I use gospel tracts

I use gospel tracts

Postby gospeltract on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Although I have witnessed to a few people in person and through lifestyle witnessing, I’ve found that I am more comfortable sending out gospel tracts anonymously. Yes, I know it’s more expensive and less efficient than handing out tracts in person, but it gives me something to do while I’m waiting for the courage or for the opportunities to arise. If you’re like me and don’t always feel bold enough to approach people, you might want to give this a try:

1. Download and Print free gospel tracts off of the Internet, or buy some from a local or online Christian bookstore. In the tract there should be an area for contact or follow-up information; this is where I write a note and refer them to my local church or favorite Christian website for Bible answers.

2. Get the address of a house or apartment where you would like to send the gospel tract. It can be a family member, a friend, or a stranger. If you can’t think of anyone right now, just make a note of an address you drive or walk passed where the current residents appear not to be Christians (how you determine this is up to you.) :bag:

3. Go to “usps.com” and use their “Find a ZIP Code” search engine to make sure that the address is “deliverable.”

4. Address the envelope to “Friend” and don’t leave a return address (if you want to remain anonymous). If you address the envelope by hand, then it increases the chances of it being opened. And, colored envelopes are also attention grabbers.

5. Put a stamp on it. Since gospel tracts come in all shapes, sizes, and weights, you should do a trial-run first to make sure your $.44 postage is enough. Just address the envelope to yourself, drop it in a USPS drop box, and see if it gets delivered to your home address.

6. PRAY. Ask God to glorify Himself through each gospel tract that you are sending. Ask that each tract reach its destination and that the Holy Spirit uses each tract to convict hearts and bring souls to repentance. I also like to add relevant scriptures to my prayer such as Isaiah 55:11.

7. Rinse and repeat :grin:

You can send one every day, week, or month. Or, if you have more time and money, you can send more.
Last edited by gospeltract on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
One gospel tract: $.15
One envelope: $.08
One first class stamp: $.44
Sharing the gospel with the possibility of someone coming to Christ: PRICELESS!
gospeltract

Postby Be still on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:19 pm

Welcome to FP gospeltract
:wavewelcome:
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby grace2all on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi gospeltract!

:wavewelcome: to the board. Thans for sharing this witnessing technique!

Aloha,
Janell
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Lookfortruth on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:46 pm

:welcome: gospeltract!
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:44 am

gospeltract!

:wavewelcome: to the FP board!

Thanks for the info on that witnessing tool. I didn't know about that one.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby OBXBob on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:27 am

:wavewelcome: gospeltract!!

It's really good to have you join us!

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby AndCanItBe on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:17 am

:wavewelcome: gospeltract!
AndCanItBe

Postby gospeltract on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:40 am

Thank you & God bless you all for the warm welcome :grin:

I have been lurking here at FP for the past few months. Since I don’t know enough about Bible prophecy to contribute, I just like to sit back and learn.
gospeltract

Postby gospeltract on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:45 am

The reason many people aren’t familiar with this method of evangelism is probably because most people see it as being too slow and inefficient. They might argue:

“Why spend $14-$17 a month (cost to send 1 per day) to reach 28 people, when you could use that money to buy 100 to 200 tracts and hand them all out in a day?”

Well, I praise God for those of us who are obediently spreading the gospel in person with or without gospel tracts. But, as for myself, I have missed to many opportunities to witness because of my inconsistent readiness and courage. So, even if I were to only send one gospel tract per month, in one year I would have tried to reach twelve people; this (I’m embarrassed to say) would easily be twelve more than most of the same one year periods of my Christian past.

Because of recent world events, I just feel more motivated to share Jesus with people before its too late.
gospeltract

Postby WhiteH2OWoman on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 pm

AMEN, GospelTract!
I recommend trusting God to let you know who to send tracts to.

Me, I put them out in all the places where I go...and sometimes I pull over to rest stops to put them out.

I agree, time is short and we need to get seriously CRACKIN'!

Oh, and GT, you might want to update your sig line, since postage is now a whopping 42 cents. :(
WhiteH2OWoman
Supporting Member

Postby gospeltract on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Thank you WhiteH2OWoman, I updated my sig line :grin:

To God be all the glory!
gospeltract

Thanks a million!

Postby Vigilantius on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:41 pm

With my bumper sticker business on eBay, in every order I put in a slip of paper that says "Thanks a million" along with the million dollar bill (from livingwaters.com) that has the Gospel message on it. I've sent hundreds of them out with orders and with only one non-complimentary comment. "Didn't appreciate the religious note" is what they wrote, though they still left a positive feedback.

People just love the million dollar bills.
Vigilantius
Supporting Member

Free Gospels

Postby auxin on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:15 am

Hi Everyone I found a great website that sends out free :banana: gospels of John to US residents, I think it is really cool, check it out at:
http://www.pocketpower.org/
:grin:
--Aux In

See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
Hebrews 3:12
auxin

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:49 pm

Thanks, auxin.... sounds a bit "gimmicky" and seeker-friendly to me.

You provide vision for your church and the inspiration to empower each member of your congregation to know that God will help them identify opportunities to give away the Gospels.

Together we can make an impact for Jesus Christ and build thousands of lifetime commitments to sharing God's love that can transform your church, city and your entire state.

Getting started is easy

You present a powerful, pre-scripted sermon message (you can change the wording as you see fit) that covers the biblical basis for personal evangelism, the power of using God's Word to reach others, some tips on how to share your faith, and an opportunity to join The Pocket Testament League. You can show one of the videos from our professional DVD presentation to support your message. Your congregation is given enough FREE Gospels to get them started in this exciting approach to sharing their faith. All the materials are completely free to your congregation, and all designed to strengthen your church.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to How To Witness