my knees are gone

my knees are gone

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:28 am

I dont know if I've posted here that I have severely crooked knees, but even though Im youngish (50), I was having a lot of trouble with pain in my legs and knees and after MRIs found out the meniscus were shred to pieces in both and I am 100% bone on none in both....so off to the knee surgeon last December. We scheduled my surgery for January and then I found out the house I was living in was developing serious foundation issues, so we had to move in Feb....for that reason I put off my knee surgery. I gave myself time to get set back up in a new house, but something really bad happened. My knees got so bad that now I literally cannot control my legs and am in severe around the clock pain. The pain coming from knees has activated the RSD in my spine and from my mid L4=L5 region of my spine and all the way down my legs I am in pain like nothing I have ever known. It's the most severe I've ever encountered.

My pain mgt. dog is setting up a new practice as he split from his usual group June 1. I cant get an appt. with him to get help.
The knee surgeon who is doing my knees is booked solid. For the past few days I've tried to call and can't even get a return call (I have a nurse friend who said they are extremely slammed right now, as this friend runs the OR where this surgeon practices).

I am getting overwhelmed by the pain and literal lack of ability to walk. Please offer prayers with me and for me, if you feel inclined. I really need them.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: my knees are gone

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:39 am

:( :praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby mark s on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:03 am

Praying for you, GS.

I've had that kind of pain before. Hold on for the gift.

Much love, and much prayer!

mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jericho on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 am

Will do, Lisa. :praying:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:40 pm

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Loop on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:33 pm

:hugs2: :praying: :praying:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 pm

I’m sorry Lisa that it is so bad. My heart goes out to you. We will pray for healing and if God chooses to use Doctors, then we pray for expedited care.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

:comfort: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :praying: :comfort:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby bugtussle on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am

Lisa, I will be in prayer with you and for you believing for your healing and deliverance along with Sacredcow.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 am

Thank you all for joining me in prayer for relief. I have gotten an appointment for the 21st with the knee surgeon's PA. I have requested the office manager try to find me a sooner appointment and when she gets back in next week (vacation), hopefully that will happen.
This not being able to walk and when I do, being in 10 out of 10 on the pain chart has undone me and my life. It is like when I had my spine injury and surgery back in 2012. I wasn't expecting this to get so bad, and am quite shocked it has. I am ok....(just ok not good) when I sit, but when I go to stand, the pain is extremely intense. Then, each step is grueling. I regret not sticking with the surgery schedule, but I had to move, and knee surgery and moving just don't work together.
Life can be so tricky and hard.

Please continue to pray for relief from the pain and also, my groin muscle left side is pulled as a result of this "stuff" and I am prayerful that this muscle will resolve so that when I do get the surgery, I am not hampered by that issue, too.

Much love to all of you....I cannot believe how much I feel like I know and love all of you given I haven't actually met any of you (to my knowledge). My FP family is actually important to me.....picture that....an internet family.....Growing up, had you told me that this would be what it was like at this age in my life, I'd have never believed it. I lived a good deal of my life "pre internet" and could have never conceived such a thing! :alrighty:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

You can count on prayers from me. Wish I was closer to you, so I could help you out some. I know you have some other big issues on your plate too. I will pray as you have asked.

Stacey
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Jay Ross on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:54 am

You say your knees have gone. For :mrgreen: walkies, maybe?
Jay Ross

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

:clap: :lol:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am

Jay Ross wrote:You say your knees have gone. For :mrgreen: walkies, maybe?

:lol:

Love it!

And still praying for you GS!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Wondering how the appointment went?

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi RT: Well, the knee appointment went great...got scheduled for end of Sept. to do 1st knee surgery....THEN the bottom fell out, so to speak. I had been feeling a lot of pain in my legs and even large muscle groups in back and so forth, and it kept getting worse and worse....I was thinking it was my knees making the rest of me hurt until it got to the point that I could not walk. Different doctors, based on what I was describing, diagnosed different things and wanted me doing physical therapy for these muscle groups, but when I tried, the issues went from bad to worse to horrendous....so I got an MRI and we found something totally unexpected going on with the left hip bone. Now I am getting lots of steroids and bed rest for 5 weeks and we'll see about the knee surgery. I can't have the knee surgery until I am released to do so by the hip surgeon........lol and sigh and seriously???? !!!!!

Here's a thread on the hip issue.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=74004
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests