My daughter Tricia

My daughter Tricia

Postby bluejay on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

We got a situation that makes us all nervous. Tricia has been on disability for like 10 years. She has chronic mental illness and has most of her life. She has an associate degree in mental health area. She has tried to work off and on and she ends up in the hospital for mental break downs. She just can't take stress, she has anxiety issues also. So it's not like she is abusing the system. She had tried again the last few years. But it just don't work out. Then she got sick and it went into congestive heart failure. A new struggle. Recently she got a notice from the disability dept that they want her in at a Holiday Inn next Sunday. They have no record of her past, just wants to see her for what she is today. I'm going with her. The medical insurance is what is keeping her live for her heart problems. She will loose her doctor if she can't keep SS. She will need to get a lawyer and then there is the cost. If she looses this disability. Please pray for her and that this person "Doctor" has a heart. They are getting paid to kick people off. :cry: Thank you!
bluejay

Re: My daughter Tricia

Postby mark s on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Praying!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:32 pm

:praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Praying for her!
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 pm

The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Why do they want to see Tricia on Sunday? That is weird. Anyway, if it is legit, pray every day that you can represent her as her advocate. When I tried to get disability years ago I was refused twice. I only wanted it for one year while I was going through the Charity hospital system. I was scheduled for two operations and they came slow and spaced apart.

Be prayed up in this sense: When they ask Tricia questions, don’t play down the problems and difficulties. I’m not saying play them up, but be honest and engaged in the conversation. Don’t treat anyone like they are against you. The negativity created by this will work against you, not only because of human nature, but it will keep you from being passionate and engaging about the conditions your daughter is facing.

They need to be able to see clearly what she is going through. Don’t feel funny about repeating yourself over and over if necessary, not out of anger, but to make things clearer. Look to Jesus throughout the process and don’t get angry or frustrated. If you feel led, write down some of the points you want discussed or to be made known. If you have medical records showing Tricia’s medical condition, bring them with you in a binder of some kind. Don’t bring so much that you can’t find what you are looking for. Bring a list of her medications. If she has documents regarding the reason why she was let go from employment, bring that as well. Organize your binder into groupings, like work related together, medical together, so that it is easier to get to it.

It may be better if all the papers that you have are copies of the original papers so that you can offer them the information.

When I went to the preceding, there were individuals from several professions present. The judge led everything, but others asked questions as well. I had a lawyer with me that took on clients who would possibly win judgements. If we didn’t win the decision, the firm representing me did not require payment, it was free.

Will be praying that things go according to God’s will, which to me means that she gets financial help.

As far as your daughter getting better, she needs to KNOW that God loves her, Jesus loves her. She needs to be convinced of this, then she needs to spend time in His word. If she has a distorted view of the Father, reading the word might be painful. That is why she must believe that He loves her, which by the way is the truth. Even if she doesn’t like her self very much, if she KNOWS that God LOVES her, she will be comforted. It will ease the anxiety.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am

Prayers for your daughter.....

Please let us know how it goes.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby keithareilly on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Praying for you.

Take a copy of her records with you.
keithareilly
Supporting Member

Postby bluejay on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am

Thank you for your prayers and words of comfort. Tricia had no problem getting on disability she was excepted the first try. I went with her the first time also. See she has suffered mental illness since she was young. As time went by I looked back and recognize even as a small child something wasn't right with her thoughts. We never dreamed that small kid could have depression. I can see if they were abused or the family was mal function. That was not the case. We wanted our 3 kids they each was a true gift from God. We adored our kids. We took them to church starting 2 weeks old. But my little girl.. I had this feeling of something wasn't right. I always had to give her extra attention for she need reassurance that she was loved and excepted. As a teen it got worst she was in and out of hospitals and tried to comment suicide a number of times. Once she shouldn't have lived but God spared her. Suicide runs in our family, my husband's brother took his life and he has cousins who did also. My brother took his life at 41. So when she applied I went in with her. They didn't hesitate to allow her to have it. Tricia got into an abusive marriage and her husband invited Mormons in her home and she ended up joining them. Another long story, but she was raised in a Baptist church and she walked forward as an adult, this was 1-2 years before she joined the Mormon church. She married a Mormon man. 2 months after marriage she got sick and was diagnose with CHF. Her heart function was 20%. She pretty much was preparing for a heart transplant. But moved to Tucson by us from Utah. She is going to one of the best heart doctors in US and many people were praying for her. Her heart is now 50% function. But she has a defibrillator and pacemaker. She has issues with water around the heart. But is doing well. She told me she use to want to die and now she fights to live for her kids. When this happened I thought it can't end this way.. We worked so hard and prayed so hard for her mental health.
bluejay

Postby bluejay on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:55 am

Ya we thought weird too. A hotel and on Sunday. But she double checked and its for real! The person is from out of town and was sent here for review. The paper stated that this person knows nothing of her past. He is to do a study of her... of NOW! I will have to ask her if she is allowed to bring any records with her. The letter she got had some info of what not to bring. She talked to a lawyer incase she gets a letter of denial. The lawyer said don't tell them any more then what they want to know. Don't dress up. When they ask how is your day... don't say it's great or nice. Say stressful for you. Don't smile a lot. The lawyer said she needs to get ahold of them right away after the letter for she can fight it. I know people abuse the system and she has been on for sometime. We take it they are just making sure there are no changes with her. For awhile the heart doctor took her off of her meds for depression cause it effects the heart. She wasn't seeing a doctor for it. Recently the heart doctor found a doctor to work with them for her meds. Heart trouble is tricky with meds. Maybe they don't know this either. But I will keep praying and for the right words to say. I know anger never gets you any where. Just be truthful. Her life depends on this medical insurance for this UofA heart doctor. This doctor does heart transplants. She prob eventually will need one. She will be 38 soon. Still so young.
bluejay

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:28 pm

:comfort: My heart goes out to you and your family, bluejay. Over the years I have seen you agonize about your daughter and I wish things would level out there for you, but I understand that there may always be a challenge and a pain in your heart in this area. My daughter has a personality disorder....doesn't matter which one.....but it's affected her since she was around 1 yr old, and it likely will always interfere in significant ways in not only her life, but in mine, too. It is difficult, and hurtful, always. Being the mother of that one is trying sometimes and in many different ways.

I also have several family members who, like me, have CRPS (aka RSD). Its #1 on the pain scale, and a shoe in for disability collection. Recently, my cousin was denied disability because they said he could work at a rate of 15%. Imagine that....in a 24 hour day, he can work 15% of it....and.....not all at once....on and off.....not many jobs out there that will accept someone who cant make it in the same time every morning and who have to start and stop all through the day to get something done....but according to these disability people, it's something which means he qualifies for nothing. It's sad. My cousin's wife works 2 jobs and rarely sees a day off. Of course this strains the relationship....though she (outwardly) is quite a trooper. I can see it wearing and tearing on her, though. It hurts me to see it, but I don't dare address it, because that would be prying or break the veil she struggles to keep in place. If she ever completely flips out, I pray someone will be there to help her. I also struggle to get my cousin to try to do something....accounting.....something.....but the meds. we have to take for RSD dim the brain....and also, the pain signals constantly flood the brain which affects the brains ability to be sharp, too......so.....he doesn't act...and I get it....I really do....but I also get that his wife works around the clock and it's just too much.

The government is cracking down on disability cases and unfortunately, many are losing their benefits. I resent that when I see so many families collecting other forms of benefits.....food stamps, public housing and so forth....and not a thing wrong with them....Here in my state of SC, when I worked as a volunteer to represent abused and neglected children, I saw so many people where the entire family and extended family was all on the government dole. I had to set up appts. to meet with them and they would all tell me that during the summer months, they were often down at the public pool.....so if I couldn't get them on their free government phone, I could ride down to the community center where the pool was, and they were more often than not hanging out there.....smh!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bluejay on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi, I wanted to give everyone an update on the meeting today with this dr that disability had sent my daughter to. Your prayers has really helped. I went with her and they made me stay in the lobby. But we figured it didn't hurt for them to know she had support with her. She went in and told the dr that she had to see her doctor for anxiety over this. He replied he don't understand why people are so afraid of him. :lol: She says cause my life is in you hands, any time the gov sends you out like this it can't be good news. He did have some records of her back ground and seen she has heart failure. She explained that happened a few year ago. He said of coarse that means she can't take all her meds for mental help due to the fact her heart can't take it. So the outcome was he recommends her to stay on disability and if she gets turned down it isn't cause of him. But her record shows that they don't have much mental care as seeing a doctor which she recently just started due to the heart dr sent her to one that they work with each other. So she is to call them and update that info. So she came out of the office so relieved! It turns out that this dr has no office and all he does is travel and work with these interviews. So all looks well. Tonight we are feeling blessed. :a2:
bluejay

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am

Praise God! Thank You Jesus for taking care of your people! He is a good good God.

Thank you Bluejay for having us pray for the situation and keeping us informed.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby bluejay on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

He does indeed! :a2: We celebrated by me taking my daughter and kids out to iHop. Normally she wouldn't go out cause Mormon church don't believe in going out on Sunday. They look as it's a day to go home and stay dressed up and eat at home. At first they wouldn't allow the TV even to be on. My grandkids say its a day to fight. Cause the kids are so bored. I explained truly Sabbath is Saturday, Sunday is the Day of the Lord. My husband told the grandkids... the Sabbath was made for man, not man was made for Sabbath. A day of rest. The grandkids liked that. But she was so relieved she said lets go out!
bluejay

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Thank God for freedom and good food Bluejay. Glad y’all were able to celebrate the great news. I know it is a relief to go through one of those meetings and come out with the right judgement. It’s like getting your life back almost. You can rest about that aspect of things. Now we can pray that Tricia can understand the ‘good news’ of Jesus Christ and Him crucified. May the eyes of her understanding be enlightened and may she come out of religion and into the perfect law of liberty.
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 am

:banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:11 am

Thanks for that encouraging update, bluejay! I'm rejoicing with you! :grin:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Prayer Requests