Could use a little prayer..

Could use a little prayer..

Postby laney on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:21 am

I have been battling kidney stones for the last month or so and had surgery Friday. They put a stint in and I have been in some pretty bad pain. Would appreciate a little prayer sent up for me that no complications would arise. Thank you dear friends and after reading some of the request here I feel a little embarrassed to ask. May the Lord honor each and every request according to His will, in Jesus's precious name, amen. :praying:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Re: Could use a little prayer..

Postby burien1 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 am

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:26 am

Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Salty Skipper on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Salty Skipper

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:50 pm

:praying: and especially :hugs: sending you a giant cyber hug.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 am

praying for relief

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby drdos on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 am

drdos

Postby laney on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:57 am

Thank you dear people! I got my stint out yesterday and I think I am going to make it! Shew, what a nightmare this has been. I really appreciate your prayers! Thanks and God bless each of you! :a2:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am

:praying: for you this morning, Laney. I am so pleased you're making it through this bout and am already praying you up that we may avoid or have a much less severe next one! My friend's husband drinks a lot of lemonade as she says she researched this and found out this helped fight them off????? I don't know much about what causes these, but I have prayed the Lord show you!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby laney on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Thank you sweet Lisa. You are such a sweetie! I sure will try that and hope that it works! :hugs:
laney

Postby Dusty on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:05 am

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Have not been on the board at all this week but praying you have found great relief from the pain and those stones never return. :prayer
Dusty

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 am

laney wrote:Thank you sweet Lisa. You are such a sweetie! I sure will try that and hope that it works! :hugs:

Still praying for you, sis. I have two friends in particular who get these things often and often have to be hospitalized (just like you) to pass them. I know the Lord can help you come to knowledge that might help with this....and I am earnestly praying that He show you what to do and not do in order that you can minimize the number of times you must endure these awful and painful passings. I wish I knew more so I could tell you what I think might work, but I don't...only what my friends have said in passing that they are doing to make sure these things aren't a regular companion. All of that said, I am confident the Lord will hear our prayers for you and help in this area. Kidney stones....blech! not cool! :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

Oh, and my friend whose husband gets them and they are so terrible.....she goes to the farmer's market at our nearby flea market, and she gets lemons for 20 cents each (they're more like 80 cents each at the grocery store). She uses her juicer to get the juice of these lemons and puts the juice in baggies and freezes it until she's ready to make lemonade again. That way, she can get inexpensive lemon juice to make this lemonade.....so.....consider your farmer's market....even the large vendors at our farmers market will sell a case of lemons and it comes out to around 24 cents a lemon, then fresh lemonade costs no more to make and have than pepsi at the grocery...(I did the math on this).

I use 3 cups of lemon juice to make a gallon of lemonade. I served fresh lemonade at my wedding years back (it's my husband's favorite drink).....Anyway, I put sugar in boiling hot water to melt it and added it to the water (don't pour hot sugar straight on the lemon juice as it will change the flavor some).....Once I had my sugar water (warm, but not hot as I added the boiling water to the cold water), I poured my lemon juice in last and .....I could drink REAL LEMONADE all year long, and actually, I do......it's a household favorite and never stays around once we make some!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests