Biblical Headship in Marriage and the Family

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Biblical Headship in Marriage and the Family

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Mark S made the following comments in the thread titled “Biblical Headship vs male domination, ”

Even at a natural level, one functions in the role of a mother, while another functions in the role of a father. While sharing some commonality, these two roles are very different from each other, both being vitally important to the proper upbringing of children, generally speaking. The roles of mother and father complement each other in the raising of children, and we see very well what happens when one or the other is missing from the family.

And we can't really say, in my opinion, that one can equally take on the others role. The mother cannot be a father, due to the both physical and psychological differences between men and women. The family missing a father is just that, and the mother cannot become father. Only a father can fulfill the role of father.”

I believe a commentary titled, The Bible’s Teaching on Marriage and Family fully affirms Mark’s comments here:

http://www.frc.org/brochure/the-bibles- ... and-family

It addresses God’s pattern for marriage and the family as instituted by Him from the beginning. Also how man’s departure from this biblical model is bringing about the breakdown of the family with several negative consequences ……….." gender role confusion" being one of them.

Blessings,

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Re: Biblical Headship in Marriage and the Family

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Sonbeam, headship, marriage, and husband/wife roles are already being discussed here and here.

I will close this one but you can feel free to copy this post and link and add it to either one of the other threads.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to General Bible Study & Debate