Monster Storm/Bomb Cyclone

Monster Storm/Bomb Cyclone

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:09 am

Please pray for those affected by this storm along the northeast coast. Over 1 million are without power and the temperatures are freezing.

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Monster Storm/Bomb Cyclone

Postby burien1 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:28 am

And thank you. It was bad. God brought me and my little home through. Just need some electric and heat, but I am not complaining.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 am

Having been through more than my share of power outages due to hurricanes, I can empathize with those who are experiencing that storm today.

Glad to know you're alright, burien1 and pray you will keep warm until the power goes back on.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:57 pm

No electric yet , for me and others. 29 degrees tonight. At least it is too warm for my pipes to freeze. But it is a bit chilly. :(
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Electric yet, burien1? Worried about you.... :(
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 am

Estimated time for electric repair is mudnight of the 8th. But they will not work in strong winds, and that is what we are expecting. So cold inside I can see my breath in the air. My kerosene heater won't work. I go sit in my car to charge phone and warm up when I get chilled to the bone.
I am reading a commentary on Ephesians and this cold reminds me of everything Paul went through as he wrote those letters to the churches.
We take so much for granted here in this country.
Thank you for asking, and for your prayers, Abiding.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:56 am

Just saw this thread.

Burien1, just wow....I listened to a man on the news yesterday whose inside house temps were in the low 40s....and it really brought home what all of you are going through up north. I am also concerned about Resurrection Torchlight, as she lives up that way, too....far north, I think.

I am keeping you all in prayer and sent up a special prayer for you, sister. It sounds really cold. If you could drive, I'd invite you to my house, but Im sure the conditions won't permit you to leave.....but if they do.....come on down to SC and we'll treat you to some heat and good hospitality!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Thanks for the invite , Lisa. I was ready for some heat.
The electric came back on an hour ago. Help came from out of state and saved us all. Lol. They got it back up right as the sleet was starting. Crazy weather. I don't ever remember Maryland having a NorEaster that bad. We will catch the end of hurricanes as they turn into tropical storms, and that is what this was like.

It was up to 81 degrees out a few weeks back. Several days in the 70's. I have lost electric for a week at a time in September when it is still warm out. This was miserably cold. And being in the dark woods, it was even colder. It was so cold, nothing in my freezer unthawed. :eek:

When I saw the out of state electric crews out on the road, I literally cried with relief.
I am almost unthawed now, but not quite.
Thanks for praying. Thanks to all who prayed. :hugs2:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

:hugs:

Thank God! And thank you burien1 for letting us know that you're ok and have electric again!

Your mention of the gratitude you felt when you saw the crews that came to help reminded me of a story I read in our local paper about one man who was so grateful for the work the out-of-state crews did for us. He was eating in a seafood restaurant where there was a large number of workers eating their lunch. He paid for all their meals which totaled about $275.00! He was wealthy and owned his own very lucrative business but what a generous gesture!

I empathize with your tears of relief at the sight of crews arriving to help. I also empathize with your effort to stay warm in your car....only I was in mine to stay cool! Thank God for cars with heat and air, huh? :wink:

Looks like the storm is moving out of the DC area so I hope you can resume a normal way of life now....
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 am

I am in Northeast maryland, so we are still getting the latest storm. Right now, it is a very wet snow. started last night, then turned to rain, now snow again. But thank God the winds won't get as strong. The gusts will only be 50 mph. That is enough to knock us back out, but I'm hopeful and praying it won't. Another tree fell over this morning across the upper part of my driveway. Thank God it missed hitting anything like the others.
Comcast is intermittent as well. Hopefully it will stay on now. :grin:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 am

Checking on you today, burien1....hopefully you've still got heat and can get out to the road if you need to. I haven't followed the weather/snow forecast yet today.

Let us know if you can, ok?
:hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:48 pm

Yes Abiding. Getting back to normal here. The snow is almost all melted already. And the wind was not as bad here as they said it would be. Thank God. :bowing:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

Thank you for the update! Happiness is "getting back to normal." :banana:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 am

Normal . . . a setting on the dryer . . .
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 pm

mark s wrote:Normal . . . a setting on the dryer . . .

I hope you are not being tumbled dried at the moment. It could be a bit uncomfortable. :mrgreen:
Jay Ross

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Jay Ross wrote:
mark s wrote:Normal . . . a setting on the dryer . . .

I hope you are not being tumbled dried at the moment. It could be a bit uncomfortable. :mrgreen:

:laugh:

It does get uncomfortable . . . how did you know??
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for taking care of our brothers and sisters in this storm. Thank You for the return to normal. Thank You for electric dryers! Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests