beginning of time and that the process of redemption has changed twice since the beginning of time and Christ has become the new mediator of the Salvation Covenant.

I then went on to provide a quote from Ephesians 4:20-24 in keeping with the general discussion of this thread. with the appropriate English words referenced back to the Greek Words that they were translated from.

Now in the renewing of our minds, our new mediator of the Salvation Covenant, Christ, will help us to achieve the necessary changes to the way we think so that when we have refurbished our mind we have taken on the refurbished body that God intended for us from the beginning of time.

On face book there was a series of slides on the topic of developing our relationship with God/Jesus. In the first slide it shows a woman having a dream in which Jesus said that he would visit her tomorrow. In the morning when she got up she prepared a lavish meal for Jesus to eat when he came. Just as she finished her preparation for the meal a beggar knocked on the door asking for a morsel to eat and she chased him away because she did wanted Jesus to find him there in her house. She wait for Jesus to come but an hour or two later a boy came to her door seeking refuge but again she chased the boy away and shut the door once again to wait for Jesus to come to her house. A couple of hours later a woman with a small child in her arms came and knocked on her door asking if she could stay there with her for a time, but again the woman chased her away and slammed the door closed.

When her door received no more knocks on it during the rest of the day the woman went to bed disappointed and fell asleep only to have Jesus visit her in a dream once again. She aske Him why he had not visited her house yesterday as he said he would, to which he replied, "But I did, I was the beggar, the boy and the baby with his mother and each time you rejected me at which time she broke down and cried.

Isaiah 58 is one of my favourite passage about how we should fast. It has this advice: -

Isaiah 58:3-14: -"In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure,
And exploit all your laborers.
4 Indeed you fast for strife and debate,
And to strike with the fist of wickedness.
You will not fast as you do this day,
To make your voice heard on high.
5 Is it a fast that I have chosen,
A day for a man to afflict his soul?
Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush,
And to spread out sackcloth and ashes?
Would you call this a fast,
And an acceptable day to the Lord?

6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'

"If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
12 Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

13 "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken."

I know that this passage is directed at Israel but it has application for us "Christian" today. It is the basis of the Parable Jesus told in Matthew 25 about the separation of the nations, of the sheep from the Goats.

I am sure that there are many "Christians who know what God's fast is all about but in which flock will we find ourselves in the flock of Sheep or in the flock of Goats?

We can spend many an hour pondering how to get right with God, but the easiest way I know is to start walking with Him on our life's journey doing the thing that are pleasing in His sight.
Jay Ross

Postby mark s on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 am

Jay Ross wrote:
shorttribber wrote:<snip>

To Act "like" or to act "as"? I think therein may be the key.

Faith IS words CONFIRMED by ACTION. Christ our Lord is the WORD OF GOD CONFIRMED by ACTION.
The TESTIMONY of Jesus (the New Covenant) is God's WORD CONFIRMED by His ACTION. We (Jew and Gentile) alike are beneficiaries of Christ's three and a half years of PERSONAL ACTION on earth, a CONFIRMATION He AUTHORED and a CONFIRMATION He will FINISH through US during OUR three and a half years of ACTION. ACTION that will GLORIFY the AUTHOR because we will overcome by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB and by the WORD of OUR (HIS and OUR) TESTIMONY.
HE will FINISH the CONFIRMATION of THE COVENANT by the ACTION of HIS BODY and we WILL possess the KINGDOM.

mark s wrote:Hi Jay,

While I appreciate your participation in this thread, let's stay with the topic of the New Life, and not delve into the covenants on this one.

Much love,
Mark

Mark, The subject of "covenant" was introduced by ST.

Hi Jay,

As you've seen Shorttibber's post, then did you see mine immediately below? If so, then that would be twice I've requested to not, as I said, delve into the covenants. And a justification of why we can actually do just that was not what I was hoping to see as a response.

I'll simply request, let's keep to topic.

Personally, I think this says it well:

We can spend many an hour pondering how to get right with God, but the easiest way I know is to start walking with Him on our life's journey doing the thing that are pleasing in His sight.

I will respond to this part in a different post, as I do not wish to dilute the emphasis of this one.

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby mark s on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:26 pm

btw any and all,

Been w/the flu this week, I'm hoping to add more next week.

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 pm

mark s wrote:btw any and all,

Much love,
Mark

:praying:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 pm

mark s wrote:btw any and all,

Much love,
Mark

:praying: :hugs: feel better.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to General Bible Study & Debate