I have to praise God today for my sleep after 2 and half yrs

I have to praise God today for my sleep after 2 and half yrs

Postby mommyjen on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 am

For anyone who does not know, and I am sure there are a lot, for the past 2 and half years, I have been getting hardly any sleep. I had a 2 year old who would not sleep through the night and wake every 1-2 hours. We tried every trick in the book and the hard part was, no one understood and mostly seemed to pass judgement on us that we were doing something wrong. BTW- The half years were the last half of my pregnancy with her where my other daughter would wake up and I would wake a lot. Anyway, I went through horrible days and nights just to pray and pray and see nothing happen and then have to struggle through it again. I hit complete rock bottom so many times I cannot tell you. Sleep deprivation is awful and please if you know someone going through it, Dont judge their actions or lack of actions harshly. I could barely get through the day or function as well as my poor litte daughter. Luckily for my other daughter who is 3, she sleeps like a rock so even all the crying at night would not wake her. Anyway, we are finally through this and I just want to praise God for it. I am still tired in the daytime as I am pregnant but I am a real person now and it is just so different. I don't know why I went through it, but it does give me courage to know that I can make it through a lot. See I even tried to kill myself during this time and prayed to God that if he wanted me live to let me know. At that exact moment, my sister called me and said she felt like something was wrong :a2: Pretty amazing! Anyway, I know here after baby 3 is born I will go back to being sleep deprived once again but I pray it won't be as long and drawn out and that I handle it better than this last time. Praise God for being faithful and dragging us through the storms when we have no strength to do it ourselves!!! Amen! (sorry if there are typos)
mommyjen

Postby AndCanItBe on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:47 am

Praise God for being faithful and dragging us through the storms when we have no strength to do it ourselves!!! Amen!

:a3:
AndCanItBe

Return to Praise Corner