Knowing God

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Knowing God

Postby mark s on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Jeremiah 22:16 KJV

"He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was not this to know me? saith the Lord."

King Josiah wanted to know God, so he did the things God wanted him to do.

Even Jesus, to know us, came to live our life, suffering such things as we suffer:

Hebrews 4:14-15

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

Hebrews 5:7-9

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

So we, to know God, live His life:

2 Corinthians 3:18

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Seeing God's glory reflected in ourselves transforms us. The grammar is like a gift tag; 'From Glory; To Glory'.

Much love!

Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: Knowing God

Postby keithareilly on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm

John 17:3
This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Return to General Bible Study & Debate