DAUGHTER NEEDS A MIRACLE

DAUGHTER NEEDS A MIRACLE

Postby slick on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 am

Hello Gang,

I have a 28 year old daughter Rhonda who since teen years has been Rebellious and has caused / dealt / suffered an abundance of consequences including the death of her 1 year old daughter.....these last several years her rebellion has taken her into the world of heavy drugs and she has found herself addicted to crack.... her addiction has now caused her to prostitute herself for money to support he habit....

she desperately needs a touch from GOD she refuses all pleas for help has been to jail several times.. and aside from death of daughter has lost the other 2 children to custody or foster care ( in the care of my oldest daughter PRAISE GOD)....

feeling sorrow,
slick,
Clarence
slick

Re: DAUGHTER NEEDS A MIRACLE

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 am

...heartbreaking, Clarence. Your daughter will certainly be in my prayers. I can't imagine how you feel watching your daughter and the effect of drugs on her life. It may seem impossible for her recovery and salvation as well as peace in the midst of these circumstances for you, but we both know we serve a God of the impossible.

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Exit40 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 am

:praying: :praying: :praying:

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

I am so sorry you have to endure this as a parent. My friend just lost her last child as a consequence to his drug use. It literally destroyed his heart. After burying both her sons, she is holding on to the Lord for strength and comfort.

Praying for your daughter, you, and your family. And for her children.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 am

And when it seems that all is lost, remember the thief who was saved on the cross.

I pray for your peace and comfort, nothing is too hard for him. He records each one of your prayers.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi Clarence: If anyone knows what you are going through, it's me. I have made lots of posts about this stuff and my husband, especially, but also my daughter. I know how hard it is to have to stand on the sidelines while watching someone destroy themselves, and in many ways, destroy us, as well. It's so painful....words cannot describe the toll it takes on us.

If your daughter ever gets ready to seek help, might I suggest you tell her about Keswick in New Jersey. The application fee is all that you pay ($500.00) and the women's program is 6 months (mens is 4 months). It's a Christian recovery place. They get excellent care and help there (3 hot meals a day as addicts bodies need good nutrition for the recovery over months of time). They work on the grounds (doing important tasks to keep the place up and going, but they do not work for the community or the public or whatever....it's all through Keswick). There are professional counselors (I believe God hand picks these people as when my husband was there, I met many and absolutely knew the Lord put them where they are). Also, the grounds of Keswick (it's a large number of acreage)....they are literally hallowed.....you literally see and feel God as soon as your feet touch the soil. The people all glow with the Lord in them. When others greet you, literally, even though you are looking at a person's face, you see the face of God in them....it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen and I saw it there. I mentioned this to the staff one day, and they told me that they hear this particular comment often....it's unreal, and God is there, at that place, with those addicts.

Anyway, I don't get paid to testify what our family experienced while at Keswick. That said, the addict has to call.....they only accept calls from the addicts, because the first thing that is needed is a desire of the addict to get better. Oh, and day 1, the "label" addict goes away.....they are children of the Lord and as such dont carry all these other labels.....

It's an amazing program they have....and their success rate is very high, too.

I will be praying alongside for your daughter and family.

Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Will be praying
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Sonbeam on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:36 am

I am so sorry. May our Lord comfort you and your family as only He can. And we know that with Him all things are possible. There is always hope in Him.

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby slick on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:31 am

GodsStudent wrote:Hi Clarence: If anyone knows what you are going through, it's me. I have made lots of posts about this stuff and my husband, especially, but also my daughter. I know how hard it is to have to stand on the sidelines while watching someone destroy themselves, and in many ways, destroy us, as well. It's so painful....words cannot describe the toll it takes on us.

If your daughter ever gets ready to seek help, might I suggest you tell her about Keswick in New Jersey. The application fee is all that you pay ($500.00) and the women's program is 6 months (mens is 4 months). It's a Christian recovery place. They get excellent care and help there (3 hot meals a day as addicts bodies need good nutrition for the recovery over months of time). They work on the grounds (doing important tasks to keep the place up and going, but they do not work for the community or the public or whatever....it's all through Keswick). There are professional counselors (I believe God hand picks these people as when my husband was there, I met many and absolutely knew the Lord put them where they are). Also, the grounds of Keswick (it's a large number of acreage)....they are literally hallowed.....you literally see and feel God as soon as your feet touch the soil. The people all glow with the Lord in them. When others greet you, literally, even though you are looking at a person's face, you see the face of God in them....it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen and I saw it there. I mentioned this to the staff one day, and they told me that they hear this particular comment often....it's unreal, and God is there, at that place, with those addicts.

Anyway, I don't get paid to testify what our family experienced while at Keswick. That said, the addict has to call.....they only accept calls from the addicts, because the first thing that is needed is a desire of the addict to get better. Oh, and day 1, the "label" addict goes away.....they are children of the Lord and as such dont carry all these other labels.....

It's an amazing program they have....and their success rate is very high, too.

I will be praying alongside for your daughter and family.

Lisa

Thank You for the information about Keswick I will look it up and get info and be ready when time comes to have he call...

GOD BLESS!
Clarence
slick

Postby slick on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:33 am

Hello Gang,
Thank You all for the prayers its comforting to know Brothers & Sisters all over pray for each other...
God Bless,
Clarence
slick

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:16 am

Hi Clarence, you're welcome for the information. When I went to see my husband on visit (which they do not allow anymore, by the way, from what I understand).....I was so amazed by the palpable presence of the Lord there that I offered to work in the kitchen or whatever, just so that I could get a job there and live there from now on. Everyone laughed at me for this, but in a lot of ways, I was dead serious...the serenity there is palpable, or at least it was for me (but we do need to keep in mind that I was not struggling with an addiction, but witnessing God heal others who are).

My husband squashed my idea about us moving there and working there....said NJ is too cold in the winter for us SC folk, lol....but I am serious.....I was being serious about living the rest of my life on those grounds......hallowed.....Im not even kidding about that!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 am

I'm ready for that kind of life.

To spend the rest of my days out of the rat race, just serving the needs of the people around me.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 pm

me, too, Mark.
I dont see God's face in everyone when I go to church. I am sorry to say that, but there is a lot of drama in a lot of people there.
Those people at Keswick ....the addicts are over the top excited to be experiencing the Lord through the program, and the people who work there, most seem to be hand picked by the Lord and have spirits made of solid gold.....everyone was so positive and full of love for each other and kind and serving each other in various ways......and most of all......sincere.

The people who work there say that the land is hallowed and this wasn't unusual for them, so they just laughed and smiled at my amazement at what I was seeing. They got a real kick out of the fact that I recognized it and was so animated and responded so positively to it......

I dont know......I felt like one of those alligators and wild animals in Africa that has to move in the Serengeti as all fresh water has run out....and instead of celebrating the great rain shower that came, I had found my way to a king sized spring that ran fresh with cooling water for as far as the eye could see.....

what alligator doesn't love a cool stream of fresh water that stretches as far as the eye can see?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:56 am

. . . and brings life to all that it touches!

:hugs:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Slick,

Sorry I missed your post earlier, but I will pray for your daughter. How heart wrenching to see the one you love on a path to self destruction. But we are not powerless, we have the power of God living in us, and prayer can and does change things. I will most certainly pray. Please keep us posted as to how she is doing.

I will also pray for you and the rest of your family as you endure the struggle.

God bless

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:14 am

Hi Slick,

Just wondering how your daughter is doing?

prayed for her today.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:17 pm

I prayed for your daughter today, too, slick.

I also added in prayers for the children of: Spreading Salt, Mark, Dave and Resurrection Torchlight, as I know off the top of my head that all of us are concerned for our children.

If I have missed anyone, please don't take offense. Please tell me as I'd like to add your child to those that I am focusing on praying for here in our group. I know we are all concerned about them and prayer is the best thing I can do here for this.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby slick on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:40 am

Hello Group ,

my daughters life is a mess, and has been for many years. she is back living with her boyfriend claiming she is off the drugs. has also announced she is getting married in October to her live in boyfriend she is riding an emotional high that will crash and burn at the first sign of trouble .
the prayers are coveted !!
One VERY positive note to the story is her son lives with my oldest daughter by court order, and Rhonda has agreed after much prayer to allow Bethany to adopt him!!
In His Grace,
Clarence
slick

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 am

Hi Clarence, if she is really off the drugs this is a positive development. Be praying about whether the family should attend her wedding to show support. It may be that showing that you support her and love her will open up the door to her coming home when things fall apart. She will feel she has a place to go, and if it happens this way we will believe she will accept that she messed up and turn to Jesus fully.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Thanks for the update slick, I think sacredcowbasher , gave some good advice.

continued prayers

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please surround this family with Your protection and Your peace. May all things work for their good. Help Clarence trust You in all of it. Turn hearts to Your truths and desires. Rid them of the filth of drugs and poor choices quickly and effectively. Heal their relationships. Grow their faith. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am

Praying..
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:18 pm

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests