Re: Please pray for my mom. Cancer IS back.

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:09 am

No Lisa. The overwhelming majority of posts here have been a blessing to me. And I truly thank those of you who are praying. After reading Abiding's post yesterday, I was ready to face Goliath ! I felt fully filled with the Spirit.

I know all too well everything that lies ahead. I know that mom is high risk, and we could lose her Friday. I don't know what each day will bring but the Lord does, and He is with me every step of the way. And the prayers of my brothers and sisters strengthen me for the walk through this valley. More than you know. I hope the Lord pours out a blessing for each of you, for praying for us. :hugs:

By the way, I thought I should throw this out there. The operation they performed almost 3 years ago, was only performed brcause the doctors could see what a fighter she is. She is tough as nails when it comes to pain..
She wants this operation so she can walk normally again and get back to mowing her yard. Believe me, she will let us know when she is done fighting. :wink:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:22 am

My husband's grandmother passed away last weekend. She literally said to her daughter, I am tired now and going home to be with the Lord....out of the blue, actually....she had been having health issues for a few years...and was no visibly sicker last week when she said that than say, the week before. After she said she was tired and going home to be with the Lord, she stopped eating, spent most of the time with her eyes closed (appeared to be interacting, but not with those here in the room with her)...would raise her hands, was smiling, laughing, and even trying to talk a little...but not eating, not drinking....and within several days, she simply passed away in her own bedroom, at total peace. It was such a beautiful process to literally see. I sat with her, alone in the room, and literally watched for some time as she had her eyes closed and literally interacted with "something" (we'll call it that)....smiling, laughing, reaching for, trying to talk to....and the next day, she just stopped....and she was gone.

I shared this because of your comment about her letting you know when she is done fighting....and because it's so encouraging that this is a truth, with respect to some....I saw it myself last week.

Continuing to lift you and your family, today and in the days ahead...and this morning, as I did so, I also thanked the Lord for Abiding....she really is a gift to us all.....and this group.....all of you included.....such a blessing this side of heaven.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:58 am

I am so sorry for your family's loss, Lisa. What a wonderful way to go. We don't get to see much of that now days with all the drugs that are in a lot of folks as they are leaving this world. But I have read many testimonies that are wonderful. And some that were nightmares for those without Christ.

The Lord knew exactly what he was doing by putting Abiding here as Administrator. A great blessing to us all. :hugs2:
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Brenda, I think grandma Louise's death experience was one of the most beautiful things TESTIMONIES I've ever witnessed. I loved her dearly, but she was very old, and rather frail. She did not take drugs....she just lived to be old and even in this process, she declined pain meds and so forth, opting to be left alone to die in peace. She was in the same church her whole life and served so much...her funeral....which testified to her life, much of which happened before I came on the scene....moved me to no end. I felt joyous.....on some levels.....while grieved on others. I miss her smile more than anything....she had such a beautiful and genuine smile....you knew where you stood with her.

I have heard others talk about people going into "coma like" states days before passing away, but it was something remarkable to have witnessed myself. When certain family members would come in the room, she would be still, with her eyes closed.....(ones she was particularly close with).....but when they left the room, she got very active.....as in, when I was in the room with her. We all took turns sitting with her to ensure she was ok through this process....and they asked me to sit with her. I did, and I intentionally sat very still and quietly so as to not disturb her. At a point, she seemed to not realize I was still in there and drifted off to a place to the right and above her head. I could see her responding to something that I could not see. She was extremely active, grunting, smiling, almost like gasping with joy, and would try to lift her arms up to that place in the room. Something was very much going on....but she was very much not at all in the room with me....she was very much into something we could not see. At times, others said she was praising the Lord....it was as clear as possible to them that this is what she was doing. At other times, it was as if she was seeing different ones coming and going, because she seemed to react to each.

If anyone touched her, she got fitful as it drew her away from wherever she was. She would push their hands off of her body, which was here, and close her eyes again and go back to doing this.

I literally saw all of this going on for myself...and it just touched my soul to the core. She was clearly happy.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank you for sharing that, GodsStudent. Sometimes it seems death comes quickly and other stories tell of a kind of "transitioning." Didn't Holly share that Herb was unconscious and started singing, "He Walks with Me and He Talks with Me...?" I don't remember the name of the hymn (The Garden?) but that touched me as well.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 pm

P.S. btw, thank you burien1 and GodsStudent for your very kind words. :hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Thank you, Lisa. What a blessing to witness such a peaceful passing. A blessing to hear about it ! :a2:

I can only pray Mom's will be peaceful. She said today that she knew she had a long way to go to being anything like the Lord. Little does she know how far she has come, to be able to realize that.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm

She said today that she knew she had a long way to go to being anything like the Lord. Little does she know how far she has come, to be able to realize that.

WOW. That put such a HUGE grin on my face. Now that was something to say !!!

We're so blessed, Burien1. You know....we did say and cherish Abiding, as we should, because she is such a blessing to us....but you are, too. Sometimes you post the most special things and I just marvel at the clarity....the wisdom....at how God has given us these special moderators who have such a deep core to them. Today is your time to be loved on and prayed through, as you are in a process....but even so....you bless us, sister.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Thank you, Lisa, for your kind words and heart. :hugs:
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:53 pm

burien1 wrote:I can only pray Mom's will be peaceful. She said today that she knew she had a long way to go to being anything like the Lord. Little does she know how far she has come, to be able to realize that.

Beautifully said Burien1, as is the beauty of the awesome work He does in our lives.
:praying:
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby burien1 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:01 pm

:praise: :bowing:
Mom's surgery was a success. She is in pain, but it is manageable. She had to have blood replaced, but we expected that.
I am so relieved to pass this hurdle ! Thanks for your prayers !
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:52 pm

:praise:

Thanks for the update, burien1! So happy for your mom and you as well!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

:praying: for the remainder of her recovery, Brenda. I am so thankful and grateful to hear that she has come this far and with such success. Thanks be to God.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Praise God! Hallelujah!

She is a fighter just like you said, and of course our Lord is THE all time champion. Will continue to lift you and your mom up.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Sonbeam on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 am

burien1 wrote::praise: :bowing:
Mom's surgery was a success. She is in pain, but it is manageable. She had to have blood replaced, but we expected that.
I am so relieved to pass this hurdle ! Thanks for your prayers !

Great news burien1. I join you in praising our Lord!

:blessyou:

sonbeam
Sonbeam

Postby burien1 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 am

Mom has been in the hospital the last two days. She had hardly been eating and barely drinking, which she badly needed. No matter how much I pleaded, begged, eventually gently chastised, she could not get down more than a sip. She became completely delirious and grew so weak, it took me 45 minutes at 2:30 in the morning to get her to the potty. I had an ambulance take her to the hospital. After two days, she was finally lucid enough last night to tell me to go home and get some rest. So I had a full nights rest last night after almost a week.

Her bowels had shut down after surgery, and simply were not working. She has a very bad Hiatal hernia which has kept her from eating more than a bite at times the last year, so the combination really set her back.

She is too weak to walk at all right now, and my sister wants her to go to rehab, knowing my physical condition. But that just breaks my heart. So right now I am torn over what is best, and am just asking for the Lord to guide me and strengthen me. I want to only do what is best for mom. She told me last night she doesn't want to go to rehab. :(
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:22 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sonbeam on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:16 am

Sonbeam

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm

You're doing a good job with your mom Burien1. Your dependance on the Lord, which is evident, will get you to what He wants for these situations, which is the best thing because of His love for us. Your closeness and your understanding leads you to weigh the pros and cons of the different options of what is best for your mom. Some people will only see that rehab is the best thing no matter, but they can't put themselves in your mom's body and heart like you can - and like Jesus does. He will guide you.

Lord, bless Burien1 and her mom. Show her what You want for this situation. Bring healing and recovery for her mom and touch Burien1 as well, her hip comes to mind Lord. Thank You Father, in Jesus' name we ask.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:27 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please touch her body and get things working again. Comfort and keep this family through the days ahead. Thank You for being in control of all things Lord. Show them hope and mercy. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 am

After mom and everyone else thinking rehab was best, mom went there after being released. To one I was told was the best around. She was fine for about half a day, then was overwhelmed with severe nausea. So sick she could not do anything but make it to the bathroom. After 4 days, she was sent back to the hospital. They discovered her stomach was still not working. She has Colitis, and a blood clot in her lung.

I brought her to her home last friday instead of allowing her to go back to rehab. She has gained 1 pound back under my care. I was with her 10 hours a day in the hospital and rehab, and still taking care of her home. I was so far past exhaustion from running back and forth, I felt like I was running simply with the help of the Lord.

Things are now improving with her and she will see the dr. who will perform the radiation on Monday.
When I was getting more rest, I still felt awful and had severe pain that would not go away. Turns out I have a very severe kidney infection with my kidney very inflamed.

No matter what I am going through myself, the Lord has been placing people in my path to minister to. My cousin who has been supportive throughout this, just received word that her daughter has advanced breast cancer.
My aunt, who had been calling every week to ask about mom, was put in the hospital this week with an inoperable tumor in her lung that has attached to her heart. I have been able to talk with her and her son and share the Lord's love.She has maybe days left.
My mother's friend called, and her daughter is riddled with cancer. Her son had a severe stroke, and she has problems trying to raise two of her grandchildren. After talking to her about the Lord, she asked me if she can call me, and lean on me.
My sister and brother, who are unsaved, are in awe of the sacrifices and love I have shown towards mom, so I can see at least somewhat, what the Lord is doing in this awful trial. And I definitely need the fire for my own refining.There are some thorns thrown into my path just for that. LOL ! It is amazing the love the Lord is pouring into me, to let me love others unconditionally. Not all, but He is working on that ! :wink:

Sorry for lack of updates, but there are times I am so tired, all I want to do is go to bed when I can. Love you all and God bless you for your prayers and support . :hugs:
burien1

Postby Loop on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:35 am

Praying for your continued strength, healing and blessings to come your way...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Wow, our God is amazing! Glad to hear the updates. Glad you are getting rest when you can. Get your situation with your kidney taken care of.

Some of what you are sharing brings back memories of when I was caring for my parents. God puts a love and compassion in our hearts for our loved ones and we must see it through.

sacredcowbasher

Postby bugtussle on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:26 am

Praying :a2:
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby burien1 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 am

Mom will begin two weeks of radiation next Monday.

Her sister passed on last night.

I am battling a kidney stone, and leaning heavily on the Lord.

Love and prayers for All of you. :hugs:
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:55 pm

sacredcowbasher

Postby bugtussle on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:25 am

Burien1, I am continuing in prayer with you. Am in awe of how Jesus has been working through you. Hopefully the kidney stone thing has been resolved/defeated. Please let us know how your mother is doing with the radiation treatments. Your aunt passing away so suddenly - praying for all your family. Our God can do anything and He does all things well. Alleluia & Amen!
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His mercy will never fail. Amen.
bugtussle

Postby burien1 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

Let me try this again. Tried to update a couple weeks ago, and lost my whole post. Mom came through the radiation quite well, considering how weak she was. Having to get up and get ready to go somewhere every day, actually helped her start getting her strength back.
I will have to take her for a CAT scan and blood work in two months. Praising my Lord for bringing us this far. At least we will be on top of whatever comes. I returned to my own home Sunday night. So much to be done here. :( Unfortunately I became ill almost immediately. Really bad stomach bug. One of these days I will learn not to make my own plans. :lol:
I wish I could just go to the ocean for a day. Summer kinda passed me by. But I would not trade a minute of the time I had with my mom for anything. I am still amazed at the people the Lord put in my path to witness His love to.
Thank you for praying for us. It is always encouragement to know people are praying. God bless all of you. :hugs:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 am

burien1 wrote:I wish I could just go to the ocean for a day. Summer kinda passed me by.

I'm gonna pray the Lord provides the very same peace and joy the ocean would provide right there where you are!

But I would not trade a minute of the time I had with my mom for anything.

So happy to hear your mom is well enough to be on her own for awhile so both you of can enjoy some R&R.

Thanks for the update, burien1.

:hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Very glad to hear this good report. Our God is an awesome God.

Lord touch our sister and remove this sickness or let it pass quickly, in Jesus' name. Agreeing with Abiding's sentiments.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:51 am

Maybe you can get to the ocean before the end of the year? Florida is still very hot even in November, particularly in the lower parts of the state. I remember being there in my 20s around Christmas and was shocked that it was so hot and it was Christmas time (which in my mind means cold!).
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Please pray for my mom. Cancer may be back.

Postby burien1 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:51 am

burien1 wrote:I hate to report that Mom has stage 4 metastatic cancer. Same cancer that was in her lungs. Now, MRI on her brain and PET scan, and two new doctors to have to see. If they can operate, and it is not in her brain, she may have some time. Needless to say, I am heartbroken.

Today makes 2 years since the stage 4 diagnosis. I thank Jesus and give glory to God that she is still with us. She is tested every 4 months now. The latest round this week shows everything normal. This will continue to hang over our heads, but I am so grateful to the Lord for the extra time. I am also grateful for all the prayers.
She is 80 years old now, and has tingling and numbness leftover in her feet and legs from the tumor. I have to laugh and thank Jesus every time someone at church tells me they drove by Mom's house, and she was outside mowing grass with her push mower. What I hear from her is. "I thank God every time I am able to get something accomplished outside today."
I tell my sister she may outlive us. Whatever the Lord's will is, He is GOOD !!! :bowing:
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:11 pm

I've heard so many people who have been diagnosed with a particular illness that their desire is to live as normal a life as possible for as long as possible. Sounds as though your mom is doing just that, burien1! Praise God!

:hugs:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I agree Burien1 - whatever God’s will is, He is good, but don’t we love it when He does things like He did with your mom! I love that we have such a wonderful God and that you have had more time with your mom. :banana:
sacredcowbasher

Previous

Return to Prayer Requests