We were victim of fraud

We were victim of fraud

Postby bluejay on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:11 am

Late the other night my husband told me there are weird with drawls from our checking account. Wondered if I knew what they were. It was all the way from August. Little at a time then more money and more often. I called the bank next morn. They were able to trace where it was from. To my shock they named our son-in-law! We had freeze our account, figure out any incoming bills. Its a real mess when this happens... :cry: They say they can only give back the last 60 days of money. They send it to fraud and they call us. How to I tell my daughter? I wanted to wait in person. But that night I told her cause he was complaining to her about she need to pay him back for some expenses!! Well she was angry. He admitted to it. Being Mormon, first thing one does it go to the bishop. He told her that if he don't own up to it, take his time in jail. Lies about it. Goes to us telling us he is sorry.. meaning it. Then the marriage is over. His parents call me and wanted to pay us off. Not to press charges. I told his dad its not us pressing charges. It is the bank. He wanted to talk to the bank. I explained what is done is done. There is no one to talk to. My daughter has decided to leave him. He was making excuses why he did it and he tried to but the blame on her to his parents. Reminding you he is 41 years old! She is going to the Temple to close their ceiling. She has to find a place, they bought a car together but her name is not on it but used her van-$3,000 as trade in. It's a real mess. This guy has mental issues and his mom and dad is flying down to take him to the doctor. The mental crazy thing. But he is smart, he knew what he was doing. He will not work. Tricia is on disability and watches a couple kids from church to help pay bills. She needs prayers. This guy stole a used check off of my husbands desk. We feel invaded. Angry at him, how can you be this low? He will be strip of his recommendation from the LDS. Unless Mommy and Daddy gets him out of it. But please pray for my daughter she has to find an affordable place, for her and 3 kids. For all of us to forgive and move on.
Last edited by bluejay on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluejay

Re: We were victim of fraud

Postby burien1 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:22 am

:praying: for all of you.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 am

Wow what a mess, I can't believe His parents are trying to bail him out! He'll just do it again. How about let him deal with the consequences and learn his lesson. I tell my kids, if you ever break the law or end up in jail I won't pay one penny to bail you out or pay fines.

Prayers for you and your daughter. Maybe she'll be better off without him.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby bluejay on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:53 pm

I totally agree. My husband and I have always told our kids the same thing, you break the law don't call us. My kids fortunately was always like myself even in school. Was afraid of the authority, so then you respect the laws. My daughter feels so guilty that her husband did this. We told her it was not her fault. She wasn't the one sitting at the PC paying bills with our account. We assure her of our love and do not hold her responsible for this act. She found print outs of receipts of his bill pay with our bank account # and there is the date and time even! I will hold this for the fraud dept. to show it was done on purpose. How stupid he copied his stealing! This was not just a normal bank it was a Federal Credit Union. I heard they will go after them. We don't have to press charges. We have learned a lot. My husband always thought checks were safer then a debit card. Any cashier can copy your name, bank's name, Route # and account # and hit your bank to pay their own bills. I would never of even thought of doing this act. But again those thoughts don't even cross my mind. Tricia said as broke as she has been at times, stealing never cross her mind. It was getting a job and doing it the honorable way. For almost 37, this young women has been through so much. My brother and a friend is trying to find housing for her and the kids to get out of the house. He has an abusive side to him on top of it. She is talking to someone about filing separation and maybe divorce. She has been told she could file for divorce once the charges are made. He will have not rights to anything. The only thing that is problem is they recently bought a car with her trade in, the car is in his name. But she was told there are ways around that. Plus if his parents is paying a fortune to get him out of trouble. This divorce thing may be too much to deal with. Thank you for your prayers. Life seems never to be a dual moment.
bluejay

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm

I’m sorry for what your daughter is going through. Stealing is a terrible sin, but to me the abusive side of him is worse. It is one thing to forgive stealing and he promises to never steal again. The abusive side of him is not as easy to forgive. I think she has a right to let him go spiritually before God because he abuses her. It could be that God will turn this tragedy into something good as He often does. The devil meant it for evil, but God means it for good. Maybe your daughter will be free from a bad person, and hopefully come out of the Mormon religion as well.
:praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

What a mess! Please guard their hearts through the days ahead and protect them from bitterness. Bring the right authorities on earth to help them through the physical and emotional ravages this has caused. Thank You for Your provision through it all. Thank You for bringing this deception to light. Thank You for helping this man get some help for his problems. Please encourage the family today and help them trust You through it. Amen
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests