Have you tried to share the gospel with anyone lately?

Have you tried to share the gospel with anyone lately?

Postby gospeltract on Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Today, like yesterday, you will again come across people who are lost and on their way to hell. Does this bother you? It should. Hell is real. If you, for a moment, try to imagine how hopeless and horrifying hell really is, your imagination would not even come close to picturing its reality. It’s a place of eternal torment and separation from all that is good. Being aware of this, isn’t it cruel to keep God’s plan of salvation to yourself, withholding it from family, friends, and others who don’t know Jesus? Shouldn’t you at least TRY to warn them? We are told to “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:13-14) To truly love others is to share the gospel with them.

Here are a few Internet quotes from Christians describing their pre-Christian experiences illustrating how poorly we (the body of Christ) are doing at sharing the gospel:

“…It amazes me when we hear of Christians going to evangelize distant lands when…here I was at the age of 24 and, until this point, I had never seen a gospel tract or heard about salvation from anyone!” (Ron Mills, <truthandtidings.com>)

“I knew I was going to hell, but I didn’t know what to do about it…In my search, never one time did someone witness to me or hand me a gospel tract.” (Dennis A. Corle, <earnestlycontending.com>)

WHAT DOES GOD SAY?:

We are commanded to “…go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” (Mark 16:15) The book of Romans says, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” (Romans 10:13-16)

THE PROBLEM: Most Christians want to share the gospel but are too intimidated.

THE SOLUTION (for many of us): Use gospel tracts. A gospel tract is a written presentation of the plan of salvation. Yes, I know, the ultimate goal is for each of us to become bold evangelists, unafraid to witness whenever prompted by the Holy Spirit. But let’s be realistic. For those of us who are waiting for courage, gospel tracts provide an opportunity to start sharing the gospel now. According to the apostle Paul, he said that to win as many as possible, he would do what it took for the sake of the gospel (1Corinthians 9:19,23).

SOME ADVANTAGES TO USING GOSPEL TRACTS:

- Tracts can do the talking for us. For those of us who are currently intimidated by witnessing, tracts can be left in places where people can find them. You can also send them to people via the US Postal Service: If the recipient’s name is not known, address it to “Friend” or “Resident,” and if you want to remain anonymous, don’t include a return address.
    - Tracts are patient, speaking to people whenever and wherever they are ready to listen.
    - Tracts don’t get upset or get into arguments.
    - Tracts can include a personal address or church address for additional information.
    - Tracts are inexpensive. You can make copies of free internet gospel tracts, or you can purchase tracts online or from a Christian bookstore. Just think, some of the money that you’d normally spend on temporal and material things could be used to help bring people to Jesus. In Matthew 6:19-20, we are told not to lay up for ourselves treasures on earth where it won’t last, but to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven where it will last forever.

PRAYER: Prayer is powerful. Prayer is a priority. Ask that God will use each tract to glorify Himself. Ask that each tract will be read. And ask that each tract will be used by the Holy Spirit to convict people of sin and bring them to repentance. Know that “God’s word will never come back void, but will accomplish what God has planned for it to do.” (Isaiah 55:11)

CONVERSION IS BY THE HOLY SPIRIT (God is in control):

While we obediently labor for the purpose of sharing the gospel, we should remember not to trust in our own efforts but trust only in God’s ability to convert the heart of a sinner. So, I repeat, conversion is by the Holy Spirit: “I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.” (1 Corinthians 3:6-8)

Look on the internet and you’ll find that many have come to Christ through gospel tracts left in a variety of unusual places, and in some cases, from tracts that were torn or incomplete. Just remember, every tract you distribute whether or not the gospel is accepted or rejected glorifies God. When someone receives a gospel tract, curiosity will cause the individual to investigate further (it’s human nature). Realizing that it’s Christian literature, the reader will either throw it away or continue reading. Obviously you want them to read the whole message, but even when it’s discarded God is glorified. Sometimes your discarded tract will be just one of many Godly encounters that the reader will have before eventually coming to Jesus. And even in cases where a person refuses to continue reading, this will reveal that the individual wants nothing to do with the things of God so he or she cannot later blame God for never having heard the message of salvation.

JESUS IS COMING SOON:

Because of recent world events, I believe that the time is short and that Jesus is coming soon. So in addition to sharing the gospel with the lost, please help motivate others in the body of Christ to participate in the commission of sharing of the gospel.

“Jesus said, ‘In the same way there is more happiness in heaven because of one sinner who turns to God than over ninety-nine good people who don’t need to.’” (Luke 15:7)
Last edited by gospeltract on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
One gospel tract: $.15
One envelope: $.08
One first class stamp: $.44
Sharing the gospel with the possibility of someone coming to Christ: PRICELESS!
gospeltract

Postby Finaldash on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:28 pm

I have an employee in Alaska that is going to visit my family this whole week here in Socal. I've been sharing with this particular atheist the whole summer.
He is actually willing to attend church with us a couple of times and go to a christian concert later on this week. Yes he is quite open. He said he just cannot believe in an entity such as a "God". He needs a major miracle to jolt his foundation.

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:38 pm

He said he just cannot believe in an entity such as a "God". He needs a major miracle to jolt his foundation.

You ought to tell him, "Careful there, cowboy...you just might get what you wish for." :wink:
Salty Skipper

Postby gospeltract on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:21 pm

Finaldash,

I'm praying for you and that major miracle :praying:
gospeltract

Postby Finaldash on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:16 pm

gospeltract wrote:Finaldash,

Thank you. We were at church yesterday and he was impressed how nice everybody was. He really took notice how a young lady went all the way from the next aisle and came to where he was just to say hello during the "greetings" part of the service. Those little things really count alot to visitors or unbelievers I think. That was qiute a miracle in itself alredy.

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:23 pm

:praying: Lord, please draw this lost friend to you. In Jesus' name. Please give David the words.
Salty Skipper

Postby Finaldash on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:51 pm

Thanks Salty, I think I have given him all the words I can possibly give him from my own strenght this past summer. I now need timely words from the Lord and my own family's daily testimony. Please keep praying.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Finaldash on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:27 pm

gospeltract wrote:Finaldash,

I think we might have gotten that major miracle.
He cried during the concert me and my family went to. The title of the song when he cried was "Could you be messiah". I didn't want to embarass him so we didn't talk about it. Today, a few days already since he has been back to Alaska. He told us that he dreamt that he was on the cross.
Not only that but his myspace says that "he is searching for Him".
Sounds like God might have found him first. Halleluia!!! :armor: Thanks for the prayers guys.

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:22 pm

Still praying...please keep us posted. :praying:
Salty Skipper

Postby gospeltract on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Yes, halleluia!
To God be all the glory! :banana:

I pray that the Holy Spirit continues to lead him :praying:
gospeltract

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:53 pm

GospelTract--my feelings exactly! I put out tracts a lot.

Salty--you funny, girl! :)

FinalDash--HALLELUJAH! :a2: :a2: :a2:
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby PerishNot on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Praise God!

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

God is looking for those that seek Him with all thier heart! Sounds like your friend is seeking! :banana:

Until The Nets Are FULL!

PerishNot
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2Pe 3:9
PerishNot

Postby Finaldash on Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:13 pm

It's been about 8 mos. since I updated regarding this friend, so here's the update:
He said he's really not a "christian" yet despite him going to church every week. I guess you can consider him still a seeker?
Another thing was that he tried so hard getting into a christian college but his parents would not support him financially if he went.
So for us gauging him is quite confusing.
Is he a Christian or not. We don't exactly know. I believe he is. I think the Lord has gotten him by the hands already. We know He will not let go.

But there is another person, also an employee accepted the Lord the first day we shared with her, immediately. And we totally just ignored her regarding these things, because we were thinking she was already one but found out she wasn't. Her family is Catholic. But she's been going to a Christian church now bringer her mom with her.:banana:

Now she brings her bible everyday and studies with my daughter everyday since she accepted 3 weeks ago. She's definitely on fire for the Lord. She ordered the "Evidence Bible" by Ray comfort. She loves their website.

One more thing that I want you to pray guys: We also have a Moslem young woman who recently experienced miscarriage (last week).
We also have been sharing with her about how most likely her baby is in Heaven already waiting for her.
We showed her Psalm 139 and how God loved her baby the day it was conceived. That made her teary eyed. She kept on reading the verses we gave her and said WOW! Keep in mind she is a Moslem from Sri Lanka with a Malaysian husband.
Oh yeah she says that while she's in the shower she hums the Christian songs we play in the store. LOL

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby Finaldash on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:06 pm

My daughter and I have been sharing to a Moslem woman at work for more than a month now. She has been very open and is willing to consider Jesus she said when time comes.
By her own choice she said she will bring a bible to Malaysia when she returns home next month and read the "Evidence Bible" we had given her.
She even flips it open at work and reads a little bit. She's been asking lots of questions.

She said she will compare it with the Koran. She was very genuine.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Return to How To Witness