The WORD is ALIVE

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

The WORD is ALIVE

Postby keithareilly on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:16 am

John 4:14 ESV
But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Hebrews 4:12-13 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

During studies on this board, I have experienced people who treat the word as a puzzle to be assembled. They seem to believe that everything must fit together like a jigsaw puzzle on a table. When they come across the word (verses) that do not fit into their puzzle, they reject the word or decide it must mean something other than what it says. If a verse contradicts another verse, they have to decide which verse to believe instead of accepting each verse in totality. Without ever realizing it, they shape the word to their own liking, instead of letting the word shape them to its liking.

The word is that which gives life. It infiltrates every aspect of our being; it quickens our bodies. The word is not a puzzle though it is puzzling. Instead the word lives and reproduces and grows. The word lives within each of us and within each of us has a different shape. The word has a different shape when we are assembled together. The word is spread throughout the earth residing in many people through out the world. It resides in individuals, families, communities, nations,continents, the entire planet.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Return to General Bible Study & Debate