Help for Pakistani family

Help for Pakistani family

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 am

I am asking for help for a Pakistani family that I have been helping for a few months. They have been terrorized in their living area and in his job. Their names are Qaiser and Nadia Saleem. I first met them when a friend asked me to help them, Qaiser had been threatened many times at his job and in his neighborhood to convert to Islam or they would rape and kill his wife and 4 year old daughter.

I helped him and his family go from Karachi to Gujranwala to hide out in a small christian community up there. He recently left the country to go to Dubai in search of work. He has had no luck there, and we finally got him a visa to go to Brazil, to Sorocaba where a pastor has agreed to sponsor him on a 90 day visa, and then we can get the visa changed to allow his family to immigrate with him there.

The problem is that I have to help him get to Sorocaba, Brazil from Dubai, UAE before February 8th, which is the last day he can use the Brazil visa. We need $800 to get him there, if there is anyone out there that feels like helping I can get you in touch with Qaiser directly.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Re: Help for Pakistani family

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:58 am

Please consider helping this wonderful family. I suspect we will all have our day running from people who want to do us harm, please help.
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:57 am

Patrick: Check your regular email. We are truly blessed of the Lord when we help others, and I know most on FP know this already. I know that practically everything you earn you give to others, so if you're asking for money here, you are tapped out in the moment, ( I know your life, you go on missions to witness and then you come back to earn money to take with you when you go on missions again)...right now you're on missions, and no doubt, you've given your all, already!

I'm in, and most of all, I will pray about this, too.

Hope all is well over there. We haven't heard from you much lately, and just yesterday I was thinking you hadn't posted a lot lately. I am assuming you're over there, because of this, but you may have just gotten back to work this side.....(I most assuredly hope you are with your wife and new baby over there, because it makes me happy to imagine you and your family together!!! I do understand your purpose in working here for $$$, and that it is necessary in order for your missions work, but forgive that I so desire for your wife to have her husband and your new baby to have her daddy...she is so beautiful!!!).

God Bless you, brother! Im praying.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 am

:praying: for the Lord to meet this need, and for his will to be done.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am

Well Sis,
I came back on Jan 9th, packed up what little i had bought for the apt again, and my clothes and stuff. Put my guys in a long term hotel room for a month and asked a retired friend to help them scrap. Then i drove up to Oregon starting on Jan 15th, got here on Jan 18th, I had to camp out a little under the stars in the clean air. Now I started my new job at the same company but different facility on Jan 22nd worked 50 hours and now im off for a couple of days, I have to find a place to live somewhere near work. I miss my family so much already, but I will see them again soon.
Still paying down Hacel's house so we can pay it off quickly and start to fix it up better for the church and learning center. I miss Hacel and Haya and Nicol too, they are my other kids now, I cant wait to get back and see them again, but I know they are in good hands now at least. Now Nadia and Qaiser have been an ongoing issue, trying to help them stay safe, but with your help I think we will get it done this time by sending Qaiser to Brazil they will finally have a chance to be free. Please keep Pastor Ademir Martines in Sorocaba, Brazil in your prayers.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:43 pm

I hope others will step up to help as well. My contribution, by far, does not meet the goal. I'm glad to hear you made it safely back (always a concern with you in those airports with all those tracts!) :mrgreen: Then again, that's my problem, because the Lord is for you (so who can be against?), but we do like to know when you're traveling, so we can pray you up!

Welcome home and I look forward to hearing about all your new coworkers that you're going to be witnessing to. :grin: (I know how you roll, brother....may God Bless You!!!).

One day, Patrick, we will all be together and at home together. I am sorry you have to leave your family in order for you to do what you need to do, but I thank you for your lifestyle...and I admire and appreciate and grow as a result of knowing someone like you....you are a blessing to me, and many. Stay Warm...."under the stars" these days can be a little rough, it's so cold out there!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Please consider helping this family, we still need 600 dollars to get him to Brazil. I know God wont bring us to this point after struggling to get him a visa to Brazil, I know he wont leave him in Dubai, but its hard to see how we will make it at this point. It only cost 5 or 10 dollars to send him money thru western union online or in person.

Please consider helping, imagine this is your family being threatened with rape and murder. Please help.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:54 pm

This is Qaiser and Nadia (Nazish) with their 4 year old daughter. Please help these wonderful people.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Reaching out for Jesus in a muslim country, how many of us have that kind of courage, to lay your life and the lives of your family down everytime you worship?

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:04 pm

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

To those of you that have promised to help and are praying for this situation, thank you so much. We still need so much help to get this family safe.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 pm

we still need 600 dollars to get Qaiser to Brazil, please consider helping, these people will not survive without your help.

Please contact me if you can find it in your heart to help. we only have 7 days to get him to Brazil, then the visa expires. It was very hard to get the visa, please dont let the visa expire without trying to help.

I will personally pay each of you back the money if you give me a little time, I just dont have enough to give right now.

Please help them, you will send the money directly to Nadia in Pakistan. I will give you the contact info, its easy to send from western union, it only costs 10 dollars to send to another country, not the outrageous fees like sending internally in the US.

Please help them, :cry:

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:47 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please provide for them. Your will be done Lord Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:49 pm

2 days left till the visa expires, please consider helping this family. thank you

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:47 am

We did it. Qaiser will land in Rio at 7pm on Feb 8th with 5 hour left on his visa he will be granted a 90 day visa when he goes thru customs. Then we can change it so he can bring his family over.
When it looked like we might fail, plan b came thru, we got a loan, have to help his mother in law pay it back now, we may need to do it again for Nadia and their daughter soon.

Those of you that prayed, thank you, God heard our prayers.
We serve an awesome God!!!

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby burien1 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:25 am

:praise:
burien1

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Qaiser's wife Nadia and his sister were attacked by muslims in Pakistan, they are both in the hospital. I dont have many details yet. Please keep them in your prayers it will be one month till Qaiser can work in Brazil so he can earn the money to get his family on a plane to be safe with him.
I am trying to get his family to another safe place to hide out till they can go to Brazil. Please pray for them, he is so worried about them now, but is staying in the Word and praying constantly. Its a hard thing to be so far away from your family when they need you, I know this firsthand.
thank you.
Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby burien1 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:48 am

:praying:
burien1

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 am

:cry: I am joining you in prayers for Quaiser and his wife and daughter. I don't understand...so it seems they didn't make it safely out even though they had the tickets to travel?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:23 am

Lisa,
only Qaiser made it to Brazil, Nadia and his daughter will go when he makes enough money. He also has to get his visa changed. He cant work till he is there in country for 30 days. Nadia is doing better, she is out of the hospital, I sent them enough money yesterday to pay the hospital bill and go to another place where hopefully they can be safe till Qaiser can make enough money to get them to Brazil. He is doing better now also, he was crazy with worry, but we have gotten Nadia safe in another place, so he can at least sleep.

On a positive note, he is translating some songs from Urdu to English and Portuguese and will sing in church this Sunday. I am trying to get a video of him so i can post it. Just please keep them all in your prayers.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Patrick: I told you in another thread that I need you to email me coz' I can't figure out your email address. Don't forget what I told you in my last email about what was important....

Mercy, we have it so easy here in the USA right now. I am so overwhelmed by all that so many others are enduring all over the planet. Americans (me) just don't know how blessed we have been on so many fronts. It's a shame I never paid attention to what I was doing all those years.....I have regrets about squandering my assets.....I had no idea at all what was really valuable. :(
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:31 am

GS,
Check your email, Plz.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 am

GodsStudent wrote:Patrick: I told you in another thread that I need you to email me coz' I can't figure out your email address. Don't forget what I told you in my last email about what was important....

Mercy, we have it so easy here in the USA right now. I am so overwhelmed by all that so many others are enduring all over the planet. Americans (me) just don't know how blessed we have been on so many fronts. It's a shame I never paid attention to what I was doing all those years.....I have regrets about squandering my assets.....I had no idea at all what was really valuable. :(

Lisa,
We have all made mistakes, God has forgiven all of them, dont worry about what has been, but press onward to the goal. It matters from this day forward what you do, how you live for Him, the past cant be changed. So, dont let it get you down, dont let your past mistakes define you, but live in the grace and mercy our Lord Jesus Christ has given you and drive on.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 am

Qaiser in church with some friends in Brazil. He is in the white shirt on the right with 2 bibles in his hand.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:26 am

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 am

Qaiser with friends and the associate pastor.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:31 am

Qaiser with some members of a youth group in church.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am

Qaiser just getting back from telling his story at a missionary training school in Brazil.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 am

http://s1342.photobucket.com/user/porou ... 2.mp4.html

Qaiser singing a song in Urdu with a translation into Portuguese by one of the men in the bible study. I hope someone will let me know if you cant see the video, it worked for me, but I was already logged into my photobucket acct, but the link did take me to the video.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 am

The link worked for me and while I didn't understand what he was saying, I always like to hear praises unto the Most High and Worthy Christ Jesus, King of King and Lord of Lords!

I love all the pictures, Patrick. Christ shows through their smiles. His family is beautiful. So we are waiting the 30 days until he can work and then he will send for his wife and daughter, right?

Are the wife and daughter both out of the hospital and recovering in a safe place now?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:27 am

sorry GS,
Here is the translation from the song, he sent it to me. (as he sent it)
God is great we are nothing Jesus this is your gloroius majesty in this world.because my personality is nothing. If I loose your spirit them my life will be finish. Jesus realy I bundle of thanks to you because you choosed me and blessed me.this is your greatness for me othervise my works are not good for these blessings.but you love me forever. Oh my lord my almighty If I have no fear of you then my life is empty,nofruitfull.no helpful for others, That’s why you are my big suppoter,good guider,and protector.othervise I am nothing .god is great I m nothing AMEN

Yes, his wife(his daughter is ok, she wasnt hurt in the attack) was released and so was his sister and I paid the hospital bills and got them to another safe house,

As you can imagine there are very few christians in Pakistan, and even less willing to stick out their necks to help strangers. I am almost at the end of my capability, please keep them in prayer.

He will be able to work as soon as his visa is changed, we are working on that now. But it will be some time before he earns enough to bring them over.
I will post pics of Qaiser with the youth group he taught on Sunday later, have some things to do now, never a dull moment nowadays.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 pm

I wonder if any of the ministries out there would help get this done sooner. I listened to Rick Wiles mention that he just sent half of his January money to his daughter's mission and it was more than 20k, which means he brought in over 40k. I just wonder if some of these ministries could do something to help them???

:praying: I have prayed as earnestly as I can for the Lord to intervene and show you the direction you should take to find the money that will resolve this familie's crisis. If I had it, I would send it, but I don't, and it would be irresponsible for me to send you what I have when I know I must pay those I owe. That said, I do wish we could do something to bring this family back together, so I have prayed for the Lord to touch His own and get this situation over and taken care of and this family back together!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 pm

if you have suggestions on any ministry to contact please let me have them, if you know for sure that they do this kind of work. I have been blown off by literally dozens of ministries who could not care less about these types of issues, I gave up contacting them for my personal sanity and mobilized what little resources that I have in that part of the world, which isnt much but its all i have to work with right now. if they were in another part of the world this would be so much easier, but I am limited in some muslim majority nations.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Qaiser with the youth group he taught on Sunday, he is steadily learning Portuguese

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:27 pm

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 pm

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:07 pm

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for Your provision. Please bless the ministry and reunite this family soon. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Thank God for His provision and kindness. I just found out that Nadia is pregnant, 5 months. She is safe again thanks to all your prayers and thank you also GS. She is in a safe place in Karachi with her daughter and just got back from the doctor, she is pregnant with a son. She has not told Qaiser yet because it would put too much pressure on him and worry. Qaiser is steadily learning portuguese and thinks he has a line on a job in the next few weeks when he is able to speak better and can work legally.
Please keep them in your prayers that we can reunite this family in Brazil where they no longer have to fear for their safety at least for now, and that Nadia's pregnancy will be untroubled and free of any serious complications.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for providing their safety and health through the days/weeks/months ahead. Please continue to help them with the resources that can advance their careers and reunion plans. I pray for a healthy pregnancy and fresh strength for each day. Thank You for taking such good care of this family Lord. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests