Ellen at the doctor's office

Ellen at the doctor's office

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 am

So yesterday they had an amber alert for a child and the traffic on the interstate was completely stopped for 3 hours as the police searched vehicles and people to find this baby. I was on the way to dr. when I got in this gridlock. I called the doctor's office and got Ellen on the phone. The first time, I told Ellen I was still coming and traffic may break and I would be late, but there. The second time, Ellen unloaded on me (the Spirit of God compelled her)...and as I sit in traffic, not moving, Ellen and I became friends, and clearly, I have a new assignment from the Lord.

You see, Ellen's husband of 17 years is not living with her at this time, because he is caught up in his addiction (sound familiar to my story????). We learned we have so much in common, and Ellen is a believer who is believing the Lord will help restore her covenant marriage, but she is sticking with the Lord now, albeit frustrated about her circumstances.

I asked her to call me and promised to put her needs out here for all of us to pray for. I told her we need to get her in the frame of mind where she is looking for the Living God every day in her life, because He will be there as He was and is with me. He is such a great comforter and companion in our times of loneliness and fear.......

Please pray for Ellen and her husband and their children. May the Lord show His Will and strengthen all of them.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Ellen at the doctor's office

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 am

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Wed May 30, 2018 11:14 am

:praying: God is mighty and will do it! It was a perfect appointment by God for you in particular to minister to her...God will answer mightily! :praying:

:banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Wed May 30, 2018 11:28 am

shorttribber wrote::praying: God is mighty and will do it! It was a perfect appointment by God for you in particular to minister to her...God will answer mightily! :praying:

:banana:

I know, right? We all know that I've been posting on this for a very long time with my own circumstances and I've learned so much that I can share with another believer as she goes through this. Also, I was not doing anything but sitting in a car literally not moving more than inches and she just erupted with all this stuff ......as if she couldn't hold it any longer....and look at who she erupted to.......God is SO COOL....and He loves us.....and assigns certain people to us, because we can honestly relate and help and share......this was such a great assignment and I am eager to walk the journey of my new friend with her.......
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 am

This is wonderful!

ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby burien1 on Wed May 30, 2018 1:14 pm

I believe some of our trials prepare us to more deeply empathize with those who go through similar trials. Our God shows us time and time again, that He knows what he is doing when he allows our trials.

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Amazing and beautiful
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:20 pm

I think the most amazing thing to me, which has been proven time and time again in my walk and trials of the past few years is that our Lord is truly the Living God....the here and now God.....
I, along with many other believers, have been discouraged from time to time because the Lord hasnt addressed a certain thing or set of things in my life and I begin to believe that He just isn't involved with us....."that much."

In the past few years, He has shown up in my life.....I've seen Him in the things He does, the people He sends my way to encourage or to share for encouragement and strengthening......He is truly the Living...the Here and Now.....Lord of Lords.

I have become so emboldened to pray more, look up more, praise Him more......and worry is not, almost constantly, a part of my life anymore....because I am positive He is right here with me, in the here and now.....and if I call on Him.....that's all I gotta do....and at the right time, because His time is so perfect......He will respond. He doesn't always respond in the way I'd like (meaning I want healing from this absurd physical pain I carry around with me every day).....but I know there are reasons for this which are beyond my understanding.....and I know because of what I've experienced, that I do not need to doubt or mistrust or carry resentment that He isn't my genie in a bottle.....He is the Lord.....so much more than me...and anything known to me......and He cares about me and shows up in my life every day......we are all so blessed to have Him and access to Him in prayer.....it's a beautiful life when lived in the context that He prescribed for us.....to live it with Him at every turn.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Yes, yes, yes!
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Will pray for Ellen... so glad that the Lord allowed your paths to cross so that you could encourage her. Got to love those "divine appointments" :grin:

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:36 am

Please pray that as Ellen and I continue to talk, the Lord will provide me with the conversation and information that would be useful for Ellen. She really is a sweet lady and like her, I believe the marriage covenant is critical to all of us.....so if there be a way for her and her husband to reunite, I hope they can.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:21 am

GodsStudent wrote:Please pray that as Ellen and I continue to talk, the Lord will provide me with the conversation and information that would be useful for Ellen. She really is a sweet lady and like her, I believe the marriage covenant is critical to all of us.....so if there be a way for her and her husband to reunite, I hope they can.

We will pray for that exactly. :a3:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Return to Prayer Requests