need advice and prayer

need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm

:a3:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:18 pm

EC: It's 11pm my time and I am wiped out...had a crazy day with way too many ups and downs....so I won't say much of anything right now, except to say :hugs: and especially....Christ died for everything you wrote in your OP, too. You are about to experience iron sharpening iron and be blessed that you chose to share what is in the deepest parts of your heart.

I have already taken your request for prayer to the Lord and honestly, I look forward to reading the responses from some of our members here on FP as to your post. I will be following your prayer thread along with you, because this is such a typical situation for Christians and in our self centeredness, we just can't see that the Creator of the Universe saw us at this place on this day and loved us so much He wanted to create us anyway....and see us through this, too. Your condition is not God's condition, and when you come through the other side, and have grown in the ways you should have grown, the experience will have true value and personal touches in your life. Where you are now you will not remain...for it is certain that you already desire to move forward from here. I will be praying for you and yet I know, the Lord loves you unimaginably is not nearly as focused on your sin as you are. The Lord is waiting to hear from you, for He desires that you desire Him.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:47 pm

God is still God, even when we are in the valleys. Praying for you and for the healing of your heart and mind. Don't let satan keep you from the One who has wiped the sin on your slate clean. Christ doesn't remember our sins.

Hebrews 10
16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws upon their heart,
And on their mind I will write them,”
He then says,

17 “And their sins and their lawless deeds
I will remember no more.”

Pray the scriptures. And wait on the Lord to do His work. Do what you can, little by little. Decide to take one step each day toward the life you want as you pray for His guidance. He has good things for you. Praying for you!
Image
User avatar
Salty Skipper
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:56 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Sunny on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 am

extravagantchristian, my heart aches for you.

The fact that you CARE means that you are still God's beloved child. Those who are not God's children have hardened hearts, hate Him and resent every mention of His name. You are grieving because your fellowship with the God you love is broken.

That is what He has been waiting for.

As Paul says: , "Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that you sorrowed to repentance: for you were made sorry after a godly manner..." (2 Corinthians 7:9)

I, too, have so many things in my past that grieve me beyond tears. I actually cringe when I think of them.

But once we tell God that we acknowledge where we went wrong and we so desperately want Him to change us -- the forgiveness is done. We stumble over that because we think we need to do penance. But that's unbiblical. All God wants is our trust. That's the hardest thing we can give Him, it seems, because it's too easy. But that's what the gospel is all about.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9

Every day is a new day in Christ. And when those ugly things rear their heads (even the profanity that few out of my mouth a couple of days ago when I was sick and irritated at my husband), I simply tell God how very sorry I am and ask Him to keep on changing me.

And then I put it behind me with this verse:

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (II Corinthians 5: 17)

That's all we can do. Repent, and trust Him to keep His word. And He always does and He always will.

Even in your case. :grin: :hugs:

P.S. And we DO NOT walk by feeling. We walk by FAITH.

Feelings are fickle and sometimes have nothing to do with reality. And feelings can lie to us.

Faith says, "It doesn't matter what I see or feel, God's word is true."

So we sometimes have to "act as if" we are forgiven even when we don't feel it simply because God says we are. The feelings will always eventually catch up with faith.
Sunny
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 am

EC,
I can understand, I grew up in church, I thought I got saved when I was young, about 13 years old. I thought I was sincere, maybe I was, the drugs and drinking that ensued clouds my memories. I did things that were abominable, believe me. I got to the point in my life where I didnt care about anything or anyone but self gratification no matter what, and no matter how. Whether it was drugs, drinking or sexual immorality, I did it all. I was numb all the time, searching for pleasure and finding none that lasted.
I finally wanted to turn back to God after quite a few close calls with death, to no avail. I didnt feel Him near, not sure I could come back and find forgiveness for what I had done. I prayed but it seemed like empty pleadings to a God that wasnt there or didnt care about me anymore because I had willingly forsaken Him. I knew deep down that I wasnt saved, that I was a pretender when I was younger(not saying this applies to you). I thought, did God still have a way for me to find Him? Can I be forgiven for things that I willingly did and enjoyed? I thought, am I just trying to save my skin now that I know I am destined for hell? How can I tell the difference between real repentance and just saying what I had to so I could get that fire insurance?
What changed me was going to God and just spitting it out, I talked with Him all day and all night, I told Him what I had done and told Him also that I enjoyed it very much, but I knew it was wrong still. I told Him that if He would forgive me like it says in His word, I would follow Him forever, and that if He didnt forgive me then He was not the God described in the Bible. It didnt happen overnight, but He started to change my heart. He gave me compassion for others first, because I was so violent. He then made my desires change, I didnt want to do the things I had been doing. I didnt want to go against Him anymore. He made me believe that He did forgive me unconditionally if I would truly repent of what I had done. (more next , board is jumping)
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:24 am

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:25 am

I tell you all this because I know He made a way back to Him for me when I thought I was lost and without hope, and I know He can do it for you too. I had done things that would make you look at me sideways and not want to be in the same city as me, believe me.
If He did it for me, then He has done it for many others, I am not special. Just go to Him and tell Him what you are really feeling, tell Him you dont feel He is there, tell Him you want to come back home and cant find the way. Tell Him you will put your trust in His promises if He will just make them real in your life again. Dont hold anything back, tell Him what you feel down deep. And then ask Him what He wants you to do now, how to proceed forward with your life. Lay it all on Him, He is big enough to take it and so much more. Just come to Him, He loves you, He is patient, not willing that any should perish but all would come to repentance. Ask Him to show you the way, ask Him daily to show you areas of your life that you still need to repent of. I know it took me months to finally confess all my sins to Him, to finally be sorry of all that I had done. But He is faithful to finish the good work He began in you, He knows you slipped, He is still holding out His hand waiting for you to grab it. Just because you cant see that hand right now does not mean it isnt there, you are just blinded by your own sin, go to Him and start confessing it, ask Him as you confess it to help you get rid of your desires for it. The light will shine thru a little more each day, you just have to clear out the clouds of sin that stand in the way. Remember that He is able to pick us up out of the miry clay, and stand us on the Rock of His salvation, you just have to be willing to reach up and grab His hand again. I will pm you please check.


Patrick
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:24 am

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby burien1 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:39 am

EC, I would highly recommend that you read the parable of the prodigal son in Luke. If you have to, read several commentaries on it.

Pay special attention to the fathers reaction. When the son was seen returning at a distance, the father RAN to him. He was so happy He threw a feast for the son.
Read that, and then just sit down, kneel down whatever, and pour out your heart to your father/Abba.

Our father is merciful and long suffering, and he truly loves us as His children.

:hugs2:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8671
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:13 am

EC, I don't know what I can add to the excellent words of encouragement already offered, except you may find some relief from your discouragement knowing that Jesus Himself experienced many of the same emotions as you are. When you feel up to it, you may want to read of His "ups and downs" here.

Keeping you in my prayers...
User avatar
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 29123
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Loop on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am

:hugs2:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop
 
Posts: 1784
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:08 am
Location: WV

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Sunny on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:57 am

EC, Patrick put it more expressively than I ever could, and he hit a very important point.

Many years ago I was so far from God. I thought I had permitted the unpardonable sin and I knew I was ****** and there was no forgiveness for me. And I tried to block that out of my mind instead of dealing with it.

One day I felt so desperate I got down and told God, I am going to talk to you about this and you will either **** me to hell or you will forgive me, but I'm probably ****** anyway.

So in clear words, I explained to God what I thought I had done. And a funny thing happened. The instant I opened up and told him, I felt a great wash of peace and knew I was forgiven.

It's the hiding things from God and not talking to Him about it that makes us so miserable we can't stand it.
Sunny
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:15 am

EC: Last night when I posted to this thread, I started to type about how the Lord directly speaks thru me in my morning devotionals. I was going to tell you that this last week, on three different occasions, He spoke to me the same thing the Holy Spirit was speaking in my spirit. I was going to tell you all about what was going on with me and how some of it directly relates to the things you are feeling, but I didn't, because I was too tired, and because instead, I erased all I had written and let the spirit flow as I penned the above message to you instead. I was satisfied after I had written to you that I had said what the Lord preferred you be told right now, and that put me in the happiest place as I headed off to bed. My words are weak, but His are perfect.

Well, when I checked my email this morning, I was blessed again, because this is the 4th time this week the message has been so directly geared as to make it personal. I know this morning's message was for you, and not so much for me, but then again, for both of us...and it brings joy to my heart that the Lord has a Word for us...EC....It is time for you to decide to stand up on your feet again, to shake the defeated feelings you are inheriting and allowing for yourself, talk with the Lord, and start on a path that you can be satisfied with...so that you "feel" better. The fact is, once you narrow down what it is that you are doing or not doing that is bringing you so much pain, you can start the baby steps towards changing those things and you can take peace since you made the decision, and you can own that peace in a very real way.
It IS a step to become willing to do something about it, so you must count that, too. If you have become willing to act over time, then you are no longer sitting in the sin and comfortable. God gave you this moment to decide and He gave you this day to live....accept it with gratitude, and move forward from the destructive mannerisms you are engaging in. Find joy where joy is...and then turn your focus to it.

So, I spoke of my daily devotional and the fact that instead of hearing from the Lord again this morning on my own issues, I heard on yours. The Lord knows this has brought me joy, because in fact, it is in hearing from Him in my devotionals sometimes that I know He is so personal and real in the day, in the moment. I can easily look back over time and see where He has blessed my prayers for myself and for others and know that He is here, He is involved, it is personal, but sometimes when I pray in the day or a series of days, I don't feel connected...and so I take it personal...and I have to broaden the scope I am looking through again, and see that He has been with me again, so that I don't feel so alone and deep into myself.....

Here is today's devotional:

LORD, HELP!
by Jim Cymbala


David Jeremiah, my longtime friend from Shadow Mountain Community Church near
San Diego, has preached several times at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Immediately
after being diagnosed with cancer, he called to ask us to pray. Several months
later he returned to visit us during an outreach meeting we held at Madison
Square Garden arena. Later he preached at one of our Sunday services. The whole
congregation was delighted to see this wonderful Christian brother for whom we
had all interceded.

Moved by the love and thanksgiving his appearance produced, David later
remarked about it from our pulpit: “I called here as soon as I learned of my
sickness because I knew of your emphasis on prayer. In fact, someone just
greeted me in the lobby and remarked, ‘Pastor Jeremiah, we really cried out
to God on your behalf.’ That is why I called you. I knew your praying
wouldn’t be just some mechanical exercise but a real calling out to God with
passion for my need. And God brought me through the ordeal.”

That is the literal meaning of the Hebrew word used countless times in the Old
Testament when people called upon God. It means to cry out, to implore aid.
This is the essence of true prayer that touches God.

Charles Spurgeon once remarked that “the best style of prayer is that which
cannot be called anything but a cry.”

Isn’t that what God invites us to do all through the Bible? “Call to me and
I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know”
(Jeremiah 33:3). God is not aloof and He is not disconnected. He says
continually through the centuries, “I’ll help you, I really will. When you
don’t know where to turn, then turn to Me. When you’re ready to throw up
your hands—throw them up to Me. Put your voice behind them, too, and I’ll
come and help you.”
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 am

Sunny wrote:It's the hiding things from God and not talking to Him about it that makes us so miserable we can't stand it.


:a3:

What I'm hearing is that since God knows anyway, He is encouraging us to..."Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
User avatar
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 29123
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:54 am

it is time for you to decide to stand up on your feet again, to shake the defeated feelings you are inheriting and allowing for yourself, talk with the Lord, and start on a path that you can be satisfied with...so that you "feel" better. The fact is, once you narrow down what it is that you are doing or not doing that is bringing you so much pain, you can start the baby steps towards changing those things and you can take peace since you made the decision, and you can own that peace in a very real way.It IS a step to become willing to do something about it, so you must count that, too. If you have become willing to act over time, then you are no longer sitting in the sin and comfortable. God gave you this moment to decide and He gave you this day to live....accept it with gratitude, and move forward from the destructive mannerisms you are engaging in. Find joy where joy is...and then turn your focus to it.


Amen. Wow I know that's right, but scary at the same time because im not sure if I can do it. But I know it's right.

GS did you write this or was it from an email?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby jgilberAZ on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:03 am

.
If you can afford $10, I've found this CD to be quite an encouragement when I'm down:

Come Weary Saints

Or, this song in particular has been a blessing to me:

As Long as You are Glorified

Sovereign Grace Music wrote:VERSE 1
Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain?
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain?
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought?
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt?

CHORUS
Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

VERSE 2
Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled?
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well?
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

BRIDGE
So quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart in You

© 2008 Integrity’s Praise! Music/Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)


:praying:
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
.
User avatar
jgilberAZ
 
Posts: 1895
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 am
Location: Arizona

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Sonbeam on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Dear EC
Here is another worship song that has blessed me and lifted me up in my time of need. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-I8fBVCXi4

It is sung by Damaris Carbaugh and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and it gives you the lyrics too which are:

In the Presence of Jehovah

In and out of situations that tug of war at me
Listen all day long I struggle for answers that I need.

But then I come into His presence and all my questions become clear
And for a sacred moment no doubt can interfere.

In the Presence of Jehovah God Almighty Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended in the Presence of the KIng.

Through His Love the Lord provided a place for us to rest
It's a place to find the answers in hours of distress.

So there is never any reason to give up in despair
You've got to look away and breathe His Name
He'll come and meet you right there.

In the Presence of Jehovah God Almighty Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended in the Presence of the KIng.



May you enter into His rest as you listen to this song EC, and may you stay there. You don't have to do anything, just place yourself in His care and He'll do the heavy lifting.

:praying:

:blessyou:
Sonbeam
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:28 am

extravagantchristian wrote:
it is time for you to decide to stand up on your feet again, to shake the defeated feelings you are inheriting and allowing for yourself, talk with the Lord, and start on a path that you can be satisfied with...so that you "feel" better. The fact is, once you narrow down what it is that you are doing or not doing that is bringing you so much pain, you can start the baby steps towards changing those things and you can take peace since you made the decision, and you can own that peace in a very real way.It IS a step to become willing to do something about it, so you must count that, too. If you have become willing to act over time, then you are no longer sitting in the sin and comfortable. God gave you this moment to decide and He gave you this day to live....accept it with gratitude, and move forward from the destructive mannerisms you are engaging in. Find joy where joy is...and then turn your focus to it.


Amen. Wow I know that's right, but scary at the same time because im not sure if I can do it. But I know it's right.

GS did you write this or was it from an email?


I wrote it EC, and it came, quite literally, from my own living what you live, and I believe, from inspiration from the Holy Spirit, who knows my heart to witness to you, who knows my fears about witnessing to you, because I have so much respect for your walk with the Lord, and who knows that all you need is all that any of us need...a reminder that we have victory in Christ, but most often, we do not consider that we are SAINTS...HIS SAINTS...and it is not us, but Christ in us that makes it so.

Maybe two years ago (but certainly more than one and a half), I remember praying like I am sure you are praying....gut wrenching and painful prayer.....one that comes from a place of my own CONCERN that the Lord will somehow abandon me because I don't say the right thing, do the right thing.....that I miss the boat, because I somehow didn't pick up on some particular point or series of points that would enable me to cross over into the Kingdom of Heaven.....I had become overwhelmed with fear and I was depressed, just like what you describe. I was terrified beyond words that I would not hear "Well done, my good and faithful servant," but instead "I never knew you, depart from me." This fear was not because I was not praying for others, reading on the Lord daily, learning/growing....but this fear was because I knew my heart, I knew I didn't like most people (on that....I have to tell you, I am a very keenly perceptive person. I can almost read the minds of people around me...not literally...but their comments, body language and general presence tell me what they think and feel and it has really turned me off in the past)......Well.....I know we are supposed to love people...and because I was not treating them well, because I didn't think they deserved it....I had a genuine fear that the Lord would throw up my mean spirited way of dealing with most "bad attitude" people out there and tell me....you are not worthy. There were other reasons I felt I was not ok with the Lord and He was not ok with me that I prayed about on that day, but my big one was, I didn't like most anyone. The only people I liked were the people who had a kind gentle heart and who were in tune enough with the Lord to know we were in the end time, and to know what scripture said about this time. I was literally angry with everyone else.

The Lord really had to do a work on me to take me from that place till the one I am at now. First, I started seeing even deeper into people...what was beneath the anger, hostility and bad attitude, and the Lord taught me to have compassion for them, and made me to actually start loving them and caring for/about them. Then, once that work was done in me, it was only natural that I took the reigns of making sure that I lifted them up in the moment, and if practical, even witness a little here and there...but mostly, just love them.

What I just said is huge, because here's what's happened. Now, when I go to Lowes or other stores where I have reached out in love during my time at check out or my time hunting for something in a store with a clerk's help....these people flock to me, and tho I don't know their names, they somehow know mine. Crazy, isn't it? Now I can't go to Lowes with a bad hairdo and work clothes on (but I do anyway, hehe), but yet I know these people are going to approach me and I will somehow have to get over how bad I look, ha! ...and of course, they do. :mrgreen:

It's been a process, but I am very encouraged that every time (if possible), that I go to my doctor or to Lowes or wherever else I may go, I am just so excited about what's happened, that I keep it going. It is now my joy and my pleasure to have such good rapor with so many people out there...and they really appreciate my affectionate and friendly disposition with them....so much so that they remember me and literally make sure they interact with me if I am there. I realize now, somewhere in my simple mind, that this is a witnessing tool for me though the priority for me now is to maintain the relationships I am building...witnessing will come as the Lord prompts me is what I believe.

EC, this is probably irrelevant to what you are going thru, but in another way it isn't. I realize this was my issue and you've got your own, separate from mine, but I know what it is to decide a thing and then act on it, and I know that the weight of the world came off my shoulders as soon as I decided I was not going to be mean and direct with other people. That said, I did not know how to change my attitude of what I was seeing coming from them and the last thing I wanted to do was be sweet and even endearing to someone who was snatching my item from my hand to ring up, or obviously not interested in helping me find an item in a store or check me in for my Dr. Appt. I had to take my disposition to the Lord, confess my place with people in general and why I don't like them when working from my own perceptions, express my fears about what this sin might do with respect to my salvation and opportunity to live as a Saint.....

Fast forward to 1.5 yrs plus since the prayer and I am completely changed in this area. That alone tells me I belong to the Lord, so I am less fearful about my other sins which I need address with the Lord. I am certain that if you research a little further than since this depression started, you can point to times when the interaction with the Lord was very personal with you, and so you know He is with you....Now you have to come to terms (again...we all do it over and over again, frankly), with the fact that tho He is with you, He is not necessarily LIKE YOU......He does not operate from a place of harsh and cruel manner, where if you don't do or do a certain thing, He is automatically going to cut you off...He is genuinely the perfect parent (the one we didn't have growing up, because they lost their cool sometimes, and the Lord doesnt)....He is going to guide you, chastise you, even punish you for your choices, but it is only because He knows the potholes ahead of you if you do a certain thing, and you don't. It is not for anything else that He will allow the natural consequences to be heaped on your head...it is pure love for His child, you, that He comes from when meeting out a response to you. He is only trying to encourage you to Him.....all the rest that goes on in your head is your stuff, not His.

Being encouraged will only last a flickering moment, and you will end up where you were before....UNLESS....unless, you act. That's the thing.....it is your action or inaction that is bringing you so much pain that you are at the point of depression. So decide, just get on with it, ...take it to the Lord in all the honesty you took it to this prayer thread...and once you do....remind yourself that you gave ALL OF THAT....GIVE EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF IN YOUR PRAYERS...and allow yourself to be at peace with all of it once the act of prayer is done. Allow yourself to start having great days again.....it's ok for you to do that. You have done the dirty laundry....and so it is done......

Then, allow yourself to see how the Lord will work these things out with you/for you, because He will.

All you are is stuck in a spot right now...but you have the tools to get yourself out of the spot, and once you use them, you have every right to remind yourself that that WAS your place but it ISNT YOUR PLACE anymore. The feelings are just that, feelings that you know something's wrong but you won't do anything to fix it. All you can do now is pray about it, earnestly....At least that's all I could do...because I could not make myself not see the nasty attitudes of many people I encountered through out the day, and I could not make myself want to be sweet to them....

It wasnt until the Lord showed me the sad and pitiful and hopeless place these people's hearts were in...it wasn't until the Lord pointed out to me and let me see others abusing the people I dealt with just prior to my turn to deal with them that I understood what it was I needed to understand in order to have a different perspective. So...the Lord did a work in me...and it changed everything, and now I do not fear the Lord will have this against me, because I am not the same anymore....my prayers got me changed, and yours can do the same thing.

If you don't have hope today that the Lord will work out all of this, then have the faith of a mustard seed....and if you have that, you have enough to go on.....in order to feel better about the whole thing!

now act....and be blessed.....for you will be blessed.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:16 am

Amen. Wow I know that's right, but scary at the same time because im not sure if I can do it. But I know it's right.


That's the answer- you cannot do it, not on your own. All you can do is surrender and trust the Lord to perform a change in you. You have to surrender your will to His will. As long as you keep thinking that you are in charge, you will continue to fall into the downward spiral you have experienced. If you want to get "off the wheel" then you have to stop running!

Stop believing the lies of the enemy that cause you to doubt that God won't or can't forgive you, that you are too far gone, it's not true, all that is required is for you to mourn over your sin and repent, which is sounds like you are doing. And like the Prodigal son which someone here pointed to, the Lord will rejoice over you, His forgiveness is sure and true. No matter what you have done if you are truly sorrowful, He will forgive! You are already doing the "right" things, now you just need to let go of the past and let God work in you a miracle of healing that comes with His forgiveness. There are no limits to His forgiveness, no boundaries for His compassion, every person is precious to Him, including you!

I know you will overcome, because I can see that your heart seeks the Lord, all you have to do is take the next step and believe it too.

Proverbs 28:13
13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.


Psalm 32:5-7
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I did not hide;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord”;
And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.
6 Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.
7 You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble;
You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.


Matthew 21:22
22 “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”


Ephesians 1:7-8
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight


1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


Praying for you!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3898
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby burien1 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 am

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:
Amen. Wow I know that's right, but scary at the same time because im not sure if I can do it. But I know it's right.


That's the answer- you cannot do it, not on your own. All you can do is surrender and trust the Lord to perform a change in you. You have to surrender your will to His will. As long as you keep thinking that you are in charge, you will continue to fall into the downward spiral you have experienced. If you want to get "off the wheel" then you have to stop running!

Stop believing the lies of the enemy that cause you to doubt that God won't or can't forgive you, that you are too far gone, it's not true, all that is required is for you to mourn over your sin and repent, which is sounds like you are doing. And like the Prodigal son which someone here pointed to, the Lord will rejoice over you, His forgiveness is sure and true. No matter what you have done if you are truly sorrowful, He will forgive! You are already doing the "right" things, now you just need to let go of the past and let God work in you a miracle of healing that comes with His forgiveness. There are no limits to His forgiveness, no boundaries for His compassion, every person is precious to Him, including you!

I know you will overcome, because I can see that your heart seeks the Lord, all you have to do is take the next step and believe it too.

Proverbs 28:13
13 He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.


Psalm 32:5-7
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I did not hide;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord”;
And You forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.
6 Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found;
Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.
7 You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble;
You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.


Matthew 21:22
22 “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”


Ephesians 1:7-8
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight


1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


Praying for you!

RT

:a3: Resurrection Torchlight !
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8671
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:39 am

:wink:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 am

You know, EC, most of us have too much pride tied up into our witness, and it's just plain out of place.

For some reason, we, as human beings, think we have a lot of power that we don't have. Saving someone...first, it's God's Will and second, only God knows another's heart, so when we are concerned about someone else's salvation, we have to take it to God.....and ask Him if He wants us to be witnessing to that person....if it is His Will and if it will bring Him Glory. Most people will flatly reject that statement, but it's so accurate that it's scary. God knows the particulars of each of us, IF we will be saved, WHEN we will be saved, HOW we will be saved.....and timing is everything on God's schedule. Some are saved at sunrise and some are saved at sunset and many inbetween....but the timing is critical. All we are responsible for is planting seeds. Do you ever wonder how many of these inpromptu "sinners prayers" lead to true salvation??? There are so many people in the church who prayed that prayer and left it at that. A true witness is not a 4 minute prayer followed by dinner at Shoney's and everyone is on their own.....and that is why we plant seeds and allow God to water them, feed them, and bring them to healthy growth...and it's not a thing that happens in a day.

How do you know that all of the things you said to these people on any given day did nothing? You've planted many seeds at this point and many of them could be at work right now....but the day of someone's coming to Christ may or may not be something you see.

Your pain comes from not knowing your place and thinking you are responsible for success or failure. If you accepted that your job is to plant seeds and not necessarily on a particular day to get someone on their knees saying a 4 minute prayer, you would be a whole lot happier. I have no doubt that all the argument you are getting from them has everything to do with their attitude and hardening of their heart, and you are finding soft spots and dealing blows to them...and that's a good thing you're doing...you are planting seeds in soft spots which might just result in good things down the road.

I have one friend I have been witnessing to for more than 2 years now. With her, I have to live by example, witness when I can, tell her only God and prayer could fix this or that in her life...I plant seeds all the time with her, but still, they have not produced yet. Am I a failure because she doesn't accept Christ? Uh....no.....!!!! I have well witnessed to a hard heart many times over in the hopes that it will soften with all the seeds I plant there, and the rest is up to the Lord. I am not the only person He has to use to witness to her, and maybe the combination of my words and the words of another will be what is needed to ring true to her and cause her to fall to her knees...and it hasn't always gone smooth, because her resistance sometimes gets on my nerves...I mean how many times must I need to say her life is chaotic and crazy because Christ is not in it....???? !!!!! I am still a human being and it's not always easy.

Family....oh, man....that's the worst. Most of the time it is not a witness from another family member, but it comes from others to help one receive Christ. We are just too close, and like you said, we have to fight the devil in them, and it can get real personal when we are dealing with our mother , daughter, our brother, or whomever in our family. In my own family, I believe in end times and the rest of them (all heavily involved in their Methodist church) can't see it ....so they will bring up the subject and end up bashing me as a group....or, they all have their snide "Well, you know how Lisa is" remarks about how I am some kind of extreme believer who is in some end time believing cult because they just don't understand the times we are in. Is it my fault they don't read the scriptures for themselves...they don't pray except in group on Sunday...no...these are nasty habits they have because of the church they attend, and I have witnessed to them....there is nothing else I can do...but like you, when Christianity or christian related things come up, it almost always gets ugly, so I can't really witness to any of them....it never goes well.

EC...you need to pray for these people and earnestly ask the Lord to place others in their life to witness to them. Same for non family who just can't carry on an open conversation with you about salvation and matters of the like. I believe at the end of the day your problem here is a matter of perception. You didn't break anything that was already broken, EC....let me say that again....you didn't break anything that was already broken. The fact that you have tried to extend a witness does count in your favor as sharing the gospel message. The fact it wasn't or hasn't been received by them is not your fault and you could have been sweet as syrup and gotten the same results.....another's time to come to the Lord is between them and the Lord, and certainly, until one is truly on their own terms, in need of a physician, they won't receive your witness until they are at that place. It is good, therefore, that you plant seeds, so they can draw from them when they are at that place, and ready, and able to recall everything you did tell them.

You don't know all the particulars of a person's situation....they do and God does. That is why it is important to pray for the salvation of another. I pray the Lord put stumbling blocks or whatever else is needed in the lives of those I love so that they will get to a place where they cry out....but most certainly, outside of a witness, I can do no more to get them ready or willing other than just plant the seeds.

Now that I know what you are so upset about, I think you need to look at yourself and your expectations of others and the fact that you only accept your contribution to someone's salvation if it results in a 4 minute prayer. There are so many people out there who gave in and it sounded good in the moment so they said that prayer, invited Christ in, and offered Him a seat in their living room and then walked around him for the rest of time...never interacting with Him, offering Him their sacrifice or prayer....nothing, they opened the door, called Him in, and forgot He was there...for them, and to interact with them. It might feel good to both parties that this "witness' resulted in the prayer, but was there a true conversion? A true conversion is more about the person being converted and almost not at all about the willing witness of another. If a person isn't ready and desperate for the change and relationship with the Healer, they won't do anything much at all after that little prayer is said. The timing wasn't right.

So, when are you going to accept your true place in all of this and stop burdening yourself with harsh judgment about how you say or don't say a thing or a lot of things? I understand how you feel because my 14 year old child is very combative with myself and my husband in any and all conversations about the Lord. She is angry most of the time (it's her age), but I desperately fear the time we are in and her attitude. I get genuinely upset when we talk and like you, I beat myself up if in any way I said something I regretted later...but at the end of the day, she says to me "I don't like talking about God and all the God stuff"....OF COURSE that upsets me, and of course I try my level best to tell her why this is not ok....but it never results in anything...so all I can do is pray for her.

I am asking you to look at all of this from a different perspective. You are beating yourself up for something that is not entirely about what or how you say a thing....You do not accept your limitations and blame yourself for the choices of another, and that's just plain wrong.

:hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:48 am

yeah, I know what you mean, they can't just say a short prayer and everything is fine. I know I can't save anybody, but the least I could do is stop arguing with them, because that's what hardens their heart. We can win the argument and lose the soul. I always want to be right and defend myself instead of letting the Lord defend me. Jesus didn't defend himself, he was silent. He turned the other cheek. If they receive me, they receive Jesus. If they're mad or annoyed or bitter towards me because I was rude to them, then they're not receiving me or Jesus.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:50 am

Sunny wrote:EC, Patrick put it more expressively than I ever could, and he hit a very important point.

Many years ago I was so far from God. I thought I had permitted the unpardonable sin and I knew I was ****** and there was no forgiveness for me. And I tried to block that out of my mind instead of dealing with it.

One day I felt so desperate I got down and told God, I am going to talk to you about this and you will either **** me to hell or you will forgive me, but I'm probably ****** anyway.

So in clear words, I explained to God what I thought I had done. And a funny thing happened. The instant I opened up and told him, I felt a great wash of peace and knew I was forgiven.

It's the hiding things from God and not talking to Him about it that makes us so miserable we can't stand it.

:a3:
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:52 am

I pray the Lord put stumbling blocks or whatever else is needed in the lives of those I love so that they will get to a place where they cry out..


I wanted to add that sometimes the Lord intervenes in someone's life in a positive way, and they know it was Him, because even though they were skeptical, they did say a little prayer, and when they got an answer, it rang true, and they became more willing to believe. This happened in my brother's life and turned him around completely....and at the end of the day, all the years of witnessing I did wasn't able to move him, but the fact that I asked him to pray without necessarily believing, turned out to be a very good thing...because he recognized the Lord moving in his life and he became ready and willing to hear the gospel message.

So, I do tell people to pray for situations in their life even if they aren't ready to accept my witness on a particular day.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 am

extravagantchristian wrote:yeah, I know what you mean, they can't just say a short prayer and everything is fine. I know I can't save anybody, but the least I could do is stop arguing with them, because that's what hardens their heart. We can win the argument and lose the soul. I always want to be right and defend myself instead of letting the Lord defend me. Jesus didn't defend himself, he was silent. He turned the other cheek. If they receive me, they receive Jesus. If they're mad or annoyed or bitter towards me because I was rude to them, then they're not receiving me or Jesus.


You are not the only person who struggles in this area, EC. Certainly, because this issue of arguing is bringing you pain, you can pray about it and ask the Lord to help you in this area, and He will. Also, you can make a conscious effort to recognize when this is happening and remind yourself that you're not going to do it...and stop in the moment.....but getting to the condition you spoke of in your OP is not reasonable because you do what a lot of humans do....argue about something very important to you. Also, the fact that one feels they won an argument with you about salvation is pride on their part, and ultimately, they weren't ready or in the place where they felt they need the Lord...and you....it upset you....like it does me when I talk to certain people I am and have been witnessing to....just repent and keep trying....and make the changes you can...and ask the Lord to help you in this area....but having talked it through and having asked for forgiveness....you should be set free of this emotional burden you're going thru, EC.

For those who argue with you...pray more talk less for a while...and keep your witnessing limited with them, but don't let it go all together...just don't do it every time you see or talk to these people. That's what I do with my friend who I have been witnessing to for 2 years....occasionally, it is just so appropriate for me to share my faith and how my faith worked in a situation...so I do, but for the most part, I concentrate on being a friend to a person, or a daughter to a person...concentrate on being what you are to the other person and don't let yourself focus on their eternal status...that is something you know you can't fix for them.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 am

That's good to hear. Pray with out believing, that's good advise. My 82 year old grandma isn't saved either, she says she's agnostic. I love her so much and I know that any day she could slip off into hell, and before this very week is over I could be standing in front of her grave, knowing exactly where she is, and that it's too late for her. I think about it all the time but I can't force her. I did have a talk with her a few weeks ago, and she finally opened up to me and said that she's just not sure if God exists and she doesn't want to be one of those hypocrites that acts one way but doesn't really truly believe. But I said, we all come to God with a certain degree of unbelief, and that's ok. Just make peace with him anyway, pray anyway. And she said she would think about it. said that she does pray sometimes.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 am

You're right, I should be able to confess it and find peace. What good is ever going to come of me staying miserable?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 am

That is not an unsimilar comment from many who don't believe. It's hard to have faith in something you can see, hear, feel or touch. I love that the Lord brought my brother around through his prayers, and by preparing a company to create a position from out of nowhere that was custom tailored to my brothers specific skill set (its very unusual that he has the skill set he does and he's literally one on a billion who would be able to do this job that this company created and hired him for). Since he was so unsatisfied about his work situation, when he prayed and this happened, he knew it was the Lord answering his prayers.

It took something like this for my near genius (if not genius) brother. His brain was so powerful that witnessing to him was almost completely futile, and everyone always lost, because he turned things upside down in our witness all the time.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:15 am

extravagantchristian wrote:You're right, I should be able to confess it and find peace. What good is ever going to come of me staying miserable?


More than me seeing the error in your thinking, is how important it is for you to see your errors in your thinking. None of us is perfect, and you are only depressed because you so desperately want a good thing for these people you love. You should be sad (to a degree), just like I am sad over the people I love. Praying for them, earnestly, makes me feel better. I cannot save these people I love and it makes me sad. I know this is a hallmark pain for a lot of christians....we suffer knowing what our loved ones are facing, yet, we are powerless to do anything about it.....so praying brings me peace and comfort. Many Christians suffer to know that just because they are saved doesn't mean people they love will ever be saved....it's crushing, actually.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 am

:clap:
Last edited by extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm

I really wish you could read your above post from my eyes instead of yours. As I read some of the paragraphs, I was thinking to myself that none of this falls in line with the God of the bible...and this is not who He is. You may not believe me when I say this, but my spirit said that the scriptures about saving your life were about your spiritual life, not your physical life. I honestly felt the Holy Spirit was telling me that the lessons in those scriptures were not about your taking actions to save your physical life, but were about your relationship with the Lord, for spending eternity with Him is something that should bring you joy, not fear.

Sis, this never was about you doing something to save your physical life. That was taken care of. Here are your comments, one which follows the other:

It's like a phobia now that doesn't make any sense. Because the cancer cells are gone,


Its not "like" a phobia, it has become one...it IS a phobia

and God has delivered me from every trial I've ever been in, so why wouldn't he deliver me from this?


He already did deliver you from this. You just said the cancer cells are gone. Even if they returned, it would be the same process of asking for deliverance so that you are able to continue to raise your children. Your true phobia didn't begin as a God thing, per se, it's more with the fear that you will not be able to take care of your children and what would happen to them. You need to ask yourself why it is you don't trust the Lord. If you trusted the Lord, whether you were here or not, you could ask this very day to ensure your children are properly reared in Christ and secure at all times until they come to an age that they can fully care for themselves and then...trust that the Lord will honor your request (we know the fervent prayer of a righteous saint and we also know anything you ask in my name shall be given)....so we know we can trust the Lord fully, for His Word promises that, and He is good and faithful and answers every prayer....So....whether it is you or someone God appointed due to your days numbers, if you trusted the Lord with all your heart, you could pray that prayer and be satisfied that nomatter what, your children would be ok.

I have more to say on your post, but I need to ensure that when I type, my mind is completely here. For now, my mind has drifted back to the work I need to send to my clients, so I feel pressured and am going to close for now. Already, what I have said deserves your deepest considerations, sister, because it is quite loaded, in and of itself....

I will respond more, later, if it's ok with you.

I know we could take this to PMs, but honestly, and typical of me, I like to let it all hang out on the open boards, because I trust and PRAY that the Lord use these boards for others, members or not on FP, who struggle. This is our witness, honesty and openness on the open boards....and so for me, I have to overcome my own embarrassment in favor of my prayerful request that my honesty and humility (to be so honest) is helpful to others who, deep down, need these words we share with each other. ...that said, it is personal to you...but I so appreciate your being so gut wrenchingly honest, and I know it's hard to do in the public forum....because I do it.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:39 pm

One more thing before I close for now. You are not the only mother who worries about their children if/should they perish. Do you think I trust my husband (of course you do not know him)....listen....noone, in my opinion is capable of really understanding and providing for my child, not even my own husband....or mother....not anyone....noone, in my estimation, could raise my child as well as me and see all that needs to be seen so that all the needs are met.

But, when she was born and people asked to hold her (fearfully, because she was so tiny), I emphasized to all of them that she was not "mine" per se, but she belonged to the Lord....and was given to me to raise.....FOR HIM.......

now, I have prayed that should anything ever happen to me, the Lord will provide for HIS CHILD, my daughter....and again, perspective has reared it's all knowing head....she is not mine, she belongs to the Lord and has simply been put in my care for a time....and if the Lord can provide and care for everyone else on this planet, why do I need to think I am the only one who can provide for my child?

Perspective.

:mrgreen: :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:55 pm

well said GodsStudent!

RT
Resurrection Torchlight
 
Posts: 3898
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:14 pm

I promised to add more later to this thread and got a phone call that my grandmother hasn't eaten or been conscious since last Friday or so....and I am going to sit with her as they feel she may be passing away in the next few days. My attention has been completely taken away from the cares of my life and are completely on my grandmother now, so I am going to skip out on this thread for a little while to take care of family matters. EC....you are in my heart and I will be praying for you, but I know you are going to come through this like I told you in my original response. The Lord put those words I shared with you on my heart. I wrote the post twice. The first was my human response and I felt I needed to delete it, and from there, the new words came almost faster than I could type them. God loves you and I know you feel numb right now, but I suspect you are going to come thru this with much more purpose and satisfaction in your walk with Christ. We all have these "events" in our walk, and though we think we might die from the suffering they bring, the fact is...Joy comes in the morning, sis! God Bless and I will be thinking about you and praying. Lisa
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that,. I''ll be praying for you. Thanks again for your help. You have been so encouraging.
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby mrgravyard49 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

E.C I cant add to the GREAT advice many here have given you.. Other than What I do when Im upset or down.. Just Drive.. And talk to the Lord, Scream if You must, Cry ANYTHING.. Just let it out. TRUST Me it HELPS!!!!!
Know You are Loved by the Lord and Your Brothers and Sisters here.. :hugs2:
mrgravyard49
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:51 pm
Location: Columbus Ohio

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby extravagantchristian on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Thank you :hugs2:
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:44 am
Location: KS

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi EC: I am thinking of you, sister! Just wanted to stop in and give you a great big hug. :hugs: Right now, I am grieving the loss of one of my favorite people ever (my grandmother), so I am a little crazy.....and not at all focused....and I better not write too much here, lol....

but I can definitely write that you are in my prayers and your well being and even happiness is very important to me. I know the Lord cares so much more than me or anyone else, and so you are going to make it thru this, too.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:13 pm

EC How are things?

I read the thread through a couple of days ago and I thought I might be able to help. I have been through what you were sharing for more years than I care to share. When I was born again I received a boat load of new creature from the Lord. I was so different I didn't recognize myself. It was amazing and God was amazing. I think the honeymoon and the peace and joy lasted about a month to six weeks.

I refused to obey what the Lord told me to do, which was to read the Bible. I was not taught in a fundamental or pentecostal church. I was raised in a catholic religion, so the only bible I ever heard was a couple of friends who said something about the book of Revelation to me. The very best thing about being born again to me was loving everyone. Whereas before I hated being in a crowd, after all I looked forward to was being around people. I think the hardest thing to deal with when we back slide and lose touch with God is the loss of love for others - there is nothing else like it.

I was rebellious and disobedient, lifted up in pride, and the bible says 'pride comes before a fall'. God gave me a test at the end of our honeymoon. I was in a bar called 'old man rivers' with my girlfriend who was not saved. I went to get her a drink and me a coke (because I didn't need or want a hard drink, I was already feeling great). I walked to the bar and ordered and I saw this girl sitting in a booth all by herself and I felt drawn to her. It wasn't a physical attraction and I was a little surprised by the feeling. I was on talking terms with the Lord, and I said Lord, I can't go talk to her. What if my girlfriend comes in here and sees me sitting with this girl. The bar was busy as I looked to see if she ready for me to pay her.

I looked over at the girl the second time and I felt the exact same pull and again I said (with a little more persistence), Lord, I can't go over there. If my girlfriend comes in here and sees me she will make a scene, You know her. So again, I waited for the drinks and the devil sent these two girls to stand next to me like they were interested in talking with me to confuse the issue. I said something to the devil under my breath and made a silly remark to the girls, then I looked over to the girl at the booth. She was hurting and I could tell, but I didn't care enough to do something about it or what was worse, I didn't fear the Lord enough to obey what He wanted me to do.

Of course, the following many years gave me a lot of time to regret what i had done, and come to know that the Lord is to be feared. Loved first and foremost of course, and if we always know the goodness of the Lord and we just mess up a little here and there, we need not know of His severity.

I sought many years to get back to the place I was at the first. I was like a man being tossed about by the waves of the sea, feeling His presence every now and then, and having a dream of God every now and then. God was showing me His love and encouraging me to continue onward.

This whole time I was reading the Holy Bible and learning all the time. My wife and I sat under some dear pastors and attended some wonderful and interesting churches. There were times we did't attend any church and once, when we lived in Tennessee, she attended a Church of God by herself after being invited by one of her Avon customers. I think I went with her once to that church.

There were some epiphany moments along the way. One of the main ones was after I was injured doing tree work and needed to have knee surgery. I went to Charity hospital in New Orleans, which can be atrial in itself. I didn't like that I needed surgery. I had never had it before. It did however, make me pray more and seek Him more. I never really cried over the things I had done after the Lord had touched me and changed me those years before. One day, about a month before the surgery, it came pouring out and I was really sorry for what I had done. That felt good and it was good, but during the time right before the surgery I kind of lost it when I was in the hallway waiting my turn to be rolled in. It had been 13 hours of waiting and there was a young man screaming down the hall. It just got to be too much for me, but right before I went it the Lord gave me this - Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. That gave me a peace and totally settled me down.

Anothert one was when I realized I was seeking what God could give to me but not He Himself. It wasn't so much Jesus that I wanted, but I wanted the peace, the joy, the love for people that I had before. Of course, when we get God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, we get everything else.

I would like to share some truth with you. Things that I have come to see and know after many years of seeking, and also from listening to wise men who have taught me. I have been on a quest if you will, and there were times when I felt like giving up and times when I did temporarily give up. I used to get in three week depressions in the early 1980's because I would try to live the life and would fail miserably. I would quit on God and get mad and get depressed. I was in the wilderness way longer than I would want most criminals to suffer.

All things work together for good to them who love Him and who are called according to His purpose. Now, I must tell you that, I haven't heard Jesus speak audibly to me, haven't been visited by an angel, haven't even been directed since leaving a local church recently, but I can say that I have back the peace and the joy and the love for people. It is because my walk and my faith is right. Jesus said, If you abide in my word, then are you my disciples in deed, and you shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

It's not just having faith or loving God or your fellow man. It is knowing the truth. There are many things out there that are not the truth, wide is the way that leads to destruction.

We know that what Jesus did on the cross saves our souls. We are saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves…. It is the blood of Jesus Christ that atones for our sins, washes them away, past, present, and future. 1 John 1:9.

Victorious living is done the same way. Our faith is to be in Jesus and what He did at the cross. It sounds simple, but it is not for us for a number of reasons. We may want to have some part to be responsible for our victorious living, for the joy and the peace. We have none. There is absolutely nothing that we can do to earn salvation, and there is nothing we can do to live an overcoming life. We are branches that are plugged into the Vine.

When we leave that simple faith, we enter into an area where we leave grace and come into law. Paul the apostle went through the misery of 'When I tried to do good evil was present with me'. 'The thing that I hated, that I did, and the thing that I wanted to do, I did not'. 'O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from this body of death'? 'I thank God throughout the Lord Jesus Christ'. 'There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

How do we walk after the Spirit? By simple faith and by allowing God to be God and letting Him do things the way He wants to do them. Our job is to believe Him, even to the point of praising Him before anything happens. If nothing happens we still praise Him and we let Him work. James says, 'let patience have its perfect work'.

It is God and our Lord Jesus that gives us the Holy Spirit and power. Actually, it is His power. The love we have for people is not because of us, it is like the song that says, I love you with the love of the Lord. If we are spiritual, it is because of His Holy Spirit. On our part, let us have our focus on Jesus Christ, our faith in Him and what He accomplished on the cross. This way our source is the Holy Spirit and not ourselves. This will produce success.

Will we mess up still? Yes. It is a learning process to trust in the Lord and not ourselves or some formula. Even if we trust in our bible reading and praying, we can make a law out of it, and open ourselves up to walking in the flesh. Then the sin nature comes back alive and we find ourself sinning. When we place our faith correctly and put our trust in Him, we may have to wait for the hope of righteousness, but it will come. Then we will be walking in the Spirit, even while we are waiting if need be, and we will start to walk in His divine nature and you will feel the Holiness you spoke about once again.

The Holy Spirit works with faith that glorifies Jesus. If we can control it, it is something we make up or do and we can take the glory for it. God doesn't work with us much when we do this, mostly just tries to get us back on the right path and encourage us some. Its like we are in the wilderness, but we want to be in His glorious kingdom.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: southeast Louisiana

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 pm

It is God and our Lord Jesus that gives us the Holy Spirit and power. Actually, it is His power. The love we have for people is not because of us, it is like the song that says, I love you with the love of the Lord. If we are spiritual, it is because of His Holy Spirit. On our part, let us have our focus on Jesus Christ, our faith in Him and what He accomplished on the cross. This way our source is the Holy Spirit and not ourselves. This will produce success.


I loved this.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: need advice and prayer

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:11 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for sanctification! Your timing is perfect and Your children love You. Please be with EC this day and encourage her to keep pressing on. Pick her up, dust her off, and set her back on track. Help her to trust You. Amen.
Image
User avatar
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 3721
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:29 am
Location: Washington


Return to Prayer Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest