Ruptured hip muscle

Ruptured hip muscle

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Everyone:

Well....I am putting off my knee surgeries now, because I have now ruptured the muscle that connects my hip to my leg. I get an MRI Fri. and see the ortho surgeon Mon. to see if I need yet a third surgery. :(
Even if I dont need surgery on this, I will have to endure physical therapy in my home for a good while. This is a very rare injury and I don't even know what happened back in the first part of May when the symptoms started (started as pain near the groin area on the left side, and going down the thigh). At this point, I cannot walk, almost any, and certainly can't go up and down steps or anything like that.
The doctors first diagnosed illiopsoas muscle injury, so I was doing physical therapy on that, but the problem kept getting worse.

I am requesting prayers and guidance for the doctors, because this situation has gone from bad to worse and is incredibly painful to boot. Thanks, Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Ruptured hip muscle

Postby Sonbeam on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 am

:praying:

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Lisa, May God's presence never leave you as you deal with this present set back in your life and that as God continues to draw you into His loving embrace, that you know His peace and love in all things.

In all circumstances, remember that All things bring Glory to God as He works in the mysterious to only bring forth Good.

It is not the circumstances that God is interested in, but He is interested in our response within the circumstances that we may be finding ourself in and it is that witness that bring glory to God for all others to see.

Our faith and trust in what cannot always be seen, is what others will see..

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby Exit40 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 am

:praying: :praying: :praying:

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks, all of you, for your prayers. Jay, I really appreciate the wise words you shared with me.
My body has been racked with pain for as long as I can remember now, with the RSD leading the show, so to speak.
It occurs to me that I have been brought from a very strong person to one that struggles even to walk (with crutches or my walker or in the hoveround) to the restroom. I have been made extremely weak......extremely.
That said, my spirit must continue to strive for strength, while pain can cloud and even discourage. This is a struggle at present, but I still see so many great things happening around me that I know God is at work.

My husband has had a few relapses over the course of time since leaving the rehab, but these days, he continues to blow my mind with how much he has grown up and taken over. This always needed to happen. At present (and since at least the first of May) he has cared for me like a champion race horse.....never looking back or away from what he considers the prize, which is to care for me. In my weakened state, I earnestly need it.....but it has been astonishing to see this man grow in front of my eyes the way he has. He has changed so much for the good.....and my respect for him has grown to unreal places. He is now the solid rock in our family, and I the fragile one (though my frailty is not a character issue, but a continued demise of my physical presence, which has shrunken me to a homebody who can barely move around, even in the house).

My daughter has returned home. She has been the rebellious teenager and I finally had enough, and due to my need to take care of myself, I handed her a real dose of tough love. I basically threw her out, and even had the police tell her she could not come to our house or she would be charged with trespassing (she was stealing from us). I bought a used car, put it in her name and sent her packing. Several months went by, and I know she struggled (but I knew she had a place to live and I was in touch with the woman whose house she was living at). She called recently, broken and earnestly desiring to come home. We had a long family meeting where I railed against her rebellion that demonstrated itself in various ways, and let her know that if she came back, things would have to be dramatically different. She agreed, we welcomed her with loving arms and reassured her that we always loved her, but refused to be dictated to by her....and it has been amazing. The transformation takes place daily and she is finally embracing who we raised her to be and our family. She is caring for me instead of wearing me out with more and more drama. I am so happy to see my core family finally strong, even if I, myself, am broken in a million pieces, physically.

I have been posting about my family life for some time. One member on FP referred to this as "a soap opera"....but this is what I have to share right now. I want to contribute my testimony as right now, I am unable to do much else. I am locked away in our house and dont see people a lot. I also see God moving in my family, and while slow going, it matters, and my testimony will continue to unfold here on FP, for the benefit of, if even one.

I genuinely appreciate your love and support and prayer as my journey continues.
Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Jay Ross on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 pm

You are welcome Lisa.

I recently told your story to someone else and how after stopping telling God what to do, and beginning to ask God to include those who are dear to you to be drawn into His loving embrace, and then thanking God whenever you are in a conversation with him, that He is doing just that, even though the visible evidence did not initially support the faith steps that you took.

A cousin's daughter is presently going through a "bad" divorce and the family has been asking for prayer to overcome the "ex" and his nasty instigated divorce proceedings. I recounted your story to my cousin and his wife and how after changing the way you were praying, prayer began to be answered. When you changed your requests from, "You change them Lord to fit the image of how I believe they should be like," to "Lord may they be in the number who you will draw to yourself, and thank you Lord for doing this this drawing of them to yourself, for me." I suggested that they should start to pray the same way for the daughter's "ex," and also for the daughter.

Almost immediately, there was a break through. The "ex" admitted that his submissions for divorce were designed to inflict the most pain he could on his ex wife. That he wanted to stop her from having any direct contact with their joint children was designed to hurt her and to push her over the edge.

In a way your testimony which I recounted to them has had, in my humble opinion, and impact on how they too should be approaching God within their circumstances so that His Glory can be seen.

May your choices never change from your faith in God and His wonderful works to bring about good for you and those around you.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Lisa, I am so moved by what you have said, and how you are responding to such difficult trials. The so much good that is happening in your family is so wonderful to hear. I am so glad your daughter is where she is, physically and spiritually, and also your husband.

It is amazing how God provides what we need when we need it, and it blesses me to know that you are encouraged by what you are seeing taking place. I will convey these happenings with Mary, and really the best way to do that is for her to read these posts for herself.

Father, I pray that You would heal Lisa outright. The muscle in her hip and her knees Lord, but if You choose to do it through doctors, then I pray that the physical therapy does what they hope it will do Father. If it is one step at a time, then we ask this first and we ask for a quick recovery and healing, in Jesus Name.

Always friends,
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Update to share what the doctor said:

My 3rd diagnosis....lol. Actually, the first two were without the MRI, but this one is the right one, since they did the MRI Friday. (Thank you Lord for machines that can help us see and understand the body).

So, my left hip bone is full of fluid and inflammation. That is what is wrong. My doctor said there is a lot of both (fluid and inflammation). He was stunned at how much is there and said he could see why I am in so much pain (gratifying words!!!). I will be taking oral prednisone for at least a month and am going to a special doctor who is going to give me steroids in the bone itself. To be clear, this is not bursitis, or inflammation in the ligaments between the bones, this is actually an illness going on in the actual bone itself. So, this special doctor will use an xray machine and go into the bone to inject steroids directly into the bone. My ortho surgeon said that because of how much inflammation and fluid is there, be suspects I will have to do this procedure twice, but he is confident that twice should have me all spruced up.

He also said that I am to have bedrest for the next 5 weeks. He literally said that I must stop walking as much as possible, because this is urgently required to help me get better. I am so shocked at the diagnosis, as noone ever suggested or hinted at such a thing. Also, my husband is going to have to manage our lives for the next 5 weeks which is probably good for him.....I mean that with all respect.....but he is getting stronger while I am so weak....and I pray he will continue to grow (and grow up) with this situation going on. I pray my entire family will grow and get better.

Thanks for all of your continued prayers as I get better so that I can hopefully get my two knee surgeries.....

Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

GodsStudent wrote: I have been made extremely weak......extremely.
That said, my spirit must continue to strive for strength, while pain can cloud and even discourage. This is a struggle at present, but I still see so many great things happening around me that I know God is at work.

I just want to say, I can so relate to this! I don't know how I'd say it any better,

Only to add, you will be in my prayers.

Much love!
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 am

Thanks for the beautiful responses from you guys. As I read this thread again this morning (for encouragement), I see God moving in His people, and what gets documented here is so special.
Jay, I am praying against divorce for your family members. I've seen a lot of bad in my marriage, but God is turning bad to good, and my husband and I share kisses again (lol, I know that's silly, but again, it's not silly at all!). Divorce isn't good except in the most extreme cases, and those are really rare. God can heal and mend, if we let Him.

This morning I am grateful that the machine identified the problem and I don't have to do any physical therapy....I have to rest....now to settle in for a long haul of that.....this will be difficult for me mentally (but the pain is so incredible....sigh).

My will is relief of this pain. This morning I am frustrated and overcome with it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am

This is great news Lisa, that you don’t need physical therapy, which, if they had not gotten the diagnosis wrong, may have made things worse; so we praise God for that machine indeed! That being said, this may be among the hardest trials you’ve ever faced. Just the fact of your remaining in bed or off of your feet seems like it would be a trial in itself, but with the pain?

We are believing the shots will take much of that away and make things way more tolerable, in Jesus name. Remember though, if the shots work, you may still have stay off of your feet to get better. But praise God!, this is good news.

P S I can't imagine what you must have been feeling at the idea of having to do physical therapy while being in that much pain. God is so good, and is taking care of you, with the help of your family. We are lifting up Charles as well. God gives grace in these times of need.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby mark s on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:16 am

Hi Lisa,

Waiting is hard!

Isaiah 35:1-6 (NASB)

The wilderness and the desert will be glad,
And the Arabah will rejoice and blossom;
Like the crocus
It will blossom profusely
And rejoice with rejoicing and shout of joy.
The glory of Lebanon will be given to it,
The majesty of Carmel and Sharon.
They will see the glory of the Lord,
The majesty of our God.
Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble.
Say to those with anxious heart,
“Take courage, fear not.
Behold, your God will come with vengeance;
The recompense of God will come,
But He will save you.”
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened
And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped.
Then the lame will leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the mute will shout for joy.

Much love!

Mark

ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jay Ross on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm

GodsStudent wrote:<snip>
Jay, I am praying against divorce for your family members. I've seen a lot of bad in my marriage, but God is turning bad to good, and my husband and I share kisses again (lol, I know that's silly, but again, it's not silly at all!). Divorce isn't good except in the most extreme cases, and those are really rare. God can heal and mend, if we let Him.
snip>

Lisa, what I told my cousin was to focus on God and to pray that the daughter and her divorcing husband would be included in those who He will drawn to himself and his loving embrace. Just like I told you, I also have encouraged them to begin showing that they believe and have faith in God, that God will honour their prayers for their salvation and that they will enter of their own accord in response to God 's drawing of them into His loving embrace, by thanking God that He is working on their request to draw the family members to Himself even though, they may not be able to see or perceive any evidence that this is occurring initially.

My eldest cousin, the brother of the one whose daughter is presently involved in the divorce proceedings , a number of years, also went through a divorce and, my recollection of that divorce process was that it was a dirty and nasty event initiated by my cousins family. There was much hatred for my cousin's ex wife. Their divorce was over their differences in their views concerning Israel and their stubbornness to be the right party in their views.

What I have been seeing again is a repeat of the bad behaviours that occurred with the brother's divorce.

That was why I gave them the same advice that I gave you and have prayed the same prayer that I said I would pray for you, for them, that God would draw them all to Himself and that they will willingly enter into God's warm and loving embrace and allow God to do the heavy lifting within their circumstances. I have not prayed for any other particular outcome as I know in my heart that what is best for all of the people closely involved in this present divorce proceedings is restoration of their right relationship with God. As that happens, the other things that their heart desires will be given to them.

Already there is evidence that as they hand everything over to the Lord that He is able to bring changes into all of their lives as they allow God to do the heavy lifting.

If you wish to pray for my cousin's family, then simply pray that God will draw the whole family into a better loving relationship with God, then I will be most thankful and to then please be thanking God that He has heard your prayer and is already working towards that outcome.

That is what I am doing.

Shalom

PS: - I am praising God for your improved situation and the outcome of healing that is evolving in your life and family as you are all drawn further into His loving embrace.
Jay Ross

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Wow Lisa...just wow!!!

On so many levels....wow!

I am glad that you got a definitive diagnosis that can be treated. I am also so happy to hear about your husband and daughter. I pray for you regularly. And lately I have been praying especially for healing of the health issues that cause you so much pain! There is a young man who lives around the corner from me that is struggling with pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and every time I drive past his house I pray for him and for you for healing. (I drive by there a lot).

So five weeks of immobilization, how's that going to go? I just don't imagine you sitting still for very long. Feel free to give me a call if you want to pass the time some afternoon.

So wish I could be there to come over and help you out, but since I can't I will pray that the Lord will provide all that you need to get through it. Sounds like He is on the way to fulfilling that already!

You have been through so much, you really should write it all down, while you are laid up. I have a feeling that on the other side of this struggle you are going to be handed an opportunity to share it to encourage others who suffer as you have. You are an amazing woman of faith. I know that you haven't always stood strong and have had moments of doubt, but you have grown and you have been such a testimony of endurance for me and I am sure for many others here as well.

Stay the course dear sister. The journey isn't over and there are still some storm clouds looming. But the sun is shining through. I can only imagine how hard it is for you and has been. But I am convinced that the Lord has some really awesome work for you to accomplish through all of this. I wonder if you had been in great health would your family be where they are right now? But I believe there is more to come, more blessing than you can even imagine, something wonderful I can just sense it.

So keep on casting your cares on Him, for He cares for you!

I will continue to pray as you undergo treatment and having to wait for its intended result.

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:08 am

Every day, my husband gets up and starts working, and he works all day long. If he's not doing our business job, then he's working on dinner or this morning, he started with cleaning out the refrigerator.....and filling the cats and dogs bowls with food and water, and on and on and on. I want him to stop and rest and hang out with me, but he is wise, knowing so many things are behind and need to be attended to, and he keeps going, at his pace. Me....I am not doing a whole lot. Sure, I can do our work at my desk and get bills paid and so forth, but he won't let me get up and if he see's me walking anywhere other than the restroom, he gets quite upset with me...and so I am not getting in "trouble" with him !!!!

Jay: I will absolutely pray as you requested. Your words are so wise and your faith and comfort with expressing yourself is such a blessing.

Stacey: We've been friends both on the open boards and "on the side" here on FP, so you know me well enough to have so many details. I appreciate your comments and laughed out loud when I read "WOW....just WOW!" Isn't it the truth. I am also encouraged that you say great things are on the other side of all this going on in my life.....I just can't see that the Lord would allow all this and for no good reason.....He must be transforming me in ways I can't anticipate.....and He has been there and still is on so many levels.....nothing but being still and knowing He is God is going to work here. My faith must remain strong...and when it's not, I have to work to get myself back to that place, because it's the right place and the right thing for me to do.

I love you all here on FP.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:15 am

To all of you who are offering prayers on my behalf......First and foremost, a most sincere thank you. Second, please do not stop praying, I KNOW and the Lord has expressed to my spirit that at least in part, it is the prayers of those who are offering them for me, which is giving me some of the results I can see are happening with me.

The shot in my bone was no big deal at all. I thought it would really hurt....truth is, getting my blood drawn hurts about the same....so, literally, no big deal at all.

I am starting to feel better....Thanks be to God and the willing saints who pray to Him on my behalf and the doctors !!!! I know I have a long way to go as all the muscles around the bone hurt deeply and that won't pass overnight, even though they are healing as I type. The bone is still very unhappy, and if I turn on that side while I sleep, when I wake up, it's the worst thing in the world......breaking the habit of sleeping on the sides is so hard. I try, but it's been my "thing" all my life.
The worst pain is the morning. Everything hurts relentlessly in the morning, but as I get going, I feel better.
Funny, I will sit for a while and everything will get settled down, and then I gotta get up for something (restroom, drink, etc).....then I start at zero again, back in pain, and gotta get settled and things calmed down again....but......and this is huge...... I am having very low pain moments now....and less pain moments now.....and when I thought about it, the Lord specifically brought the prayers of the saints to mind and said that these are working on my behalf....isn't that cool? That has never happened at least in my life.....when the Lord specifically told me that those praying for me are what is making such a big difference for me.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Praise the Lord Lisa! It is so awesome to witness God at work.

I recall when I started to feel better after my bout with daily pain. It was weird, sometimes I would get up and do something and not even notice right away that I wasn't in pain, then it would hit me....wow I just did that without pain for the first time in years. It's a weird thing to experience when you are so accustomed to pain every moment of the day, and I pray it becomes your new normal, more and more each day, until the pain becomes the abnormal thing.

You have my continued prayers and friendship.

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Stacey: It's so cool to hear you talk about your experience. That is the thing....yes, I still have severe at times pain, and moderate, but the most astonishing this is those moments when I realize the pain, and notice it's not all that much in that moment. I mean all of it....the entire body....RSD, hip and muscles thing.....I hesitate to think that the RSD pain is subsided right now, because that's supposed to be with me for life....but at times, it is.....at times, comparatively speaking, I am feeling half or less of what has been my normal for as long as I can remember...and ....I didn't expect or think that was supposed to be happening at any point.

I just cooked some box mac and cheese and was up too long, and so I realize I need to stay in the boundaries given to me as much as possible, because if I get up too much, it's going to be bad again....but for now....I am not feeling anything near the norm when it comes to pain. I am astonished and so grateful for all of your prayers.

and Stacey: ditto on prayers for you and my great pleasure to call you a friend. Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Whichever one of you quit praying, please unquit....it was working.

LOL

Just kidding you guys!

Seriously, thank you for your continued prayers. I am having some good days inbetween the pain days. Last night, I told my husband that I didn't even want to take my pain medicine, because I was feeling good enough to not need it. I have to take it, though, since I've been on it so long, my body is physically addicted to it, even if my heart isn't. I did take as minimum of an amount as I could to stave off the body reacting to not getting it, and I was thrilled for the chance to be able to say I didn't need it.....that means progress!!! Yippie!!!
That said, today I woke up and I had rolled over on the left side while sleeping, and I wanted to take double the pain medicine (lol, but I didn't....translated, it means I was in some serious pain!). I have to find a way to keep myself from turning in my sleep, because the pain is unbearable when I wake up. I am taking large doses of muscle relaxers and gabapentin, and both of these literally knock me out and down on the floor.....So, when I do fall out so hard, I don't realize I have turned on my side.
Anyone have a suggestion as to how to keep me from turning on my side while asleep? I guess pillows might work, but I am wondering if anyone knows of a better idea?

Again, everyone who is and has offered prayers for me....A genuine heartfelt thank you to you!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Becoming reconciled to the possibility of daily pain and debilitation due to pain and weakness, well, I have to keep in mind, the one who serves, with the strength God provides. And if God is not at the moment providing me with the strength, that's just the way it is, and I have to trust God that what needs to get done will somehow be done.

This from a guy who for all my life has been one to just spring to and do whatever is needed, for as many hours as needed. but not now. Maybe later. I'll have to see what the Lord has in mind.

But I know he is using this to bring righteousness into my life.

Much love!

Mark

mark s

Postby burien1 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:31 pm

burien1

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 am

Thinking of you today Lisa, and wondering how you are doing. Was praying for you last night as I couldn't sleep that you would sleep well and wake feeling good.

Stacey (RT)
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:54 am

Hi Stacey: Today is a bit difficult for me. Yesterday they did a procedure in PT that was supposed to help stop the muscle spasms and make me feel better, and I think it provoked my RSD in a really bad way. I was exhausted last night when I went to bed, but ended up watching the sun come up. I am in a process right now....and today, Im quite upset with the process.
You are so sweet to be thinking of me and well wishing in addition to your prayers for me. I am tired and impatient with feeling bad all the time, so I think I need rest and objectivity....not sure how to get either right now....but will pray for peace and try to rest.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 am

Praying for your peace. I know that physical issues can also wear you down mentally. Take it easy.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I went to bed this afternoon, again.....knees, both of them, swollen so badly, and aching in ways I cannot express. Also, my hips, both sides now, ache. Then, there is the muscles that are leading from my hips to my knees....the left side has been unrelenting for so many months now, and the right has decided to join the pain spectrum more. So, from both hips down both legs, and even below the knees and to the feet, I have unrelenting pain. The only thing that alleviates it, honestly, is resting, and it's hard to do that and pay bills.....so I struggle.....I pray.....I wonder what does this mean.....is it the end for me and when will the end come, for I wake each day in this state, and retire much the same, not getting better, really, but not getting worse, too much either.
Im in a desert of sorts in my life and after getting angry with the Lord and refusing to talk to Him for some time, I have been trying again to do that. I am lost as to where I go from here, but certainly I know that I am not in a good place if I am at odds with my Father, because He doesn't do my will, and I don't seem to know His in all of this.

I did call my insurance company today and asked to be sent to a place like Duke where I can get collaborative care. They gave me a number to a division in the company that I need to call next for a case manager. I didn't have the will or the strength to face it today, and I didn't feel well enough to deal with anything else, so I went back to bed.

David's extremely compelling post enabled me to at least cry and cry out. I know his pain and frustration....we don't agonize over the same things, but certainly, deeply compelling matters....those that seem to overtake our lives....cause me to look at the Lord and wonder why He doesnt rescue me....save me......speak to me......speak strongly to my circumstances.....
I must find a way to count it all joy....and there is much joy to be had, for this husband of mine has become quite a super hero in my eyes. My respect and appreciation for his ways of handling these circumstances of ours.....astonishing me, frankly. I worry for my daughter, because I am so dispondent at this time....but I can express my love for her, and this does her so much good.....and I give her to the Lord in my absence as a mother who can readily interact and be involved in her life.

I continue to request you all bathe my family in prayer. We certainly need your prayers to help carry us through this troublesome time in our lives. This isn't just about me....and sometimes I focus on my own condition without mentioning those in my home who are also greatly affected by all of this.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:01 am

I know how hard it is to stay focused on Jesus when we are suffering physically, or grieving, or feeling total despair from being in a pit too long. But that is what we must do to get through what we are suffering.

It is just too easy to tell each other that Peter walked on water till he focused on the storm around him, instead of focusing on Jesus. Because we all forget that again, and again, and again. But that is what we must do.
He is right there with us, but we are focused on our troubles. We need to look to the cross and his suffering upon it for us in every storm we are in. His disciples focused on the problem of feeding a crowd. He fed that crowd.

I don't talk much about what I am going through. I have just been hurt too many times to ever open up to anyone but the Lord. And yes I know that is a major fault. But I can certainly pray fervently for you Lisa, and others that I love. The one drawback to our little church family here is that I can't bring you a meal. Or clean your home or do your grocery shopping. Or even bring you flowers even though that is what would be in my heart to do. Or most of all, just hug you tightly as I would my child.

Just remember you are never alone in your suffering. The Lord is right there with you. It is times like these that we have to make sure we are reading his word every single day. Even when we are feeling anger at Him. And pray !
I long for the day when my faith is so strong, I won't be going around that mountain anymore. Days like today where I have a migraine that has not let up since last night, and I have to visit a dying man in the hospital who is not saved, on top of back , neck, hip, and eye problems there is no end to. I just ask the Lord to hold my hand and lead me.

He never leaves us in a storm. He IS guiding us through it when we let him. He really is our shepherd.
And remember to put on the FULL armor of God. Every day

:praying: :hugs: :hugs2: :flowerz: :

P.S. A wise man once told me to always remember I am the clay in the Potter's hands. He will put me into the fire again and again. He will inspect me each time. One day He will pull me out to inspect after the fire, and he will smile because he finally sees his reflection looking back at him. I have never forgotten that.
And I never forget His suffering for me. Like children, we grow angry with our parents when we don't get what we want or we are disciplined. But focusing on His suffering on the cross, in every circumstance, reminds us of how GREAT his love for us really is.
burien1

Postby Loop on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:10 am

I don't talk much about what I am going through. I have just been hurt too many times to ever open up to anyone but the Lord. And yes I know that is a major fault. But I can certainly pray fervently for you Lisa, and others that I love. The one drawback to our little church family here is that I can't bring you a meal. Or clean your home or do your grocery shopping. Or even bring you flowers even though that is what would be in my heart to do. Or most of all, just hug you tightly as I would my child.

Ditto on this... Praying for you and your family... :hugs:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:36 am

Dearest Yeshua,

You are amazing! I read the testimony unfolding in Lisa's family and I just smile at Your faithfulness. The battle is raging onward Lord and we can all see You working in their lives. They are tired though. Please Lord, give them some reprieve from the pain. I pray for Lisa that she will settle down and rest, even when she wants to do other things. If that is what it takes for her nerves to calm down and chill out, park her. Help her to be still Lord. Literally. I pray she can find something to do while reposing. Open up a door of opportunity that will encourage and motivate her, even in her current situation. Surround her with much love and encouragement. Help her family to continue to grow stronger together and united in love and understanding. Healing would be such a wonderful thing. Your will be done Lord. Strength for this day. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 am

Praying for you often Lisa, and for your family.

Lord I pray for my dear sister in Christ, encourage her this day, strengthen her body, and her faith in You. Thank You for the amazing work You are doing in her husband's life, may he continue on that path in his own healing. Thank you for using this trial to grow him.

Work in Lisa's body for healing, if there is anything that her Doctors may be missing, please bring it to the forefront. Wash over Lisa with your love. Bring others along side her to help where help is needed, Provide for her and her family financially.

Bless Lisa Lord, carry her through this day and the next.

In the name of Jesus

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby mark s on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:54 am

Hi GodsStudent,

I got a 3" memory foam mattress topper and then had to add a memory foam pillow, but the net result is that I tend to sleep flat on my back without too much moving around.

When I don't sleep right, my neck nerve pinches, and, let's just say I get it about your pain, and I so wish that you did not need to endure it, yet I so believe that the difficulty in the giving speaks towards the value of the gift, and that all that God does is to give more of Himself to us.

The memory foam has been mostly effective in preventing major incidents. Maybe it can help you.

Much love!
Mark
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm

It is astonishing to me how much the relationships of us....our group of online believers....both means to me and impacts me. I have never met any of you (knowingly at least), yet I know all of you and have for a long time. It MEANS SOMETHING to me when you all respond to me and my struggles here on this thread as well as everywhere else on this board. I tend to avoid people in my physical life. I dont call them often....I HATE to talk to them, because my story is always the same....I am locked up in my house, don't see anyone, dont go anywhere but to about a million doctor appointments....and so I haven't got much to report to them....so I hate to talk.....but on here, I talk up a storm, lol.

Burien1....your post literally brought me to tears. You are such a special sister. I need to get to praying for you right away. Oh, and I dont know if you've tried essential oils for your migraines, but I am surprised at how they do with my aches and pains, and I have seen several recipes for migraine sufferers. My husband doesn't like it too much, since I keep our room smelling like a peppermint tree....but he likes me more....thank goodness!!!

Everyone's comments and prayers here are so thoughtful and much appreciated. Mark, I do have a great bed and the guest room has several toppers....and my recliner is sometimes my only friend, lol.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Saw my ortho docs today. We have a plan.
The left hip is not getting better....now the right hip is going down.....fluid and inflammation. Muscles in both legs are locked tight....way too tight.
So, the plan is for me to do SERIOUS rest until 9-26, when they will replace my left knee and hopefully straighten that leg some. The rest is to help the muscles in the legs calm down so that I can do the PT after the knee surgery.
After that surgery, we will be able to determine what comes next. My hip doc says he thinks I will have to add a left hip replacement before replacing my right knee...but we won't know until after some time and after the left knee is done (and straightened out, which is a big part of the problem).

So, if you're praying for me, please ask that the muscles be restored in both legs to give me an opportunity to do better with the PT after my 1st knee surgery.
Please pray that the Lord restore both of my hip bones so that I dont have to have surgery on them now, too.
Please pray that the straightening of the left knee will give me so much relief that I can recover from all of this, even though my doctors feel I am in for 3, if not 4 surgeries.

Please pray for me to be filled with courage to go through all of this, because I would rather throw the towel in, even though I want to live.....I am just so tired of being in pain and being cooped up....and I've got a long way to go, yet.

Again, I thank you all for your prayers and just feel so grateful that we all have this site to come to and fellowship at!!!
Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:40 pm

will do Lisa!

:hugs:

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:58 am

burien1

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi Lisa,

Wondering how you are doing? Continuing to pray for you.

Wondering about your daughter too.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 am

Hi RT: Thanks for asking. My daughter is doing great lately. She was hospitalized for a week, got some new meds, which seem to help her regulate very well, and as a result, she is functioning good for her. That said, she will always have the mental illness, so it will be up and down.

I am doing as well as I can. I decided to skip the 4 surgeries. The doctor cancelled my 1st knee surgery and I was glad he did, because with my CRPS, the latest information is that unless it's life or death, we should not get cut for anything. I was facing 4 major surgeries (both knees/both hips). I am using a hoveround in the house more, so that my groin muscles can heel some, but walking reinjures it every time, so I am not and have not gotten fully better.
I still work every day, with the pain, because my husband and I need to open up a retail store in order to draw more income. There is a lot of legwork with this, and it's hard on me.....life is hard....but I am hanging in there.
Again, thank you for asking.
I sent you two emails (on our not FP emails) and never heard back from you???
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Lisa I never got your emails which is very odd.
hm?????

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 am

Hi Stacey: I replied to your pm (as you know) and am glad we're working on our outside email stuff....I have really wondered over the past few months why you weren't responding to my emails....which is why I sent the second email to the first, with yet another no response....glad I mentioned it here.

As to my health...I really never did feel comfortable with the surgeries, even though everything about my situation says I need them all. They are quite intrusive and my body just doesn't seem up to it (specifically the RSD has my nerves and muscles so overwhelmed that I didn't feel like these surgeries would address or attempt to address that, and that was actually overriding the other disabilities). I never could "make peace" with the surgeries....both knees and both hips....as I felt threatened by them for some reason.....like they wouldn't accomplish what we hoped they would accomplish.

I am sitting still for now, waiting on the Lord to give me a vision of what is right, and so far, it hasn't transpired. I believe it hasn't transpired because my muscles and groin still need to get stronger, which they are, as I rest and work and time passes. I got so far down that had I dont surgery, I would be starting to recover from a very, very, very bad place. I didn't feel strong enough or well enough to undertake that first surgery, which I knew would be hard on anyone, let alone someone who had so many other troubled spots going on.....

I wanted to better explain my thinking and why I just stopped with the surgeries.....because I know it seems not to make a lot of sense given how hard I was trying to encourage myself to just do it. If I get well enough that I feel like I can do it, I will go back to the surgeon and start with the most crooked leg, which is the left one. If not, I will continue to take each day and my symptoms....all in stride...and try to care for my body as best I can.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Thanks for the update Lisa, as always I will continue to hold you up in prayer. You sure have been through the wringer. It is good to see that your faith remains true in Christ and that you are able to keep going despite it all. If there is anything more specific you would like me to pray for, let me know, either PM me or email if we can figure that out.

(I sent you a PM regarding the email situation.)

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:03 pm

I want to thank you for the update as well. Continuing to pray
sacredcowbasher

Return to Prayer Requests