Evil, Deception, and Wisdom

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Evil, Deception, and Wisdom

Postby keithareilly on Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Matthew 10:16
“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.

I have observed a strategy of evil.
The strategy is to appeal to the good in people then deceive them, through the good within them, to support an evil agenda. It is amazingly shrewd!

Do you support mercy? Yes, I do. Then why do support capital punishment? Should not a person who supports mercy be merciful? How can you expect God to be merciful upon you if you will not be merciful on others? Be merciful as God has been merciful to you and do not support capital punishment. Do you not know the parable of the servant whose debt was forgiven by his master, but, the servant, being wicked, did not forgive the debt of the man who owed him money? What did the master do to the servant who would not forgive debt after the master had forgiven his debt? If you want mercy, then you must be merciful, less God will not be merciful to you.

Do you believe in Freedom? Yes, I do. Are not all men free to do all things? Why do you not support freedom for women and abortion? Why do you wish to oppress women? Is she not free as men are? Does she not have the right to choose as men have? Are women not also free? Are we not all equal under God? When the man asked Jesus to tell his brother to share his inheritance with him, did Jesus not respond "Who appointed me judge over you?" Then why do you judge? Do not judge. Support Freedom. Support Abortion for it is a woman's right to choose, it is her body, not yours.

In the first paragraph the argument is in support of mercy. In the second paragraph the argument is in support of freedom. Evil argues well. Evil is so shrewd it can deceive us through the good within us. What is the result of evil's arguments? Kill the innocent, preserve the wicked. This is exactly what happened at the crucifixion. Barabbas was set free, Jesus was killed. Do we want to live in a society where the innocent are killed and the wicked preserved? Yet, that is the result of evil deceiving us by appealing to the good within us to support an evil agenda.

Keith
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Return to General Bible Study & Debate