God's limitless and lovely provision...

God's limitless and lovely provision...

Postby CrystalClear on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello!

Returning member of several years' absence, with a public praising, although I know this area isn't used very much.

In a word, I'm newly divorced because, in his words, he hates God. And of course, I love Him...so twenty-two years down the drain in one sense and the rest of my life remaining single because I believe remarriage when the other party is living is adultery. So, that's a tiny but overarching part of my past, present and future in a very tiny nutshell.

This is what God has done for me (us...children involved) so far:

1. Within 24 hours of asking in prayer, I was taken aback by the offer of a free car to take the place of our big gas-hog van and my half of the dissolution fees were paid off.

2. I landed the one remaining position here in my tiny town at a newly-taken-over business. Minimum wage, but in only six weeks I'm already being trained for a managerial level and it's three blocks from home.

3. Without the incredible tension the man in question brought to the home, us that remain all dwell in peace together. He gave me full custody, the house and the money plan I came up with, no questions asked. I sleep better than I have in decades.

4. When two elders from a church two of my kiddos were baptized at came for a visit to see why we weren't attending, after I explained the $1300 in needed repairs to the van to make it safe, they looked at each other, looked at me and said they'd cover the bills. I about dropped over...and the van is in the shop as I type this.

5. When the free car suddenly needed repairs, my water heater gave out at the same time...but...the water heater issue was only a $20 element and due to an inability to honor the warranty, they sent me a check that covered entire water heater. We were able to buy the little heater element (we figured out how to change it) with the check, and it also took care of the car repair fees.

6. My daughters have long wanted some sort of way of making money, and after prayer, a wrong number from a woman I haven't spoken with in ages turned into a house-cleaning and organizing opportunity that earns them money and a few freebies (the lady's a very generous, kindly packrat and all we have to do is ask, per her, and it's probably going to go home with us...).

There's more, but I figure this will hopefully encourage someone else. It sure gave me a smile to type and remember all over again! :banana:

CC
CrystalClear

Re: God's limitless and lovely provision...

Postby SueAnn on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Hello CC,
Thanks for sharing with us. I rejoice at your grateful attitude. The only thing that upsets me about your entire post is your thinking that a second marriage would be adultery. I am sure you have really good reasons to believe this. I am not questioning your beliefs. I am just hoping that if the Lord brings a special person into your life to ease your lonliness, you will not reject this person out of hand. Please let the Lord decide if He wants you to remarry, or not. Next year, next decade, whatever.

Hugs to you and your children.
:hugs2:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 pm

CC, what a beautiful testimony of God's provision! It builds up my faith to have read it! :)
Sunny

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:24 am

Welcome back CrystalClear ! Great testimony.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Dusty on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 am

A wonderful praise for our loving Father CC. May God continue to bless you and supply your every need. :a3:
Dusty

Thanks, all!

Postby CrystalClear on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello again!

Glad to be an encouragement to others, and I thank everyone for the welcome!

SueAnn, I do appreciate the thoughts and I didn't mention that to be controversial, although I suppose it is, really.

But as a matter of conversation, even if I happened to be wrong, after many years spent watching guys, Christian and not, I frankly think my life is and will be much richer for having dispensed with the whole post-divorce pairing-off business years ago. I like men, I enjoy interacting with them and cheering on their strengths...

...from a safe, respectable distance. Learned that one the really, very, extremely hard way, even without the Biblical injunctions I believe in. I have a short list of "Why not again even if I could":

1. Stepkids...Other People's Teenagers! Run like that Pink Floyd song!
2. The Change / Midlife Crisis...a time of radical emotions, introspection, and male urges to buy a Ferrari on a Cobalt budget.
3. Bed...no, not that. I am finally comfortable without getting overheated, frozen or otherwise awakened. And on "that", I lived a celibate lifestyle for most of the final ten years due to his failures, so I'm most confident in stating that no man is worth giving up my perfectly-arranged and layered covers for.

Of course the above is stated with an amused smirk, as others have overcome all three and had decent relationships. But I'm happy out of the cage. I smile more, sleep better and dropped from a size ten to a size six. What's to mourn?

:itsgood:

Chuckling,

CC
CrystalClear

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Wonderful to hear from you again, Crystal and especially to hear of your contentedness in your present situation!

:hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Thanks, all!

Postby SueAnn on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm

CrystalClear wrote:SueAnn, I do appreciate the thoughts and I didn't mention that to be controversial, although I suppose it is, really.

Crystal, I assure you, you were not being controversial.

I think you are doing what God is a maestro at doing...make lemonade out of lemons. You are finding positives in the midst of pain. I belive that attitude will take you far, and will create a perfect environment for God to shower you with blessings sans the pain.

I have very good feelings about your future.

You may hit bumps in the road...just don't forget that you are part of the Christ-loving family...come talk to us during the bad times as well as the good. :hugs:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 am

Hi Crystalclear,

Thank you for sharing these wonderful testimonies! That helps me this morning! (hitting a few bumps myself . . . But God ALWAYS takes care of us!)

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby daffodyllady on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Crystal, Your testimony is so much like my own!

After 18 years of marriage, my hubby walked out. He used to love the Lord, but then became very confused. After doing a lot of church-hopping, he began frequenting bars, to "try to witness to the people Jesus hung out with." Well, he soon felt more at home in the bar than he did at home, and everything went downhill from there.

When he left, I learned to lean on God as never before. I began to see miracle after miracle, just like you did. The job came, as someone called me, asking if I would care for three elderly ladies in their home, on weekends. My husband came and took the children for the day on weekends, so that worked out well.

Eventually, God miraculously led me to move out of the community, and my husband was unable to influence them so much toward ungodliness. Both of my children have turned toward the Lord. They are 20 and 26. (I am turning 50 this year.) All three of us are in college. We are doing very well.

God has led me to understand that as I love and forgive my husband, that is the amount I open my heart to receive love and forgiveness from God for my own sins.
God has spoken clearly to me to be willing to take my husband back, because he will turn back to Him someday. I have had offers of dating from other men. One guy really had a crush on me. He was a nice person. But I said no, and chastised my heart for feeling pleased at his attentions. My heart belongs to God, and for this time, I am called to be single.

It isn't a bad thing to be single. I am enjoying my life! I get to cook the way I want, keep the schedule I prefer, make household decisions according to my preferences...

I have bought some mountain land; I may sell it again-- or I may build a cabin and a pond, and retire there. My kids are getting ready to move out soon. One of them will probably marry in the next year or two. The other wants to get his own place. This is good. It's a new stage of life, and I will welcome it with open arms, knowing that my shepherd is leading me personally into the life He wants for me.

Good for you for following what God has laid on your heart! Stick to your guns, and don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong. "Let the peace of God rule in your heart, to which you are called, and be thankful."
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby CrystalClear on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Good evening, all!

SueAnn:

You're right...I am smiling my way through, and praise Him, it's real smiles. Actually, I only did my wounded-animal imitation one time, and that was when I found his private credit card statements with his white-trash mistress' name printed right there on the plane ticket he bought her for a week-long trip to Florida with him while he went to a special training that was quite legitimate. I went outside, fell to my knees and screamed for a good five minutes. Quite scary, but I rose up a changed woman from that moment forward...changed for the better. That man will never realize how blessed he is that I clung to God and didn't turn into the horrifically intelligent enemy he could have faced off with. I stayed kind and pleasant the whole time. Still am.

Mark:

Everyone has a story, I've learned. I'm glad that I gave you a lift! Doing that for others is what makes me happiest.

Daffodyllady:

Quite a testimony and I was encouraged by it! Mine decided that instead of a woman who kept herself classy and cheerful and intelligent, he wanted to "return to his roots"...and had taken a mistress he'd gone to high school with in a very depressed rural-redneck area, only they hadn't dated at that time. Took me seven months to find out, which was actually His mercy, because I was healing from several blood transfusions and female surgery during that time. As to the other woman, so far, no one can figure it out. She's my polar opposite...and that's not a compliment to her.

As for enjoying attention, I take the opposite tack and accept it since I'm not asking for it. In reality, it's the only thing that's kept me feeling like a woman for a very long time. I don't dress to get attention, skin stays covered and nothing clings (in fact the ex hated my modesty!), and I am not bold toward men, but I have a distinct style and step out confidently with no apologies to anyone for being who I am. I'm a woman who's high on life and can wear anything from a suit and heels to cowboy boots and a fringed leather jacket, and if the married church elders and half the other men over forty in a church want to check out my assets walking down the aisle, have right at it. My girls, who originally let me know what was going on because they see everything, think it's hilarious in a pervy sense, and we laugh and laugh all the way home. Darnedest thing is, I'm not a pretty woman. Distinctive, not pretty. Go figure...

And on taking him back, after the ex cornered me by rejecting my offer of reconciliation and forgiveness, basically pushing me to divorce him, I got the same sort of question in my head you suggested..."If he comes back to Me, will you take him back?" My answer was a yes and suddenly everything proceeded like the floodgates had been opened. Now, honestly, I don't EVER want him to come back. <shudder> I stopped trusting him about three months after we were married and he did something that destroyed my emotional love in 2000 and he never did a thing to recover it. There was that much damage, but I loved him in the deeper sense of commitment, and kept both my word and his home. It was that God-thing where He notices those that swear to their own hurt, etc.

I, too, am enjoying being my own person, although for better or worse, with six under twenty-one under my roof, and the youngest not quite in puberty yet, I've got a long, winding road to go. No pretty cabins on a mountain for me! I'll be fifty-two before the youngest hits eighteen, actually, and who knows what the world landscape will be at that time.

In short, I've decided to let Him have the goals and dreams for me and I'll just smile at every little beautiful thing that crops up each day I still awaken, and have mercy on human weaknesses, and laugh at human stupidity, including my own. Just doing those things plus my daily duties is a fulltime job. But I will admit to feeling like I'm on a very short leash compared to my inward desires and capacities. So much time dithering with cleaning and sleep and cooking and...blah. I'm the kind that can get lost down the rabbit hole of fascination so readily...I look very forward to having all the time in the universe to just "be", and if I'm hungry, reach out and yank a peach off the tree and munch while my eyes are glued to my next writing or art project...or my Andromeda Galaxy travel itinerary...or reading about what quarks really are...at least until someone comes and reminds me that the Royal Court wanted me five minutes ago...oops...

:hehe:

CrystalClear
CrystalClear

Postby SueAnn on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 pm

mark s wrote:Hi Crystalclear,

Thank you for sharing these wonderful testimonies! That helps me this morning! (hitting a few bumps myself . . . But God ALWAYS takes care of us!)

Love in Christ,
Mark

An un-bump hug for you, my Brother. :comfort:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 pm

CrystalClear wrote:I've decided to let Him have the goals and dreams for me and I'll just smile at every little beautiful thing that crops up each day I still awaken

Crystal, I LOVE this. I am going to write it down and put it on my refridgerator. Thank you. :yourock:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 pm

SueAnn wrote:
CrystalClear wrote:I've decided to let Him have the goals and dreams for me and I'll just smile at every little beautiful thing that crops up each day I still awaken

Crystal, I LOVE this. I am going to write it down and put it on my refridgerator. Thank you. :yourock:

Crystal, I have really been working at not allowing myself to be stressed out by the future, but to trust God to meet all my needs TODAY. I had been using "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble," as my guide.

You phrased it in such a positive, memorable way! I'm copying it onto a post-a-note and sticking it where I'll be reminded several times a day!
Sunny

Postby CrystalClear on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Hey, SueAnn & Sunny:

Glad to hear I was able to encourage you! God bless!

CC
CrystalClear

Return to Praise Corner