Becoming a believer

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Re: Becoming a believer

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am

Simplest answer to your question:

Call on Jesus to be your Lord and He will respond.

:a3:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri May 26, 2017 12:17 pm

SS

Did John the Baptist complicate the gospel when he said "bear fruits worthy of repentance"?

Did Jesus complicate the gospel when He said, that he would say, "away from me you who practice lawlessness I never knew you"

So what does it mean to practice lawlessness?
extravagantchristian

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

I believe the common problem in many churches is that people say they believe IN Jesus, but they don't actually believe ABOUT Jesus.
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby mark s on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:20 pm

extravagantchristian wrote:SS

Did John the Baptist complicate the gospel when he said "bear fruits worthy of repentance"?

Did Jesus complicate the gospel when He said, that he would say, "away from me you who practice lawlessness I never knew you"

So what does it mean to practice lawlessness?

Hi EC,

This was given as Jesus' reply to those who were saying that they had all these great works. Jesus answered that they were actually working lawlessness, not good works, that they never actually knew Jesus. Eternal life is defined in John 17, knowing God, and knowing Jesus.

Therefore, the practice of lawlessness is to do your own thing, regardless of what God wants for you.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Previous

Return to General Bible Study & Debate