Hurricane Irma headed toward Florida

Hurricane Irma headed toward Florida

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Since I live in SW Florida, I would appreciate your prayers for all of us here. I've lived through at least 5-6 hurricanes in 30 yrs. here, but this one is stronger than the others so it's a bit scarier. I have all the supplies I need other than plywood, but I plan to just tape the sliding glass doors to prevent shattering and the way my home is laid out, that's unlikely.

I have a propane hot water tank and my stove is also propane, so I'm able to shower in hot water and cook in the event of power outage. That's a plus imo. My son has borrowed my generator but will return it should we lose power and use it for the refrig.

I have truly wonderful, caring neighbors and we are all comfortable with asking for help if it's needed.

Thanks for your prayers!
:hugs2:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hurricane Irma headed toward Florida

Postby burien1 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:59 pm

You have been in my prayers all week. :wink:
:hugs:

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Jericho on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:22 pm

:praying: Keep us posted Abiding.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby shorttribber on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Jericho wrote::praying: Keep us posted Abiding.

:praying: Amen :praying:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:04 am

Hi Abiding, I'll be keeping you in prayer. I live in South Carolina, a little over an hour from Charleston, so like you, I am watching this thing.......
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:14 am

Praying . . . watching . . .

It sounds like a nice situation for the storm! God is so good!

Much love,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:34 pm

GodsStudent wrote:Hi Abiding, I'll be keeping you in prayer. I live in South Carolina, a little over an hour from Charleston, so like you, I am watching this thing.......

Praying for you as well, GodsStudent. The stress comes from the kind of announcements the Florida Gov. made awhile ago..."it could go north, south, east, or west...we just don't know" :eek:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 pm

God is good . . . the weather forecasters . . . not so much!

:dunno:
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Loop on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:19 pm

mark s wrote:God is good . . . the weather forecasters . . . not so much!

:dunno:

:hehe: :laugh:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Praying for you as well, GodsStudent. The stress comes from the kind of announcements the Florida Gov. made awhile ago..."it could go north, south, east, or west...we just don't know" :eek:

:lol: exactly. We are all glued to our televisions and computers checking up on this storm....have been since Tuesday. Its a nasty storm for sure. Actually, I am on my way to Publix to see if anything is left, lol.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Abiding In His Word, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for all in the path, but it is really looking bad for your area of Florida. Just know we love you, and will be praying and trusting the Lord to bring you through this.

My niece is in Vero beach with her hubby and 2 girls. She is 8 months pregnant. She just moved there a month ago. So this will be her first hurricane. :(

burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Thank you, burien1! I'm still here but chaos is the word for what we are experiencing at my house. My son is convinced that it's a life or death situation. So we are still uncertain about we should fight or flight.

Thanks for all the prayers. God is still on the throne so I'm comforted in knowing that!

I'll say a prayer for your niece and her husband and safety for the soon-to-be new member of the family.

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby JayCee on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:28 am

You have been in my thoughts and prayers also, for several days, and I too am VERY concerned for you. Please do whatever the Lord tells you to do - He knows best, better than any govnenor or weatherman. This is a very serious situation. Can't stress it enough Abiding.
JayCee

Postby ToledoDebbie on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 am

Abiding, praying for your safety and security through this horrible storm. :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Postby mark s on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:22 am

burien1 wrote:Abiding In His Word, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for all in the path, but it is really looking bad for your area of Florida. Just know we love you, and will be praying and trusting the Lord to bring you through this.

There's nothing I can add to this except AMEN!

:a3:
mark s

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Praying for all those who may be in harms way. My sister is in St.Petersburg, and my husband's cousins live in Tampa.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby shorttribber on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Just praying for the protection of those God wills protection....and an Eye opening event for those to whom God desires the eyes to be opened.
God will be glorified in this, many events as this bring many to Christ....now is the day of salvation.

:bowing: God is ultimately in control. Praise His Might name! :bowing:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby ampersand on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Abiding, Godstudent, others in the path of the storm, may God protect you and your loved ones. May He give you the peace that passes all understanding - physically and spiritually!

In Christ,
&
ampersand

Postby mark s on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 am

How is everyone?
mark s

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:34 am

Our weather here in SC is pretty intense. Lots of tornado warnings and I am watching rain right now moving in two or three directions at one time. The trees are blowing around a lot, and bushes/tree limbs are starting to fly around, but it isn't too bad....just very windy with tornado warnings and lots of rain, essentially. The howling of the wind is similar to what I think a tornado would be like, so that has me on edge.....its so windy it could be a gust, or it could be a nearby tornado. That said, though, we haven't completely lost power....it's flickering, but it keeps coming back on.
I would love to hear a report from Abiding telling us she's ok and her home is ok !!!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mark s on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:02 am

Hi GS,

Glad you're OK so far!

(Abiding . . . ?)

mark s

Postby burien1 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am

mark s wrote:Hi GS,

Glad you're OK so far!

(Abiding . . . ?)

Widespread power outages in the county she would probably be in. And if she evacuated, depending on how far away, a lot of gas stations are without power as well. :praying: for the best for her, her family, and her home.

My niece came through okay. Just without electric. Thanking God the stress did not send her into labor.Other friends and family came through with minimal damage.
I won't breathe a sigh of relief until we hear from Abiding. :(

:praying: for Lisa and those who are still under tornado threats. :(
burien1

Postby Jericho on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 am

"Widespread power outages in the county she would probably be in"

Yes, and depending on how bad it was and how quick they fix it, it could take hours, days, or weeks.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Jericho on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Any word on Abiding? It's been 5 days since she last posted.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 am

Jericho wrote:Any word on Abiding? It's been 5 days since she last posted.

No, there isn't. :(
I am sure she will post on here as soon as she is able to. Please continue to pray. They said the west coast could be as long as Sept.22 in getting their power back on. And that is homes that have not been badly damaged.
I keep hoping she has posted every time I check in here.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 am

I am encouraged that this is an issue of electricity as I pray for our sister this morning. I can see her helping and working with others to effectuate acceptance and handle matters at hand. I pray for her strength and courage and that she be an encouragement and strong resource for all of those she is among in Florida right now. Our Lord loves our sister and I pray He lifts her up during this time.....We love her, too!

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

Hi all!

No power at my home so my son Larry in Tampa took us in! Fortunately he has power and air conditioning so for the time being, we are as comfortable as can be expected.

Anticipating power at home at least by the 22! Love and miss you all! Thanks so much for the prayers.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 am

P.s. We so had to stay 3 days at a shelter but were treated really well and some kind soul gave me her inflated mattress to use while there. Food was provided (good food too) but we had brought our own. 3800 at a high school sheelter along with pets.

More later.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am

:spin:
mark s

Postby Jericho on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:46 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:P.s. We so had to stay 3 days at a shelter but were treated really well and some kind soul gave me her inflated mattress to use while there. Food was provided (good food too) but we had brought our own. 3800 at a high school sheelter along with pets.

More later.

:praise:

It's good to finally hear from you Abiding! I'm thankful that you and your family are doing well (all things considered). I know how it feels having to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane. I look forward to hearing about your post-Irma adventures.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

:praise: And tears of relief.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:57 am

:hugs: Burien, this hugs for you! Your love and concern for Abiding (we all share it) is so touching.

burien1 wrote::praise: And tears of relief.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Praise Report

Postby RaptureReady on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am

I live in Lehigh Acres which is about three miles from Fort Myers. I wanted to share a praise report with all of you. I was alone at home during the hurricane. The roof was creaking and maybe it was my imagination, but once, it felt like the wall in my closet I was leaning against moved slightly. I have to tell you, 'I really did have that "Peace That Passes All Understanding.' I have never been so calm in my entire life. I was not scared in the least. My friends were texting me very afraid before and during the hurricane. I am going to post a picture I sent them of something I have in my house. I think it helped calm them down. Power in my home is out. I am completely comfortable staying with a friend who does have power in Fort Myers. Not even a single roof tile came off my home but houses all around me lost a lot of roofing tiles. They were all over my yard from other houses the next morning:

https://pix.sfly.com/AaJ5mV

:praying: WORKS!,
Rapture Ready
Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way. When you put your hand in God's hand, you will never walk alone
RaptureReady

Re: Praise Report

Postby burien1 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

RaptureReady wrote:I live in Lehigh Acres which is about three miles from Fort Myers. I wanted to share a praise report with all of you. I was alone at home during the hurricane. The roof was creaking and maybe it was my imagination, but once, it felt like the wall in my closet I was leaning against moved slightly. I have to tell you, 'I really did have that "Peace That Passes All Understanding.' I have never been so calm in my entire life. I was not scared in the least. My friends were texting me very afraid before and during the hurricane. I am going to post a picture I sent them of something I have in my house. I think it helped calm them down. Power in my home is out. I am completely comfortable staying with a friend who does have power in Fort Myers. Not even a single roof tile came off my home but houses all around me lost a lot of roofing tiles. They were all over my yard from other houses the next morning:

https://pix.sfly.com/AaJ5mV

:praying: WORKS!,
Rapture Ready

Love the picture ! So glad you are okay and your home. :praise: :hugs: And thanks for sharing that.

And GodsStudent, thank you. I was as concerned for her as I was my blood family, but trusting the Lord, too. Folks here are family. But WHAT A RELIEF ! :grin: :banana:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm

RaptureReady wrote:I live in Lehigh Acres which is about three miles from Fort Myers. I wanted to share a praise report with all of you. I was alone at home during the hurricane. The roof was creaking and maybe it was my imagination, but once, it felt like the wall in my closet I was leaning against moved slightly. I have to tell you, 'I really did have that "Peace That Passes All Understanding.' I have never been so calm in my entire life. I was not scared in the least.

Well, we're practically neighbors! I'm in ft. Myers. I wasn't afraid in the least either, but the chaos got to me. Plans were changing as quickly as the forecasts were reporting the updates. My nephew who is a Captain with the Lee County Sheriff's Dept. insisted we would be better off at a local shelter and made arrangements for us at a high school.

After arriving back home we found no broken windows, no roof leaks, no flooding, and NO power or air conditioning. So, we traveled to Tampa and are staying with my other son until power is restored. Family members who stayed in Ft. Myers are keeping us updated about power restoration in certain areas.

Thanking the Lord for safety and trying not to complain about inconveniences. So happy to be back in touch with FP members and surely appreciate each of you along with your prayers.

More as time and circumstances permit....

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:

After arriving back home we found no broken windows, no roof leaks, no flooding, and NO power or air conditioning. So, we traveled to Tampa and are staying with my other son until power is restored. Family members who stayed in Ft. Myers are keeping us updated about power restoration in certain areas.

Thanking the Lord for safety and trying not to complain about inconveniences. So happy to be back in touch with FP members and surely appreciate each of you along with your prayers.

Happy to hear your home came through okay, as well as you and your family. Glad you are back in touch. :hugs:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:57 pm

burien1 wrote:Happy to hear your home came through okay, as well as you and your family. Glad you are back in touch.

Thank you, burien1! I just bought a new laptop up here in Tampa and I'm finding my way around Windows 10 and the different features of a laptop so it's keeping my mind off other things for the time being. Good to be back! :banana:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby RaptureReady on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
RaptureReady wrote:I live in Lehigh Acres which is about three miles from Fort Myers. I wanted to share a praise report with all of you. I was alone at home during the hurricane. The roof was creaking and maybe it was my imagination, but once, it felt like the wall in my closet I was leaning against moved slightly. I have to tell you, 'I really did have that "Peace That Passes All Understanding.' I have never been so calm in my entire life. I was not scared in the least.

Well, we're practically neighbors! I'm in ft. Myers. I wasn't afraid in the least either, but the chaos got to me. Plans were changing as quickly as the forecasts were reporting the updates. My nephew who is a Captain with the Lee County Sheriff's Dept. insisted we would be better off at a local shelter and made arrangements for us at a high school.

Abiding,

So happy to hear we live so close to each other and you are fine. God was surely protecting you and I. So many lost so much in the hurricane. Sounds like you have good support from family members living near you. That is wonderful to have. Take care and let me know if you need anything.

Rapture Ready
Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way. When you put your hand in God's hand, you will never walk alone
RaptureReady

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:02 am

Abiding and RR, I am SO HAPPY to see your reports and experience your praising the Lord this morning. This storm hurt me to my heart for all those on the islands and in Florida that have lost so much. That, and it's right on the heels of Harvey, who also dislodged many homes and lives. It is heartwrenching to see and hear all the destruction for so many people, and yet, our Lord is so kind and good to those who ask for His care .....RR, you are absolutely right, PRAYER WORKS......it absolutely does.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers and well wishes. I back home from Tampa and have power, air, telephone and internet. Now for the clean-up tasks, but will not complain as the Lord has seen us thru this safely with unexpected blessings along the way.

Sending virtual hugs to all!

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers and well wishes. I back home from Tampa and have power, air, telephone and internet. Now for the clean-up tasks, but will not complain as the Lord has seen us thru this safely with unexpected blessings along the way.

Sending virtual hugs to all!

:banana: It is good to hear that, Abiding. Glad you had family to stay with, too. :hugs:
burien1

Return to Prayer Requests