My grandmother is passing away

My grandmother is passing away

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 pm

I just got the call. This is one of my favorite people on the planet and so nothing about this process is going to be real easy for me. I am driving to be with her early in the morning, but we are looking for a mess of an ice storm here, and our state is unable to keep our roads clear. Please pray for my safe passage to her and please pray that she pass peacefully over to the Lord. I know she has some pain, so I pray for relief for her. May the Lord be close to me and my family during this process which I am certain is going to be very sad for me.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: My grandmother is passing away

Postby burien1 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm so sorry. Praying for you, her, and travel mercy.
:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 pm

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sonbeam on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm so sorry GS. Praying for your grandmother and for your protection and strength.

:blessyou:
Sonbeam

Postby SueAnn on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:42 pm

:praying: :hugs:
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Lisa,
I have already prayed for your safe trip, that you would not encounter bad weather and that the Ice storm would hold off for a while, we just went thru one here and I would not like to know you are driving in one.
My prayer for your grandmother is that you would have time to be with her, that you can talk with her and that she will transition to be with Jesus peacefully.
Of course it will be hard on you, but from a different perspective she will be happier than we have ever been, she will be healthy and young with no more pain or infirmity. I know that you know this, but I had to say it. So be sad that she is not here for you to be with anymore, but be happy for her in her victory over death and the grave.

1 Corinthians 15:55
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

She is redeemed, and we know that she has a fantastic future ahead. We grieve not as unbelievers do, because we know what lies ahead.

Patrick
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Sunny on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:10 am

I am praying, too, GS.
Sunny

Postby drdos on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:34 am

Praying for God's Comfort and Peace in your life. :praying:
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:18 am

Thank you to all of you for the prayers!

She passed early Tues. morning. From the time I learned she was likely going to pass away and until she did was a total of 9 hours, so it happened very fast. Her funeral is Saturday, so we will head back to NC again Friday. We are having a major ice storm here in SC right now, so I expect to lose power at any time. It is pouring down ice and things are really dangerous. Hard to believe all this danger will likely just melt away tomorrow, when temperatures climb back up. So...we expect to be able to leave on Friday. :grin: Crazy weather for SC....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 am

GodsStudent wrote:Thank you to all of you for the prayers!

She passed early Tues. morning. From the time I learned she was likely going to pass away and until she did was a total of 9 hours, so it happened very fast. Her funeral is Saturday, so we will head back to NC again Friday. We are having a major ice storm here in SC right now, so I expect to lose power at any time. It is pouring down ice and things are really dangerous. Hard to believe all this danger will likely just melt away tomorrow, when temperatures climb back up. So...we expect to be able to leave on Friday. :grin: Crazy weather for SC....
So sorry to hear this. I pray for comfort and safe travels for you and your family.
drdos

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 am

Im so sorry for your loss, but also happy for your grandmother, and a little jealous. I hope that God will be with you and comfort you in the days ahead. If you need anything you know my number, just give me a call.

Patrick
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 pm

You're the best, Patrick! I want to forward an email to you to get you to look at it and "splain" it to me, but I can't figure out what your email is. Send me an email so I can figure out what yours is. I know I am a little challenged right now...can't think very deeply. I haven't eaten in forever...my appetite is just gone. I have not really lost many people in my lifetime (isn't that crazy?)...so I am not real familiar with gut wrenching pain associated with the loss of a very beloved person in my life. I all of a sudden feel a little lost.

One thing I am celebrating nonstop is the relief and mercy for my grandmother. The last two years have been a nightmare for her and finally, she is free of that painful body....absent from it and present with the Lord (I am a little jealous, too!). I can't wait until I see her again.....It would be over the top if I could see her right away upon death....I love my grandmother so much! :hugs2:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:12 am

GS,
Sent you an email, are you OK? I know that you know my email you have never had this trouble contacting me before. Email me soon sis, Plz, I'm worried about you.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Sunny on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 am

GS, sending love and sympathy in the loss of your precious Grandma. Glad her suffering is over.

I'd like to share a quote (from memory) from Billy Graham's book, Angels in the chapter on the death angel. It really ministered to me when my son died.

Death for the Christian cuts the cord that binds believers to this present evil world so that angels may transport them to their heavenly inheritance.

When you miss her, picture the smile on her young, beautiful face on that flight home. :)
Sunny

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 am

Continuing to pray for you and your family

RT :hugs2:
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby burien1 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:47 am

No matter how many people we lose in our lives, the grief still hurts bad. Thanking the Lord that you have been blessed in knowing that you will be reunited with your grandmother. Just another of the many wonderful blessings of knowing our Lord.

May the love of the Lord give you great comfort through this, and praying for safe travel to and from.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:46 pm

Im back home from the funeral. Posted on the other thread. Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and uplifting well wishes....I look forward to the day I will see my grandmother again, and I thank God that not only will I see her but I will meet so many of you, too.

My parents had tons of people make the trip to my father's mother's passing. They have top shelf friends, I tell ya! Many of mine sent flowers, and I am told that more flowers are coming to my house this week...just blows my mind the love. One of my best friends called as soon as we got in town and wanted to see me...(just to inspect me and make sure I was walking tall still, hehe). I have been asking her for bamboo for my garden this summer for the past few weeks and when she learned I was coming home today, she went and harvested a mass of it for me. So...lol....on my way home from the funeral, I had to stop by the hardware store to pick up bungee cords to strap a massive amount of bamboo to the roof of our car for summer beans.......I just love love.....friends and family make life so meaningful.....and it really counts! :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

woohoo!! I'm so glad you are home and safe, I'm happy that you were able to see your family and friends and find comfort. I have been praying for you every day, thanks for the update, I was so worried about you.

GodsStudent wrote: One of my best friends called as soon as we got in town and wanted to see me...(just to inspect me and make sure I was walking tall still, hehe).

umm Sis? Walking tall? Have you ever walked tall? :lol: I guess thats a relative term, sorry. haha, I hope that made you smile a little.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:40 am

umm Sis? Walking tall? Have you ever walked tall?

:lol: Of course I do. 5 ft 8 and when I feel the Holy Spirit and know it's Him, I'm probably pushing 5 ft 8 and a half! :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:14 am

GodsStudent wrote:
umm Sis? Walking tall? Have you ever walked tall?

:lol: Of course I do. 5 ft 8 and when I feel the Holy Spirit and know it's Him, I'm probably pushing 5 ft 8 and a half! :mrgreen:

haha, I guess that qualifies, but you didnt specify if that was in heels or not, Glad I could make you smile today. I know you are having a tough day, just remember my Older Sis, you have a lot younger brother that loves you very much!!!

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:02 am

:mrgreen: You and my husband seem to like rubbing in the fact that I am VERY SLIGHTLY, by a teeny margin, older....but you never want to talk grey hairs.....and who has less wrinkles......hehe!!!

As to the heels....I can barely keep my balance in my tennis shoes....and my entire life has been spent falling down steps because I am so awkward on my feet....so...no.....my mother forbid me to wear heels when I was in my teens as she had spent so much already on medical bills for twisted ankles that came with me wearing flats. :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:18 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for Your peace and comfort through this loss. Thank You that this is just a brief separation. Hold them through Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests