Please pray about historic books and Bibles being sold

Please pray about historic books and Bibles being sold

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 pm

Most of you already know that I restore historic Bibles and Christian books. We are really in a financial shortage since I had been scheduled too many hours at the auto parts store I had intended to only work a few hours a week at over the past year. There were so many reasons for them give me those hours but it just kept dragging on, I should have quit there I guess. Anyway, all those low wage hours took up very precious time needed in my shop to make the real money needed for us.
Now I have come to the place where I need to part with many of our books and Bibles on ebay. the buyers seem to be very few, or they are not paying the amount that many of the books should be getting. Please pray that there will be people who will begin bidding and buying the items I'm putting out there for sale.

Thank you brothers and sisters. Love and blessings to all.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Re: Please pray about historic books and Bibles being sold

Postby burien1 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:12 pm

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Jericho on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am

It breaks my heart to hear that you've got to part with your beloved collection. I shared my feelings with the Lord and also my hopes that He will make a way here......I really LOVE that you are so devoted and ambitious with your collection, and most of all that you actually use these resources that you've accumulated. Im sorry to hear you have to part with any of them, but I do know that nowadays, times are really getting tough, and we're all having to make lots of sacrifices......
healthcare has cut my family deeply.....not just the medical issues, but the cost of it. For a family of 3.....2500.00 is the cost of our new policy....self employed.....it's outrageous and tough to meet the demands being put on all of us.....
Im rambling...and off track......I just understand your difficulties, as we're having them, too....is what I wanted to share!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

Thank you all for all the prayers :grin: Got my first bid on one of them...do hate to see it go though GS...it was my oldest one...a 1585 work by Thomas Bilson. He, along with Miles Smith were the final Overseers of the 1611 KJV.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Wow ST, I can see how difficult it is to depart from such an historic and important book. I’ll keep you in prayer for getting interested buyers who can pay what is worthy of the works. Pray for us as well, we are also selling items on eBay. Some things from my parents, some from jobs, and some from just accumulating stuff. God bless
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 pm

:banana: Praise the Lord :banana: Just sold this one....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Puritan-Henry- ... true&rt=nc

And thank you SCB and Bugtussle for the very enjoyable phone fellowship today!

:banana: Again, thank you all for the prayers :banana:

shorttribber

Postby Jericho on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 am

Good news ST. :grin: :yourock: :3jump:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 am

Jericho wrote:Good news ST. :grin: :yourock: :3jump:

Thank you Jericho,
Just as an update....I have made a deal with one buyer who was inquiring about the William 1794 Young Bible I have out for sale.
The buyer has a user name of JewforJesus :grin: I messaged him about a two volume 1716 John Basket printed Bible that I have here that once belonged to "William Cooper, minister to the Jews" it has his hand written notes in it from many passages of bible prophecy. He is somewhat unknown now, but was well known as a preacher then....Thousands of Jews came to Christ under his ministry....Thousands even in a few Days! Almost early Church like!

We have made a deal on the William Cooper Bible, and some reprinted copies of some of William Cooper's sermons to the Jews in 1788! I'm very excited to have that Bible go out to be a Blessing to Jewish Christians :banana:

I will update on this later!

Also sold my 1741 Foxes Book of Martyr's

Blessings to all...please continue to pray ok?

shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Happy to hear about the recent interested buyers and sales, ST.

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Happy to hear about the recent interested buyers and sales, ST.

Isn't it neat how the William Cooper Bible is going back, along with his reprinted sermons to minister to the Jews again?

I think that's Sooooo Neat! doing a little more research on it....I found that Cooper's sermon "The Promised Seed" (Correction: it was the sermon, "Daniel's 70 weeks", not the "promised Seed") was preach on my youngest child's birthday, hundreds of years ago!

The buyer didn't have any money to work with so we did some trading and a bit if gifting... :banana:

shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:59 pm

shorttribber wrote:Isn't it neat how the William Cooper Bible is going back, along with his reprinted sermons to minister to the Jews again?

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? You may never know (until eternity perhaps) how many Jews will be blessed by your gifting and even conversions is not beyond possibility. After all, many Jews today have found Jesus through Christians who challenged them with OT books and the 300+ prophecies about Jesus.

:blessyou:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
shorttribber wrote:Isn't it neat how the William Cooper Bible is going back, along with his reprinted sermons to minister to the Jews again?

God does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? You may never know (until eternity perhaps) how many Jews will be blessed by your gifting and even conversions is not beyond possibility. After all, many Jews today have found Jesus through Christians who challenged them with OT books and the 300+ prophecies about Jesus.

i know! Exactly! it's so neat to think about what could actually come of it! I hope to stay in touch with the buyer and find out more in the future about what happens!

:banana: :3jump: :banana:

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:51 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 am

shorttribber wrote:

i know! Exactly! it's so neat to think about what could actually come of it! I hope to stay in touch with the buyer and find out more in the future about what happens!

:banana: :3jump: :banana:

Very exciting news ST! Very happy to hear of whats going on! God is soooo good! Will pray as your request :praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby mark s on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Just this morning I was reading in Ezekiel 47 about the river that flows out from the temple, and I realized, Ezekiel didn't see all the fruit trees as he was going downriver. Only when he turned back did he see all the fruitfulness from this river that flows out from the temple.

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 pm

:sheep: Always look both ways before walking on the water, because God's blessings of Faith and Love are always Behind us and Before us. :sheep:

shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 pm

mark s wrote:
Just this morning I was reading in Ezekiel 47 about the river that flows out from the temple, and I realized, Ezekiel didn't see all the fruit trees as he was going downriver. Only when he turned back did he see all the fruitfulness from this river that flows out from the temple.

Much love,
Mark

shorttribber wrote::sheep: Always look both ways before walking on the water, because God's blessings of Faith and Love are always Behind us and Before us. :sheep:

Love these statements brothers.
How are things going ST?
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:52 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:
mark s wrote:

Much love,
Mark

shorttribber wrote::sheep: Always look both ways before walking on the water, because God's blessings of Faith and Love are always Behind us and Before us. :sheep:

Love these statements brothers.
How are things going ST?

it's been kinda slow on the book sales Eddie. Gotta fire up those prayers again for me, and i'll be doing the same for you guys also ok?

Blessings :hugs:

shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Absolutely brother. He always hears us when we pray. :praying:

I believe that something good is about to happen
I believe that something good is on its way
He has promised He would open all of heaven
And brother this could be that very day!

When God’s people humble themselves and call on Jesus
And they look to heaven expecting as they pray
I believe that something good is about to ha a ap pen
And brother this could be that very day!
:hugs:
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:I believe that something good is about to ha a ap pen

I like that part of your post best....I like that song :banana:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Just wanted to share a wonderful praise report on the book and Bible sales!
I almost posted on here to please pray for us because we were, emphasized "Were" in a real financial pinch until just yesterday and today!

I mean, running on credit cards and going higher in debt!

But yesterday we sold a Bible for almost $800 and today we sold Both of our showcases with the books and the total for those two was $1,200!

So the total for just two days...when we were at our worst need was $2,000!

:banana: :banana: :banana: Praise God for his faithfulness to us! :banana: :banana: :banana:

shorttribber

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 pm

God is the greatest! Thank You Jesus!

Hey ST, thanks for sharing the great news of our great God’s faithfulness. He’s an on time God, He is Jehovah Jireh our provider. You’ve inspired me to update on my thread brother because the Lord has been good to us as well. God bless you and your family and even come into greater and greater blessings as we draw closer to His return.
sacredcowbasher

Postby shorttribber on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:God is the greatest! Thank You Jesus!

Hey ST, thanks for sharing the great news of our great God’s faithfulness. He’s an on time God, He is Jehovah Jireh our provider. You’ve inspired me to update on my thread brother because the Lord has been good to us as well. God bless you and your family and even come into greater and greater blessings as we draw closer to His return.

:a3:

Blessings and :hugs: you two

shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:38 pm

It's so awesome to live with such peace as I have acquired over the past two or so years. Literally, I do not worry and have so many things that so many people would think I was insane about not worrying about. I live with peace because He Lives and He loves us.....and He is here with each one of us that wants His involvement in our lives....and the end result is....I KNOW I am ok, here, now and in the future to come.
God IS Awesome.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests