How To Witness

How To Witness

Postby Peacebloom on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:03 pm

Easy. Just remember the story of Moses. God told Moses to go and witness to his people. First off we should learn that witnessing should be driven by God. Don't witness because "I should witness." Witness because "God is telling me to witness here." Let's see how Moses responded to God's command.

Exd 4:10 ¶ And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I [am] slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

God, I'm inadequate. How can I do your work? This is how we usually respond, but it's okay. God understands that we are inadequate.

Exd 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
Exd 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

God understands. He will use you just as you are, so that both you and who you are witnessing to may give God glory for his work. If you try to do it of your own accord, it falls apart. God will give you words to use. Have faith in him.

Exd 4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand [of him whom] thou wilt send.

This is where Moses fell into error. Before, he was afraid because he thought that God wanted him to do it alone, but now God has told him that He will do all of the work, so Moses doesn't have to worry at all. Yet, after God has said that He will do it, Moses says, "You've got the wrong guy." This isn't just saying he doesn't think that he can do it. He doesn't think that God can do it either.

Exd 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses

This is why God was angry with Moses. It's good to understand that we are inadequate to do God's work, but we need to understand and accept the fact thta God will use us anyway. We need to accept his work and do it in faith for him.

Prayer: Please God, teach us to love you and serve you with our whole hearts. Please remind us of how inadequate we are to serve you, and please assure us of how adequate you are to work through us. Please Lord, show us how amazing you are and teach us what true faith really is. May your will be done forever and ever. In your name Lord Jesus we pray. Amen.

Much love to you all,
Peacebloom
Peacebloom

Return to How To Witness