Tell Us Who You Have Witnessed To

Tell Us Who You Have Witnessed To

Postby mark s on Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:22 pm

Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him proclaiming good news, making peace heard, bearing tidings of good, making heard salvation, saying to Zion, Your God reigns."

Share with us your testimonies of spreading the Gospel, so we can rejoice with you, and pray!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Witnessing at the San Francisco Rob Bell tour

Postby PerishNot on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 pm

Just wanted to let everyone of an outreach 7 of us did in San Francisco, California. We started out the day with a time of prayer. Then we started preaching at Market & Powell at around 2:00pm and had 2 large signs with verses on them. One of the signs had the question "Ask me why you deserve to go to Hell?" This sign drew lots of one-on-one conversations. It is amazing, people were not offended as much as they were curious. The person holding the sign had non stop conversations with the lost all day long. Praise the Lord!

There are 4 of us that do open air preaching. Basically we stand on a box and proclaim the Gospel message in an open forum. We were in an area that had around 100 people standing in line to get on the trolly cars and many people walking by. One conversation I had after I finished peaching was with a man that said he was very grieved. I asked him why and he said the he counted 5 homeless people walk by and nobody fed them. I asked him if he was so grieved, why didn't he feed them himself. He said that he was a Christian and that feeding the hungry is part of the Gospel. I pulled out my sword (Bible) and showed him 1Cor 15:1-6 "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep." He told me that was not all the Gospel but had no verses to back up what he thought. I told him that feeding the hungry is a good thing to do and I definitely am not against that, however right now we are here to preach the Gospel that some might pass from darkness to light! I actually saw him going into the Rob Bell event later that day as I was preaching outside RB event. We had another conversation with a group that was going to the Rob Bell event and we were able to dig into the scripures and test what RB says against scripture. It was a great conversation. We saw them later that evening at the RB event also.

I was speaking with another man that said he was a Christain (with dirty mouth) but did not believe the Bible could be trusted, when a different man approached me. He had given his life to the Lord a couple of months ago and was encouraged to see us out there. He said that when he gave his life to the Lord, he was freed completely from the bondage of sexual immorality and drugs. This man was filled with the light of Christ. It was awesome. I gave him the book from Mark Cahill "One Heartbeat Away" (See here http://perishnot.com/node/31) He e-mailed me later that week and said he was so fired up that he wanted to hook up with us again. He said he read the book and wanted to share it with his bible study group. He ended up going with our group on a outreach last Saturday. GOD IS SO FAITHFULL!

Around 5:30 pm we got to the Rob Bell event and preached to the people standing in line to go in (maybe 1000 people?) and handed out tracts and a video my brothers did exopsing the error's in RB's video "BullHorn Guy" called Bullwhip Guy (see it here http://perishnot.com/node/37). Outside the event, the crowd was very indefferent & unapproachable and some hostility. As I was preaching, I asked the question, "How many of you have your Bible with you tonight?" Mostly stunned looks. I then asked "How many of you have Rob Bell's latest book with you?" Most of eyes in crowd looked down in shame. (I had noticed most people had it with them). We did critisize Rob in any way, we did compare what he says along with what the scriptures say, and then just kept preaching the simple gospel message and apoligetics on why we can trust the Bible. I did see some conviction in faces. It really was a blessing to be there.

I am being really long winded, but I would like to encourage everyone to get out on the streets and share Christ with this dying world. Our time is running out!

Oh yea.. Just one more thing... A group of 6 of us went to the Ozzy Osborrne concert last friday to Preach to the crowds and hand out tracts to those waiting in line. It was extremely dark, hostile and demonic influence. And to our surprise, about half of the people claimed to be Christians. While we were preaching, a boy came up to my friend and said he was in line to get a ticket to the concert but as he listened to the preaching, he was so convicted at the message, he got out of line and said he was going home. He just want to thank us for being there and then took off. I went after him with another brother to talk to him and giver him the book "One Heartbeat Away" (see here http://perishnot.com/node/31) and he was shaking & clearly tormented. We could see he was experiencing serious spiritual warfare. He said he just needed to get home and would not take the book. Please pray for him. The Lord knows his name. Another guy who was mocking & cursing at the preaching, came and started talking to my brother who said to him "this is the truth and you know you!" and the guy started crying!!!! He said "I've never met anybody like you guys". My brother left him his phone number, but he was crying so bad that he left also. So please pray for him. O.K. I know I am rambling but just one more thing.

After the Ozzy concert we went to Modesto to do some witnessing and 2 men who were on the way to the nightclubs, walked up to me and said they were offended at the sign I was holding. It said "God Is Angry With The Wicked Every Day" Psalms 7:11. I opened up my bible and showed them the verse in the bible and he looked at me and said " I am so convicted of my sin.. I'm just so convicted!" We got to talk with them for at least an hour. They said that they wanted to go home and get right with the LORD! Praise God!

If you would like to learn how to share your faith and get over the fear you may have I would recommend this book "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven" Here http://perishnot.com/node/31 (This book is for FREE, my gift to you-1 per person)

HE is so faithfull!

Perishnot
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2Pe 3:9
PerishNot

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:48 pm

And to our surprise, about half of the people claimed to be Christians. While we were preaching, a boy came up to my friend and said he was in line to get a ticket to the concert but as he listened to the preaching, he was so convicted at the message, he got out of line and said he was going home.

Praise the Lord!

Perishnot, thank you so much for this post and for sharing the reactions of those passing by. Outside an Ozzy Osborne concert seems like a great place to witness; who decides on the locations for your street witnessing?

You might laugh at my idea, but I always wondered what the reaction to a sign that said "Need Prayer for Anything?" or something similar would be. When I've told unbelievers that I would pray for them, the response was always positive. I don't always get to witness further than just that in the shop I work in, but it has always been received with gratitude. It might be a good conversation starter.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the results of your street witnessing. I will definitely pray for those you mentioned.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby tdye84 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 am

Perishnot.... wow! Thank you for sharing that! :a3:
tdye84

Postby PerishNot on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:47 pm

Abiding said
who decides on the locations for your street witnessing?

We are just led of the LORD. We are continually praying for direction. We are in our area every Sat night at the town square, Other than that we just wait on the LORD.

Abiding Said:
You might laugh at my idea, but I always wondered what the reaction to a sign that said "Need Prayer for Anything?"

If you would like a sign made up, I can ask my friend if he would make it for you. He has a ministry that makes banners for brother & sisters that want to minister that way. The only thing he requires is a promise from you that you would use it and let let it sit in the garage.

Tdye84 & Abiding, Praise HIM. Let us live for the KING OF KINGS and no one else! :armor:

If you would pray for us, we are going out to a shopping mall in the bay area for Black Friday. We would love your prayer. We have a special tract for Shoppers called "Last Day Sale"

Perishnot
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2Pe 3:9
PerishNot

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:52 pm

PerishNot wrote:If you would pray for us, we are going out to a shopping mall in the bay area for Black Friday. We would love your prayer. We have a special tract for Shoppers called "Last Day Sale"

Perishnot

I'll pray if you'll report back :mrgreen:

Of course, I'll pray for you all. Great tract name for that day, Perishnot!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby RomaLynnStar on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Praying for you, and thanks a lot for that update.

Praying for all those who were touched by you and the words you preached that day. That they be completely delivered from the bondage of sin. That the Lord would bring true believers into their lives to disciple them.
RomaLynnStar

Postby Lookfortruth on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Joining in prayer :praying:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby PerishNot on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:43 pm

I had a friend put together a video of our ministry we do in our downtown night club area. http://perishnot.com/node/41

We are putting together a video of the San Francisco (Rob Bell) trip I told you about in this thread. I will post that video shortly.

Blessings,

Perishnot
PerishNot

Postby jgilberAZ on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 am

I'm tired of all the endless debates. I know what I believe concerning end-times events, and trust the Holy Spirit to correct me if I'm wrong. I am going to try to not engage in any more debates on this board.

But, my time on this board has reinforced something ... time is short, and we are ALL called to be His witness. And, I am firmly convinced that we cannot rely on relationship evangelism. It might work to reach a very small number of people, but in most cases it won't. When you wait until you build a relationship before sharing the Gospel, it becomes more and more difficult to broach the subject since you are now risking alienating a friend.

That said ... I finally obeyed the Holy Spirit and did "cold call" evangelism, or "street witnessing," whatever you want to call it. I have posted the details of those events on a different website. I have linked them below only to encourage YOU (yes, YOU) to make it a point to set apart time for seeking the lost for Christ.

Adventure #1

Adventure #2

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby smackbucket on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 pm

OK, so this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it was neat. Two weeks ago a woman called us and asked if we would adopt her 3.5 year old grandson. Today we took little Jake into our home. Tomorrow we visit the adoption lawyer. My head is still spinning!

Anyway, as we played in his room tonight I asked him if anyone had ever told him about God. His reply struck me considering it was coming from a 3 year old. He replied, "Who's God?"

I said, "You know how we made that castle out of blocks together? Well, God is the one that made the trees, the cats and the sky. He's big." He seemed OK with that, and then we took a bath. :grin:
smackbucket

Postby PerishNot on Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey everyone, I just had to post this video. We have a ministry in Modesto Ca in the Downtown area. We were there last Saturday and a friend of mine was able to video a conversation I had with a young man. This conversation came after I was open air preaching and this boy's friends were mocking the preaching and saying that no one was listening. I challanged them to come talk with me and this is what happened.

You can view the video here: http://perishnot.com/node/48
Praise the LORD!

Perishnot
PerishNot

Postby jgilberAZ on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Awesome video, PerishNot.

May the Lord bless you for your faithfulness to be His witness in a depraved world.
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby PerishNot on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey everyone, I told you about a San Francisco trip we did a while back when we preached outside a Rob Bell event. We finally have the video put together. so, here it is: http://perishnot.com/node/10 . The video is of us at Market & Powell streets where the cable car turns around. As you can see, it is a GREAT fishing hole! The LORD gave us favor with the police. It was an awesome time. (We did not get much footage outside the Bell event because the battary on the camara went out on us)

Enjoy the video!

Perishnot
PerishNot

Postby PerishNot on Sat May 03, 2008 9:08 am

Hey everyone, here is another video of the ministry we have in Modesto on Saturday night. This night we had some preachers from Fremont & Sacramento join us. You can view the video here: http://perishnot.com/node/55

Please, if you are not fulfilling the great commission, step out in faith and obey Jesus as HE guides you to be a light in this dark world. Worthy is the LAMB that was slain!

Perishnot
PerishNot

Postby jgilberAZ on Sat May 03, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks for the encouragement, PerishNot.

I have been going to the park during my lunch break once a week to witness to those who are hanging out (fishing mostly). So, I'm fishing for men among the fishermen.

I'm just about out of the 200 tracts I got, so will be ordering more soon.

Also, I've been praying for the opportunity to witness to my co-workers. Yesterday, I got that chance with one of them. I laid out the law and then presented the gospel. I pray the Holy Spirit will continue to work in his mind, and that he won't find rest until he comes to the Savior.

The Harvest Is Plentiful, the Laborers Few

Matthew 9

35 And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

We are all called to go and spread the gospel.
jgilberAZ

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat May 03, 2008 11:56 am

therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”

I do share the gospel whenever the opportunity arises, but I mostly pray for those who do go out as you do, Jeff. I also pray for the people who pass me by driving in their vehicles. Or when I see someone crossing the street, I send up a prayer that the Lord will send someone to plant a seed.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby PerishNot on Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 pm

jgilberAZ, Great job Brother. The LORD will honor those who walk out into the battle for souls by faith. HE is so worthy to serve.

Abiding, The LORD will honor the prayers of the righteous according to HIS perfect will.

All Praise & Honor belong to our KING, Jesus Christ!

Perishnot

:armor:
PerishNot

Re: Tell Us Who You Have Witnessed To

Postby Waiting4Jesus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I know these posts are very old, but PerishNot, if you're still on here, I think you are doing an awesome job!!! :clap:

I wish I had someone who was interested in trying "street preaching." I'd love to do it, but I don't want to go alone!!
Those were some really inspiring posts!!

:clap:
"When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart."
John Bunyan
Waiting4Jesus

Return to How To Witness