Results from court

Results from court

Postby carpentersdaughter on Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:14 pm

hi Everyone. I just want to thank those who prayed for us. To say the least it was a very rough and stressful day. The lady who sold us the house did nothing but lie on every single question brought to her. It was very frustrating to watch her lie, and do it like it was no big deal. She was very smooth, and very believable.<br>
<br>
We did win our case, BUT, we only got awarded forty-two hundred dollars. It is going to cost us over fifty thousand to tear down and replace the bedrooms and bathroom, laundry room.<br>
<br>
The Judge did say the contract could be rescinded, and that is what he thought we wanted, and when we told him we just wanted her to be responsible for the cost of what it would cost to repair the damage, he was stunned. He didn't know what to say. We have put three years of our lives into this house, and done a ton of landscaping. I really don't want to move, and the price of housing has gone up. It is still cheap here to buy a nice house, but I have Born-Again Christian neighbors, and we go for walks, and I have other wonderful neighbors. I just don't want to move.<br>
<br>
With that, I think the Judge grabbed that number out of his head. We have thirty days to appeal, and our attorney is going to try to get him to raise our award.<br>
<br>
We did prove that the seller committed fraud, and the judge made several comments on how she lied on so many things. With the judge stating she committed fraud was in some ways a nice revenge. (I know, we don't get revenge, but she did us wrong, and it was nice to see that someone else saw that besides our attorney)<br>
<br>
The judge ordered her to have a survey done on her property where our septic system is sitting, and to have a legal easement on the property. This is going to land lock what little property she has left. This will render the property valueless and unsaleable. This too was a good thing for us.<br>
<br>
There's a lot to say, but I will leave it at what I've said. It's taken me several days to work through all this because I have been disappointed. We've been going through this for over two and a half years now. It least it's over, and we can move on now and have the back part of the house removed and have a new one put on.<br>
<br>
Please keep us in your prayers that the judge will reconsider the amount of the award, and that we will be able to get the property next door.<br>
<br>
Thank you so much for your prayers, it was nice to know that I had them as my pillow of comfort from you guys.<br>
<br>
God Bless,<br>
Linda <p></p><i></i>
carpentersdaughter

Re: Results from court

Postby PAM on Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:12 am

I read your post the other day and didn't have time to respond. Boy, I was hoping you would get total reimbursement for what this is going to cost you. I will be praying that the appeal works more in your favor. <p></p><i></i>
PAM

Re: Results from court

Postby carpentersdaughter on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:43 pm

Thank You Pam: To say the least, I was very disappointed. It seems evil can do what it wants and doesn't have any consequences.<br>
<br>
I would hate to think what would happen to me if I tried the same thing this seller did to us. Oh well, this home is only temporary anyway. I look forward to what Jesus has planned.<br>
<br>
Thank you so much for your prayers, I do appreciate them. <p></p><i></i>
carpentersdaughter

Return to Prayer Requests