Pastor Bacang, Earthquake

Re: Pastor Bacang, Earthquake

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:55 am

Packing Pastor Bacang's church to the limit with people before we showed the visual bible series film Matthew. Its on youtube for any that want to see it.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:02 am

on the way back to Bayawan after the movie showing on Christmas eve.
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:05 am

the ladies in the church handing out meals of spaghetti, that we had provided. We prepared 200 meals.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 am

as you are looking at the pic, Youth Pastor Edjie Delfin is on my left ( im in sunglasses), to my right is Elizabeth Bacang and Pastor Bacang, in front of them holding the tablet is Hazel, 2nd person to the right of Hazel is Beth Gadingan, Pastor Nilo Gadingan's wife, behind her is Joyjoy holding his baby and his wife with her tongue sticking out ( she was doing that because she and I were making silly faces for Hazel and her brother while they took our pics, over a few days i saw her, Hazel must have taken a few hundred vids and pics of me, she and her brothers( Haya- 8 yrs old, and Nicol- 5 years old) became attached to us quickly. In front of me is my wife Rachel. .
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:35 am

One of the pastors from a local church who attended, I'm sorry that I can't recall his name right now, I met scores of people and my memory isn't what it should be.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:37 am

Mr. Lechon gave his all to attend the service, :lol:

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 am

Lovelyn Bacang in white next to my wife Rachel.

Behind Lovelyn in the red plaid is the associate pastor in Nilo Gadingan's church in Maloh, Siaton, Philippines.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:42 am

In front with me is Pastor Nilo Gadingan, who translated the sermon that I gave into Visayan for me. He is a wonderful man whom I have grown to love and respect.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:44 am

closing prayer

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:46 am

Hazel is happy and cant stop taking pics of me, she loves when i make my face look sillier than it already does.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:49 am

just past the church, had to pick up Pastor Bacang's nephew to take him to the hospital, he ran into a dog while riding a motorcycle and got pretty messed up in the wreck.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:51 am

young boys on a road to Narra who are working harder than most men I know.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:57 am

This is Hazel's grandmother's house, right across the street from the church, Pastor Bacang is negotiating to get the best price he can so we can buy it for the church, its needed for many reasons, as a sunday school overflow, a computer learning center we have already bought some equipment that we need.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 am

Rachel and I had went to Dumaguete to get all the kids school supplies, we packaged them up and gave them out, the kids were thrilled.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:05 am

Hazel's youngest brother, Nicol, he just wanted to be with me everywhere i went. I will miss him very much.
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 am

we had contests for the kids, in this one they had to peel a banana and eat it with their hands behind their backs, pretty entertaining, :lol:

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:12 am

In the Philippines it can be so beautiful,

but the roads can be a bummer

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:02 am

Awesome pictures, Patrick! Thank you for sharing them!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 am

Patrick, thank you so VERY MUCH for those photos!
Sunny

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 am

I really enjoyed being there with everyone, I met so many wonderful people. I can't wait to go back there. I am in Manila now with our newborn. I will leave here Jan 8th and have to move to Oregon when I get back to start my new position on Jan 22nd.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:51 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for all the blessings You are pouring out in these ministries. Your provision is wonderful! I pray for continued growth in their spirits towards You and Your truths. Amen.

Lord, thank You for Patrick's newborn! Help mom to recover quickly and may the little baby grow big and strong. Thank You for watching over them Yeshua. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Thank you all for your prayers, I will be leaving Manila tonight. We signed the purchase contract for Hacel's house. Thats Hazel, I was just spelling it like I heard it, but Im old and make mistakes.
The house will be used as a sunday school area, they have 50 kids now that go to church regularly, they were meeting next to an halfway open CR(restroom) in a 10'x6' area, not really conducive to learning and the distractions from smell and use were not a good environment.
I am renting the house for one peso per year to Pastor Bacang, about 2.5 cents american. If we last on this earth long enough I intend to give it back to Hacel as her birthright when she is responsible enough to handle it. We are looking at the open land next to the church to purchase next, I will just give that to the church so we can expand the building as a more permanent alternative.
Please pray for Effie and Josh in Mindanao island, new believers I helped to come to Jesus, they are living in a very dangerous environment to christians.
I have been appointed as a missionary to the Philippines under the leadership of Nixon Sayson District Pastor of Fellowship of the Voice of Zion for all the work I am trying to do there. I gladly accepted as that will give me more opportunities to help others to know Jesus, there are so many that need Him.
Hacel asked me to take Nicol, her 5 year old brother to the USA with me when i go so their father cant hurt him anymore and he will be safe, that made me cry for a while as I am not able to do this. But Hacel and her brothers call Rachel and I daddy and mama now, I told them we are family and I will always be there for them no matter what.
I could easily spend my life here, and I surely will be praying for guidance on that issue.

All in all the trip was a great success but so much more remains to be done, I cant wait to come back and continue what we have started.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Sunny on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:46 am

Fantastic report, Patrick. Thanks so much for the update!
Sunny

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:24 am

We have decided to adopt Hacel and her brothers. They adopted Rachel and I first so we are going to make it legal. Hacel's father tried to rape her last year and she will give testimony in court on March 25th, we think he is going to try to hurt her or take her from Pastor Bacang's house before she can testify, he was seen around the church late at night. Rachel and I have a house away from there and he doesnt have the resources to find her or bother her there.
They have found a place in our hearts and I want to keep them safe from any harm and give them so much love that one day they will get over the trauma their father put them thru.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:47 pm

please pray for all the roadblocks to come down to the adoption, and for all of their safety. The father and his friends have made threats against Pastor Bacang and his church. He has not been caught yet, although a warrant for his arrest has been issued.
We are moving as fast as we can to get this done. I just found out that one of my friends on facebook is the regional compliance and verification officer with DSWD ( Dept of Social Welfare Development) their version of children youth and families dept or child welfare.
God has blessed me many times over through facebook and who i meet on there and who I can witness to on there. I had no idea that a nice young woman who i had met on a church visit 700 miles to the north in a very small town on Luzon island would end up being a valuable resource in the exact manner and dept. 2 years later.that i needed.

How God works is amazing!!

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby burien1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:54 pm

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 am

LONGINGFORHOME wrote:please pray for all the roadblocks to come down to the adoption, and for all of their safety. The father and his friends have made threats against Pastor Bacang and his church. He has not been caught yet, although a warrant for his arrest has been issued.
We are moving as fast as we can to get this done. I just found out that one of my friends on facebook is the regional compliance and verification officer with DSWD ( Dept of Social Welfare Development) their version of children youth and families dept or child welfare.
God has blessed me many times over through facebook and who i meet on there and who I can witness to on there. I had no idea that a nice young woman who i had met on a church visit 700 miles to the north in a very small town on Luzon island would end up being a valuable resource in the exact manner and dept. 2 years later.that i needed.

How God works is amazing!!

You guys are beautiful, and I want to also thank you for sharing your trip and your heart with us. It is amazing what God can do. I am so blessed by what you both are doing in adopting Hazel and Nicol. Will be praying for all roadblocks to come down and for all their safety.
sacredcowbasher

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:09 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:
You guys are beautiful, and I want to also thank you for sharing your trip and your heart with us. It is amazing what God can do. I am so blessed by what you both are doing in adopting Hazel and Nicol. Will be praying for all roadblocks to come down and for all their safety.

We love these kids as our very own, and Pastor Bacang's family has become like our extended family. We talk to them daily and try to see to their needs and those of his church. I cant wait to go back there and see them all again and work on Hacel's house to get it more useful for our purposes. Thank you Sunny for your continued support of Pastor Bacang, and to all of you for your prayers we appreciate them.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Dearest Yeshua,

Please hear these prayers. Thank You for moving through this family and working out every detail. Protection for all and encouragement. Bring this new family together quickly and completely. Thank You for the blessings of helpers from unexpected places! YOU ARE AMAZING LORD!!! Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Prayer Requests