Your Grace is Beyond Compare

Your Grace is Beyond Compare

Postby apfuchs on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Though I think I've blown it now and then, I remind myself that who am I to be more graceful than You? Who am I to show more mercy to others than You show to me?

Though I think--and know--that I'm the chief of sinners and worse than the devil himself, You still took the time to seek me out and save me.

In a world where I've been taught to strive and fight and persevere--though good qualities--they've also made me believe I need to earn every commendation, every penny, every gift, every approval. The concept of completely free is something I have a hard time accepting despite all effort to do so. Thank You that You consistently remind me that I can't earn what You give. I'm also thankful that's the case because 1,000,000 lifetimes as a "good person" would still leave me short.

I'm tired, Lord, broken and just plain exhausted. I want out of my sinful body, my sinful mind, my sinful heart, and want to be free now and forever.

And even if I've blown it, if it turns out that I've utterly fallen from Grace, then know that I'll still press into You. And though I might burn in Hell, at least I can go there knowing I did what You asked of me. That's the attitude of my heart. Not from pride nor anything negative. Just wanted to let You know that I'm doing my best. But then if this horrible fate came to pass, then would not that be a case of me doing more than You? Of me drawing close to You more than You draw close to me?

And so You remind me Your Grace is sufficient for an utterly despicable wretch like me, and You will not be out done by a mere man.

Thank You for Your faithfulness and Grace, and my sincerest apologies for being the cause of Your cross. I'm sorry.
Waiting for His coming,

A.P. Fuchs
apfuchs

Re: Your Grace is Beyond Compare

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:02 pm

What a beautiful public testimony. Utterly beautiful and perfectly true for me, too. Thank you for sharing that.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Your Grace is Beyond Compare

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm tired, Lord, broken and just plain exhausted.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Praise Corner