Giving Thanks to HIM

Giving Thanks to HIM

Postby burien1 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 am

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

{God WANTS to hear our praise !!!!!}

So let me say, I love the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my being !
I thank God for His love. For never giving up on me,until he brought me to me knees and made Him Lord of my life.
I thank him for my family, friends, and all my friends here in cyber world.
I thank Him for always providing for my needs.
I thank him for the fellowship we have here at FP, and all the brothers and sisters he has blessed us with, that edify, and sharpen each other.
And last, but not least, for bringing me to a wonderful church, where his sweet Spirit is always present.

I love each and every one of you ! :hugs:
All good things come from Our Creator's hands. wishing everyone a happy and blessed Thanksgiving !!!
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Re: Giving Thanks to HIM

Postby Dusty on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:36 am

Amen and amen!
Dusty

Postby Sunny on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

I am so grateful to feel the presence of my Father God in my heart today. To know that He chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world.

As I watch the painful endtimes prophecies unfold all around me, my heart breaks -- but on another level I rejoice because the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus. Every word He has spoken is faithful and true. That means that soon (whenever soon is) we will see all of His promises to those of us who remain faithful realized.

I am grateful for the huge turkey that is in my refrigerator waiting for tomorrow morning to go into the oven. I am grateful for the cold sunshine that has replaced gray, gloomy skies today. I am grateful for the love of my husband, my family and my dogs. I am ever so grateful for this board and the encouragement I find here. I am grateful for the anticipation of our trip home next month. For projects to do and for the means to do my projects. For the creativity God has given me. I hope He smiles when he sees some of the things I have so much fun making.

I thank Him for blessing my body, mind, soul and spirit. I thank Him for being there for me whenever I need Him. I thank Him for the joy of His presence. I thank Him for the goodness that still remains in this world in God's people who love His laws and ways.

I thank Him for loving me first. :a2:
Sunny

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Give Thanks by the Maranatha Singers

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"

We give thanks to You oh Lord
We give thanks

:bowing:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Beautiful song, Abiding !

:bowing:
burien1

Postby Sunny on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm

That is one of my very favorite songs, Abiding. Thanks for reminding me of it!
Sunny

Postby burien1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:56 am

When I started this thread the other day, I was so grateful for everything the Lord has done for me, but I was also heartbroken, and grieving. My crazy cat had managed to sneak by me at the door, the friday before last.

I live in the woods, with only 2 neighbors further up the road. Raccoons, coyotes, possums, deer are everywhere, here.I had hunted, and called and called for her, every day and night, until I was froze to the bone myself. She always slept next to me me, under my blanket, or would lay next to my heater, so I was worried sick because of the nasty cold weather.We had 2 days of below freezing temps, followed by 2 days of almost freezing rain, then more cold and high winds. Yesterday was the 1st day in the upper 30's, with little wind and sunshine.

Yesterday, I was praying for the Lord to just give me closure, if nothing else. I told him that I knew, that he knows if even a sparrow falls to the ground, and I knew that he knew exactly where she was. I asked Him to let me know if it was time to give up hunting.

This morning, she was on my front porch. Terrified, cold, and starving. She has lost a lot of weight in just over a week, but she is safe at home.

Thank you, Lord God !!!
We can and should praise His name even in the storms ! And this one was just a tiny shower compared to what I have been through in my life. :praise:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:04 am

:hugs2:

Thanks for sharing that burien1! Pets are so much a part of our families that I can't imagine how worried you were. I'm sorry about the freezing elements your cat had to endure, but happy she found her way home. Home for the holidays.... :wink:

Thank you, Lord, for reuniting burien1 with her pet.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sunny on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Yesterday, I was praying for the Lord to just give me closure, if nothing else. I told him that I knew, that he knows if even a sparrow falls to the ground, and I knew that he knew exactly where she was. I asked Him to let me know if it was time to give up hunting.

This morning, she was on my front porch. Terrified, cold, and starving. She has lost a lot of weight in just over a week, but she is safe at home.

Thank you, Lord God !!!
We can and should praise His name even in the storms ! And this one was just a tiny shower compared to what I have been through in my life. :praise:

Burien, testimonies like that make me happier than the giant miracles sometimes. Because they are proof that God cares about each of us and our personal, individual needs, no matter how insignificant they may seem to others. When He demonstrates His love and faithfulness in these "small" matters, it is a giant boost in faith to trust Him for the big things down the road.

So glad your sweet kitty is safely home, where she belongs. :)
Sunny

Postby daffodyllady on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:57 pm

I had no family to celebrate with this Thanksgiving, despite having 7 living siblings, and a mom next door. You see, each of my siblings has his/her own large family, and most have grandchildren... so each one hosts their own celebration. If my mom's offspring get together, there are about 150 of us... which really is too big.. besides which, the families are scattered from Canada to Florida.

I have two children. One is attending college and couldn't get home for Thanksgiving.
The other is dating, and went to spend the holiday with her probable future in-laws.

I worked a 12-hour shift with a dementia patient in a household that was full of unruly, loud kids, which drove the patient completely berserk.

But on the way home from work, I was visited by the Lord in my little car, and began to realize how immense the gift of salvation is!

God is completely holy.
And I, in my natural state, was completely unholy.
I was so repulsively filthy before Him, that it was only perfect LOVE that could reach down to redeem me.
And then, to think of how he suffered. For sinners who hated Him.

What incredible LOVE! What an incredible salvation I have been freely given!

I wept in thanksgiving for about half an hour, while driving home.
And I didn't feel alone any more. I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my Father.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

daffodyllady wrote:I had no family to celebrate with this Thanksgiving, despite having 7 living siblings, and a mom next door. You see, each of my siblings has his/her own large family, and most have grandchildren... so each one hosts their own celebration. If my mom's offspring get together, there are about 150 of us... which really is too big.. besides which, the families are scattered from Canada to Florida.

I have two children. One is attending college and couldn't get home for Thanksgiving.
The other is dating, and went to spend the holiday with her probable future in-laws.

I worked a 12-hour shift with a dementia patient in a household that was full of unruly, loud kids, which drove the patient completely berserk.

But on the way home from work, I was visited by the Lord in my little car, and began to realize how immense the gift of salvation is!

God is completely holy.
And I, in my natural state, was completely unholy.
I was so repulsively filthy before Him, that it was only perfect LOVE that could reach down to redeem me.
And then, to think of how he suffered. For sinners who hated Him.

What incredible LOVE! What an incredible salvation I have been freely given!

I wept in thanksgiving for about half an hour, while driving home.
And I didn't feel alone any more. I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my Father.

That's a great Testimony, daffodylady! I have been living and working abroad for close to 10 years now and it is too costly oftentimes for me and my family to go back home for Christmas or the New Year... probably only once in my 10 years... I do have my own family here but it does get nostalgic just thinking how things might be back home. Celebrating Thanksgiving with my Father... the joy and peace and worship that you must have felt... that is our God... the ever present God! :grin:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Burien: Your kitty kat story lifted me up so much. I know how it is to love and adore an animal and be that close. As I type this, I have a brother and sister pair of kitty cats sleeping at my side on my desk, patient and waiting for us all to go to bed (it's past time that we all normally get in the bed). They sleep at the foot of my bed. When I get up, I will be joined by them. My German Shepard is not friendly to anyone who isn't in our immediate family, but I belong to her. She rests comfortably about a foot behind my chair. She will not leave my side until I get up, and every time I get up, she follows me wherever I may be going. I sometimes have to remind myself not to get impatient with her loyalty....

I simply adore our 5 kitty cats and 3 dogs...and they all have a special way of interacting with our family and each other. I thank God for all of them.

Daffodyllady: What a beautiful and uplifting testimony. I can never hear enough stories like that....God is so good to all of us.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Praise Corner