A long time coming, but God`s perfect timing !

A long time coming, but God`s perfect timing !

Postby burien1 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 am

I mentioned my friend on this board before. The long trial she has been enduring. Since last June, she has practically lived at the hospital with her husband. His health went down hill after their daughter was killed in a car accident.[ She was saved ] They had put dye in his veins to run a test on his heart, and it totally killed his kidneys. His heart was so bad, they put him on a transplant list. After a year, they told him his health was so bad, that they had to remove him from the list. He also has diabetes, and developed a sore on his foot last winter that would not heal. He has since then lost his leg, starting with a toe, piece by piece. there`s nothing left of the leg to remove. He has been in and out of ICU, and so close to death so many times I have lost count

So many of us have been praying for this man for the last 6 years, to come to really know the Lord. He has always said that he was saved at one time, but fell away, so he has consistantly believed that he lost his salvation and couldn`t get it back. I have prayed for him everyday. I`ve watched my friend literally wasting away herself, from the severe strain.She has lost a lot of weight, and has become frail herself. But I have never doubted that the Lord was using this situation for good.

My friend heard a loud ruckus yesterday, as she approached the ICU. [ Her husband is recovering from Pneumonia at the moment.] When she reached her hubby`s room, he had his arms upraised to the ceiling, and was singing praises to the Lord. He was laughing and crying, and telling her and the nurses that he knew he would now see his daughter again.This man could not even lift himself up on a pillow the day before. He is now witnessing to anyone within earshot. Doctors, nurses, patients in the ICU, and all their family members. The doctors and nurses are dumbfounded by the complete change in this man. For anyone who has been around this man in the hospital, his story is now a powerful witness for the Lord.

My friend had accepted that he doesn`t have very long left to live. Its moment to moment. She was just praying to have the peace of knowing that he would be with her again one day, and not lost forever.

Even in all our trials, our Lord is working and knows what is best. I can never praise His name enough, or thank Him enough. If I was able to dance, I would`ve danced with joy to the Lord when I learned this news. I`m still crying tears of joy. No matter what our trials, never give up ! We don`t see what our Lord is doing, while we are in that valley. We can only see on top of the mountaintop, from glory to glory.
:bowing: Praise the LORD !!! :bowing:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Re: A long time coming, but God`s perfect timing !

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am

:praise:

Thank you for sharing this testimony, burien1! I'm rejoicing with you over answered prayer for your friend.

We don`t see what our Lord is doing, while we are in that valley. We can only see on top of the mountaintop, from glory to glory.

:a3:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby 4givenmuch on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:23 am

Wow! Inspirational! Thank you!
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:55 am

:blessyou: for sharing this, Burien1! It was a beautiful post and rings so true....and the most poignant thing of all is your comment:

We don`t see what our Lord is doing, while we are in that valley. We can only see on top of the mountaintop, from glory to glory.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Burien, thank you for this testimony. I am crying tears of joy at this news. God is so very faithful! Happy happy day indeed!!!!!!! :bowing: :banana: :hugs:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby daffodyllady on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Wow! What does he say happened, to change his mind about his being able to be saved?
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady

Postby burien1 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:50 pm

His wife said she believes he has been under conviction for several months now. She has been praying for him for 31 years. The doctors had called in Hospice to take over his care in the hospital, but he is now sitting up in bed on his own, and witnessing to all.

This gives me so much hope for all those I`m praying for. And its a long, long list. The Lord convicted me just today, to pray for Obama even more often. I`m sure Daniel had no idea when he first laid eyes on King Nebbi, that the man who ruled Babylon, would one day worship our God.

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
burien1

Postby Spreading Salt on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 pm

:grin:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby FreeInHim on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Wow, what an awesome turn of events! Praise the Lord, and thank you for sharing, Brenda. I especially love your last sentiments.

burien1 wrote:This gives me so much hope for all those I`m praying for. And its a long, long list. The Lord convicted me just today, to pray for Obama even more often. I`m sure Daniel had no idea when he first laid eyes on King Nebbi, that the man who ruled Babylon, would one day worship our God.

:a3:
FreeInHim

Postby burien1 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:52 pm

The good Lord took our new brother home last night. He died peacefully, with a smile on his face.

So have patience dear ones, for all your lost family members and friends. And please pray for this family. The son and 4 grand children, are still lost.

:praying:
burien1

Postby laney on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry to hear this burien. Will keep the family in prayers. :praying:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby mark s on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. What an amazing and incredible testimony!!!

Praise to Jesus!!!

:praise:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to Praise Corner